Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 358159 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #750 on: October 28, 2014, 03:53:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
thoughts on the latest episode?  love that they polished off Gareth like that --> didn't want to waste the bullets.  priceless.

First thought: 
any speculation on the Preacher from the last episode?  the writing on the wall suggests something nasty in his past.

I think he freaked and locked out his parishioners when things got bad.  That's why he was so rattled by seeing that woman he knew.

Booya!

Overall, I was pretty surprised they burned through that storyline so fast after an entire 1/2 season of buildup.  But it was fun seeing them get the drop on the Terminus guys.  Wish they'd done more on Tyrese refusing to kill that guy, though.

BTW, am I the only one who's really entertained by the fact that Maggie seems to have completely forgotten she has a sister?  This week's adventure: boarding a bus for DC while your sister's still captured and missing without even mentioning it!
the Beth storyline did seem to be glazed over conveniently for quite awhile.  apparently that will be addressed in the next episode.  looking forward to seeing what's happened to her.

« Reply #751 on: November 07, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
any thoughts on Carol showing up at the end of the Beth storyline this week?  wondering if she was just separated from Daryl while looking for Beth or if this is part of a bigger plan to check out the hospital colony

« Reply #752 on: November 07, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I suspect carol will kill all of them and fairly quickly. They took her thinking she would be weak but shes strong. although i think they've already driven home that point so idk why we need to see it again.

but idk, i read the comics and this isnt in it at all so no idea where they're going w this actually. i like beth but im hoping we re-join the main crew soon. :)

« Reply #753 on: November 07, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I suspect carol will kill all of them and fairly quickly. They took her thinking she would be weak but shes strong. although i think they've already driven home that point so idk why we need to see it again.

but idk, i read the comics and this isnt in it at all so no idea where they're going w this actually. i like beth but im hoping we re-join the main crew soon. :)
I don't read the comics -- enjoying the idea of no clue what's coming up.  I think this storyline will either pull Beth back into the group (with some others looking to escape so that the group replenishes who they've lost recently) OR kills her off to give Maggie some angst about not being there when Beth was found and going off to Washington instead

« Reply #754 on: November 07, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I am intrigued and annoyed with the new dystopian group that has been introduced. We've already gone through 2 of these societies led by a wacky leader who thinks he is doing right.

However the show has been so good about keeping the societies different. Pulling the story back into a city is intriguing. If this section isn't in the comics then i am extra interested in seeing the writing team flex their muscles with some original content. This section is helping to further give Beth more depth as a character. Plus the evils of humankind are what keeps a zombie apocalypse story going forward.

I am very curious to see who Daryl has with him back at the church.

I have no idea what to expect. The scenes we have seen suggests that Daryl is reluctant, unhappy about who he has brought back to the group. Yet he does have his weapon. meanwhile Carrol looks unconscious. I am assuming she can't fake being unconscious. The writers could bait and switch us here. I am looking forward to the next episode!

« Reply #755 on: November 14, 2014, 09:16:43 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Here's a leaked preview of this week's episode:

« Reply #756 on: November 14, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Here's a leaked preview of this week's episode:

Love it -- TP

« Reply #757 on: November 14, 2014, 09:28:06 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I am intrigued and annoyed with the new dystopian group that has been introduced. We've already gone through 2 of these societies led by a wacky leader who thinks he is doing right.

However the show has been so good about keeping the societies different. Pulling the story back into a city is intriguing. If this section isn't in the comics then i am extra interested in seeing the writing team flex their muscles with some original content. This section is helping to further give Beth more depth as a character. Plus the evils of humankind are what keeps a zombie apocalypse story going forward.

I actually think this has been a bit of a retread, which is disappointing. The only reason I watch the Walking Dead is because, as a creative exercise, it's a fairly difficult proposition -- how do you keep the Zombie Apocalypse/Collapse of Human Civilization type thing interesting over five seasons? That's the reason you typically see it in the film format: you can get in, say what you want, and get out in two hours, without having to consider a longer story arc, which can be problematic.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #758 on: November 14, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

My money is on Morgan or Noah.

« Reply #759 on: November 14, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

Yeah i am thinking Noah.

« Reply #760 on: November 14, 2014, 10:43:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Yeah i am thinking Noah.

Gotta be Noah

« Reply #761 on: November 18, 2014, 03:43:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Yeah i am thinking Noah.

Gotta be Noah
leaning that way myself after seeing the latest episode.  definitely setting up for a major confrontation to get Carol and Beth back.

« Reply #762 on: November 18, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So next week is when they bust into the governor's spot to rescue Andrea and Micchione, right?

Oh. Wait.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #763 on: November 18, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
So next week is when they bust into the governor's spot to rescue Andrea and Micchione, right?

Oh. Wait.
now, now, let's not start implying that the Walking Dead refers to the writers recycling storylines. 

« Reply #764 on: November 18, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
That last episode was pretty dull and predictable. It sure was easy to maneuver around the city.

It's too bad since the episode also featured 2 of my favorite characters. Nonetheless looking forward to the next episode so that we can get some drama and tension back into the story.