Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 356471 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #360 on: December 02, 2012, 11:26:30 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

So the Gov makes Daryl and Merle fight to the death in the "arena", I'm thinking, tho at least Daryl will survive, (he's in the previews for the second half of the season, I think Andrea saves him somehow), thankfully, (def one of my favorite characters).

Interesting that they added a whole new group, as new characters are usually added one at-a-time, but it makes sense, as there can't be many people who survive on their own for long.

Really bummed that they got rid of Oscar so soon, as he was the voice of sanity and humanity, and bummed that Michonne didn't get to kill the Governor ... just really wanna see that guy gone, (despite his role as catalyst/antagonist).

Completely stinks that the next show isn't until February ... what happened to the "school schedule" television series schedules? (The good ol' days, I guess).

You know the Gov will now be on a mission for Michonne, as that's developing into the number one confrontational element ... hope Michonee gets to do the "Kill Bill" thing on him eventually.

I was going to start reading the comics, but I think it's more enjoyable this way for now, and I'll do that after this ends, (don't have the spare time to read anything right now anyway).

I guess, (from hints they dropped), that Tyreese will be a major role, so that's something to look forward to ... like his whole energy.

Worried about Rick's decreasing role and transition into his own rather insane world, (his son, too) ... I would have trouble staying interested if he was killed off or made impotent in his role.

Wondering where Carl will end up emotionally, though he promised his mom he'd stay on the good side, and he's got his little sister to take care of, (that whole thing seems to indicate a decreased role for Rick, too ... really hope that doesn't happen, as he is the core of this whole story, IMO.

Andrea is a totally gullible sap, to the point that I don't care much anymore what happens to her. Seems her emotional needs easily overcame her common sense and intelligence ... go figure.

Great episode ... come on, Sunday, February 10, 9PM!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:11:55 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #361 on: December 02, 2012, 11:59:38 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

So the Gov makes Daryl and Merle fight to the death in the "arena", I'm thinking, tho at least Daryl will survive, (he's in the previews for the second half of the season, I think Andrea saves him somehow), thankfully, (def one of my favorite characters).

Interesting that they added a whole new group, as new characters are usually added one at-a-time, but it makes sense, as there can't be many people who survive on their own for long.

Really bummed that they got rid of Oscar so soon, as he was the voice of sanity and humanity, and bummed that Michonne didn't get to kill the Governor ... just really wanna see that guy gone, (despite his role as catalyst/antagonist).

Completely stinks that the next show isn't until February ... what happened to the "school schedule" television series schedules? (The good ol' days, I guess).

You know the Gov will now be on a mission for Michonne, as that's developing into the number one confrontational element ... hope Michonee gets to do the "Kill Bill" thing on him eventually.

I was going to start reading the comics, but I think it's more enjoyable this way for now, and I'll do that after this ends, (don't have the spare time to read anything right now anyway).

I guess, (from hints they dropped), that Tyreese will be a major role, so that's something to look forward to ... like his whole energy.

Worried about Rick's decreasing role and transition into his own rather insane world, (his son, too) ... I would have trouble staying interested if he was killed off or made impotent in his role.

Wondering where Carl will end up emotionally, though he promised his mom hed stay on the good side, and he's got his little sister to take care of, (that whole thing seems to indicate a decreased role for Rick, too ... really hoex that doesn't happen, as he is the core of this whole story, IMO.

Andrea is a totally gullible sap, to the point that I don't care much anymore what happens to her. Seems her emotional needs easily overcame her common sense and intelligence ... go figure.

Good thinking with the arena bit. From the episode nine preview, though you see the Govnah meandering around amongst smoke in the same general area as when this episode ended.

I'm guessing since Rick and friends still haven't left the general area of the town, they go back for Daryl. Michonne kind of alludes to this, too. They'll go run in and start throwing some left over smoke grenades and rescue Daryl... And now I'm guessing Rick won't allow himself to leave Merle chained to a post again and ends up saving him as well.

