Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356464 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #435 on: March 10, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Please tell me Rick isn't that stupid ... to think that the Gov will stop at Michonne, and be giving up one of his best fighters in the process.

It's worth the time for the Gov, though, if he can get them to hand over Michonne like that, know that they're one more person short when he goes to finish the job.

If Rick falls for it then he deserves getting capped ... that would surpass even Andrea's stupidity, (can't believe he's considering it, actually, though it makes for good story).

You have to understand rick is extremely desperate right now. He doesn't have many options that will end well for him and his team. This seems like the only way out to him. Even if its not a guarantee, it could be his only option if he and his friends want to live.

The other option is just go to war. Between that and giving up someone you don't even care for all like that.........just playing devils advocate. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

« Reply #436 on: March 10, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
So I watched this show and imho, this is even more awful than the Kardashians, which I thought was impossible. Wow. Easily the absolutely most intolerable garbage I have ever watched in my life

If you just watched it for the first time then obviously you won't like it because you have no idea what's going on. I didn't like it either at first because I had no idea what was going on. Then I started from episode one and watched it in order and I love it now.

« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2013, 10:24:25 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
So I watched this show and imho, this is even more awful than the Kardashians, which I thought was impossible. Wow. Easily the absolutely most intolerable garbage I have ever watched in my life

If you just watched it for the first time then obviously you won't like it because you have no idea what's going on. I didn't like it either at first because I had no idea what was going on. Then I started from episode one and watched it in order and I love it now.
And what does that teach his son about character?

No, I can't imagine Rick would loosen his grasp that much on always taking the high road in his son's eyes, especially now that he has a connection with her, ("I think she's one of us.") ... at least I hope not. ;)

That's been the one consistent thing that sets this group apart from the rest, their efforts to retain their humanity.

The ads for next week have the Gov chasing someone after leaving the town, (must be his "assistant" taking the high road to warn the prison group about the slaughter coming, even if they turn over Michonne), and someone inside his group trying to sabotage his plans, (gotta be Andrea).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

No, I can't imagine Rick would loosen his grasp that much on always taking the high road in his son's eyes, especially now that he has a connection with her, ("I think she's one of us.") ... at least I hope not. ;)

That's been the one consistent thing that sets this group apart from the rest, their efforts to retain their humanity.

The ads for next week have the Gov chasing someone after leaving the town, (must be his "assistant" taking the high road to warn the prison group about the slaughter coming, even if they turn over Michonne), and someone inside his group trying to sabotage his plans, (gotta be Andrea).

He might not have a son if he doesn't quickly find a way to get through this. I don't think he will give her up but I can't get mad at him for entertaining the idea.

« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
meh
Yup

« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2013, 10:38:15 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

He might not have a son if he doesn't quickly find a way to get through this. I don't think he will give her up but I can't get mad at him for entertaining the idea.
Yeah, I hear ya ... just hope it's not carried through.

This episode was a bit anti-climactic ... I think they could've shortened the whole "meeting" thing a bit for a little more action/tension building.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
meh

I agree.

I guess this is what they meant when rumors surfaced that they ran out of material towards the end of the season...

3 Episodes left, Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. will hit the fan soon enough though.

« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2013, 12:07:51 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
I think the whole meeting between rick and the gov. was a dumb idea plot wise.  I don't know how I am supposed to believe that Rick would actually sit down at the table with the gov after he attacked the prison.  It doesn't make sense to me.  Why would he ever trust anything the gov would say after the attack?

« Reply #444 on: March 11, 2013, 12:15:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think the whole meeting between rick and the gov. was a dumb idea plot wise.  I don't know how I am supposed to believe that Rick would actually sit down at the table with the gov after he attacked the prison. It doesn't make sense to me.  Why would he ever trust anything the gov would say after the attack?
Yeah, and if he did, why wouldn't he just cap this guy and end the whole thing? There's much of this show that is beyond plausible, but I guess that's television, eh? ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #445 on: March 11, 2013, 12:40:48 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Terrible episode. Trying to get fancy pants and win awards.

The Sopranos would throw an episode in like this - Chris and Tony chasing the Russian in the woods - but it would be a once or twice a year thing (when the show was good.) And they gave you a lot of action around it. This was a key plot episode - should only have been half the episode. They have a new born baby - make the baby get sick and the prison peeps have to deal with going on a run as half the episode. The whole "Merle is out of control thing" is lame. Although his brotherly concerns foreshadows Darryl's death IMO.

« Reply #446 on: March 11, 2013, 06:08:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is setting the table for the finales.  There are only like three more episodes right?

« Reply #447 on: March 11, 2013, 06:30:58 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Terrible episode. Trying to get fancy pants and win awards.

The Sopranos would throw an episode in like this - Chris and Tony chasing the Russian in the woods - but it would be a once or twice a year thing (when the show was good.) And they gave you a lot of action around it. This was a key plot episode - should only have been half the episode. They have a new born baby - make the baby get sick and the prison peeps have to deal with going on a run as half the episode. The whole "Merle is out of control thing" is lame. Although his brotherly concerns foreshadows Darryl's death IMO.

Meh, everyone's a critic.

« Reply #448 on: March 15, 2013, 11:23:45 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Some little clues from (Executive Producer) Robert Kirkman on upcoming episodes ... not really big spoilers, but you may choose to not read:

1) Rick has been scared straight: Rick's journey to Crazytown took a detour when he came across an even crazier Morgan, "He sees this fun house there - who he could eventually be if he keeps going down this path," says Kirkman. "He could have a relapse, but he is getting a handle on what is going on with him."

2) Andrea becomes the key player: "The rest of the season really is about what Andrea is doing," says Kirkman. "The fact that she wasn't able to kill the Governor is going to play into a lot of the upcoming story for the rest of the season."

3) More deaths are around the corner: Says Kirkman: "I'm afraid there may be a casualty or more still to be experienced by the end of the season." Gulp.

4) The endgame is near: "There is a resolution" to the Rick-Governor conflict, promises Kirkman. "And it will set things up nicely for season four."

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #449 on: March 16, 2013, 07:56:01 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

2) Andrea becomes the key player: "The rest of the season really is about what Andrea is doing," says Kirkman. "The fact that she wasn't able to kill the Governor is going to play into a lot of the upcoming story for the rest of the season."

Predictable, but it's sad that there's so much emphasis on a weak character.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes