Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359344 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #690 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:36 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The walking dead is relatively easy to run into the ground as characters can be believably killed off if an actor wants out.

Also for anyone interested these are the direct scenes from the comic from last night  :)
NSFW because of language/violence.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7032/6479453615_482f15999b_b.jpg

And then the ending line.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/ErokDragun/comic%20related/WalkingDead64023.jpg

Looks so much better in context! (Also I'm not sure about forum policy on linking to something with swears/violence. If it's against the rules I'll remove the links)

« Reply #691 on: March 31, 2014, 12:30:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/ErokDragun/comic%20related/WalkingDead64023.jpg

Looks so much better in context! (Also I'm not sure about forum policy on linking to something with swears/violence. If it's against the rules I'll remove the links)

I heard Terminus isn't in the comics at all - if so, who's Rick talking about there?

Also I'm so glad the show wasn't dumb enough to have Rick's hand cut off.  At least not yet.

« Reply #692 on: March 31, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #693 on: March 31, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

I heard Terminus isn't in the comics at all - if so, who's Rick talking about there?

Also I'm so glad the show wasn't dumb enough to have Rick's hand cut off.  At least not yet.

SPOILERS up to current date with the show

Rick is talking about "The Hunters" there which are what the people in Terminus are. The hunters were a group of people who hunted people with bows and guns and were cannibals. The people in Terminus are a spin on the hunters in that while they don't hunt with weapons or by force, they lure people into their trap. It's more or less the show taking a different spin on things which I think is awesome because even comic nerds like me have no idea exactly what will happen.

Also yeah in the books, the Governor cuts Rick's hand off but I doubt this will happen in the show. Robert Kirkman has said he regrets doing that in the comics, so the show kind of gives him a chance to change that.

« Reply #694 on: March 31, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The walking dead is relatively easy to run into the ground as characters can be believably killed off if an actor wants out.

Also for anyone interested these are the direct scenes from the comic from last night  :)
NSFW because of language/violence.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7032/6479453615_482f15999b_b.jpg

TP. Thanks for the links. I should really check out the comic sometime. Although at this point i am invested in the show and don't want to know what is coming next.

Bring on the next season!

As an aside...
I normally am not too into time filling flashbacks, but i kinda dug the farming angle with Hershel. It puts a bow on Rick's transformation from civilized "softness" to an all out survivor, capable of being a monstrous killer.

« Reply #695 on: March 31, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I should really check out the comic sometime.

You definitely should.  As crazy and brutal as some of the scenes have been on the show, they don't even go near some of the stuff from the comic.  It's interesting to compare some of the characters between the two, as well.  Tyrese and Andrea, in particular, are much cooler / more likeable in the comic.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #696 on: March 31, 2014, 04:09:13 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

You definitely should.  As crazy and brutal as some of the scenes have been on the show, they don't even go near some of the stuff from the comic.  It's interesting to compare some of the characters between the two, as well.  Tyrese and Andrea, in particular, are much cooler / more likeable in the comic.

cool. Any idea what issue we are up to by now? ...i might have to get the big compilation issues and do some catching up.

« Reply #697 on: March 31, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

cool. Any idea what issue we are up to by now? ...i might have to get the big compilation issues and do some catching up.

125, I think.

I'd start with buying Compendium #1.   Link

It's the first 48 issues.  Compendium #2 is out, as well. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #698 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Rick biting that dudes neck off was jaw dropping.

Did not see that coming, but he scene with hi sitting in front of the truck with blood all over his face was pretty scary.  Like he had just completely lost his mind, but then finally realized what he really would have to do to survive.

Now, you don't just have to watch out for zombies bites, you gotta watch out for that crazy sonofabiscuit, Rick.

« Reply #699 on: March 31, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Rick biting that dudes neck off was jaw dropping.

Did not see that coming, but he scene with hi sitting in front of the truck with blood all over his face was pretty scary.  Like he had just completely lost his mind, but then finally realized what he really would have to do to survive.

Now, you don't just have to watch out for zombies bites, you gotta watch out for that crazy sonofabiscuit, Rick.

Yeah Rick went  primal in that scene. It was all about saving his friends and his boy from what I took looked like it was starting to get  a little Deliverance like.

Rick as transformed back to Leader Rick and new and improved. Rick 2.0!

I loved that line that Rick said at the end about how the they knew something that they didn't, and that was not to Mess (not sure if i can say exact word on CB) with this group.

Next season should be really good!

« Reply #700 on: October 12, 2014, 10:21:42 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

That was a FANTASTIC episode, IMO ... loved it!!

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #701 on: October 12, 2014, 10:37:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
One of the best yet.  I like Merrill chained to the roof show best   ;D

That hippy cannibal dude escaped with his life it seemed....sure well be seeing his sick self again

« Reply #702 on: October 12, 2014, 10:56:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
overall it's a good episode. Got kind of teary when RIck reunited with Judith and everyone. Now I am interested at the ending? Did the comic end by any chance? Did they ever reach DC? What happens in DC?

« Reply #703 on: October 13, 2014, 01:05:06 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Best ep...

Loved how brotha man took out all the zombies round that cabin then came back and took that fool out..

« Reply #704 on: October 13, 2014, 02:34:03 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
yeah really good ep.  i was surprised that the terminus arch was over in one show.  but I guess the main bad guy garrett(sp?) is still out there.