That seems like a good possibility. I'd create a ton of tension and dynamics from interactions Merle has with Officer Friendly, Glenn and Tyrese.

Not sure if Merle will last too long with Rick's group, though.

And Andrea can fall off a cliff. I have never hated a fictional character so much.

« Reply #362 on: December 03, 2012, 12:15:22 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Wondering where Carl will end up emotionally, though he promised his mom hed stay on the good side, and he's got his little sister to take care of, (that whole thing seems to indicate a decreased role for Rick, too ... really hoex that doesn't happen, as he is the core of this whole story, IMO.

Good thinking with the arena bit. From the episode nine preview, though you see the Govnah meandering around amongst smoke in the same general area as when this episode ended.

I'm guessing since Rick and friends still haven't left the general area of the town, they go back for Daryl. Michonne kind of alludes to this, too. They'll go run in and start throwing some left over smoke grenades and rescue Daryl... And now I'm guessing Rick won't allow himself to leave Merle chained to a post again and ends up saving him as well.

That seems like a good possibility. I'd create a ton of tension and dynamics from interactions Merle has with Officer Friendly, Glenn and Tyrese.

Not sure if Merle will last too long with Rick's group, though.

And Andrea can fall off a cliff. I have never hated a fictional character so much.
Yeah, I mean she totally blows off the woman who saved her life and protected her for months for a chance to do the girly thang with that sleazebag Gov? She deserves to be biter-bait at this point.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #363 on: February 07, 2013, 01:23:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Finally, the second half of the season starts this Sunday ... these mid-season breaks are horrible. Used to be a TV show lasted from early fall to late spring ... I know they're trying to crank up interest, but I really dislike these schedules. Can't wait for Sunday.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #364 on: February 07, 2013, 08:01:57 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
They're going to replay the last season-and-a-half of epiosdes leading up to part two as well. Shoulda be gooda!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #365 on: February 07, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
after american horror story
im ready for the walking dead

« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2013, 06:49:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

** Tonight at 9P ... the game should be over just in time. Looking forward to it! **

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2013, 07:53:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
No TV til Friday  >:( >:( >:(
Yup

« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Tablesetter episode.
Yup

« Reply #369 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:14 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Yeah, kind of a let down after the mid season finale show.  I guess we will get some more action after the Gov decides to attack the group.

« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
thought this thread was about the Cs frontcourt against Byron Mullens......sad :(

« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Tablesetter episode.

I was pretty bored.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The black and white version starts tonight at 630P, (I think with episode one, (season one) ... can't watch it myself, but this is a series that should lend itself to this format. I hope Sunday's episode is better than the part two premiere ... just setting things up, I know, but I expected it to be a bit more edgy.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #373 on: February 23, 2013, 09:44:13 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The only incongruous thing about this show that really bugs me is Andrea, (and I really like Laurie Holden as an acress, by the way) ... they try to portray her as an intelligent woman, and yet her character has GOT to be the most idiotic, gullible, naive' person in the history of this show.

I mean, she's seen what a sick, unscrupulous, piece-of-crap human being the Governor is first-hand, knows what he's done to the people who spent months and months protecting and taking care of her, has seen the horrific heads in tanks and brutal gladiator-type zombie entertainment he's provided for "family entertainment", and yet she's staying by his side and selling out her true family for these people she hardly knows because she did the horizontal mambo with this sicko?!?

It just makes no sense and carries no weight in my mind, and is the one relationship/situation that holds no water in the light of day. I hope they do something to define her character's id a bit more, or (in the name of heaven) puit her out of her misery. Her character is weak, the relationship is weak, her role is weak, and at this point it carries very little importance to what's taking place, other than to keep stretching the boundaries of believability and ignorance.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #374 on: February 23, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Does anyone else think that the person driving the van full of zombies could be Andrea, proving her loyalty to the Gov?

It didn't really make sense to me at first, but when the Governor sees the van coming he's a bit surprised, and whoever it is runs and moves like a woman, and they purposely cover the person's entire face, clothes, and body.

* BAHKU MUSIC *