Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 358711 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
after watchin it again

this ep is the most ive heard this brotha talk in awhile
he prolly next to get dun in and im surprised he lasted this long...

man.. LoL...what me n the ol lady was say n last night. bro's usually all get in feed to monsters by now... thinks T will hang for a while yet...

« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
after watchin it again

man.. LoL...what me n the ol lady was say n last night. bro's usually all get in feed to monsters by now... thinks T will hang for a while yet...

it defies conventional wisdom but I'd be willing to bet money that my man Glen is getting offed before T-Dog.  T-Dog has been so generic and useless the entire series I wanted him dead the whole first season (mainly because dudes name is "T-Dog"), but he's made it this far I'm hoping we get some back story on him.  But unfortunately I just have a feeling Glen is going to sacrifice himself for the good of the group and/or Maggie, he has a woman that loves him now so that means he'll almost have to die at some point.

I personally hope Andrea is knocked off next week, she's annoyed me from jump.

« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I almost cheered when Dale spilled his guts, but watching Shane get put down was tough.  Darryl is the last of the Mohicans as far as I'm concerned: tired of Rick vacillating between effete peacenik and stone-cold killer.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2012, 07:19:04 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I almost cheered when Dale spilled his guts, but watching Shane get put down was tough.  Darryl is the last of the Mohicans as far as I'm concerned: tired of Rick vacillating between effete peacenik and stone-cold killer.

Darryl is clearly my favorite character in the show, which is weird because his character didn't even exist in the comics. Curious to see what they do with him.

« Reply #259 on: March 12, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
bet money that my man Glen is getting offed before T-Dog.  T-Dog has been so generic and useless the entire series I wanted him dead the whole first season (mainly because dudes name is "T-Dog"), but he's made it this far I'm hoping we get some back story on him. 

Not that they have followed the comics but Glen and Maggie got married in the comics.

« Reply #260 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
after watchin it again

His character is so disappointing, especially since in the comics, the character who presumably inspired him (Tyrese) is maybe the most bad ass guy in the original group.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #261 on: March 12, 2012, 09:19:41 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Carl needs to get feasted on by a horde of zombies.

I hate that kid so much.

I keep thinking this thread is about the celtics' big man rotation.  ;D

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #262 on: March 12, 2012, 09:55:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Darryl = Tyrese I think.  In a sense he performs the same role.  Zombie killing machine!

« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

I hate that kid so much.

It astonishes me that he can walks out in the woods in the middle of the night...in a zombie apocalypse, without supervision.

« Reply #264 on: March 12, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I hate that kid so much.

It astonishes me that he can walks out in the woods in the middle of the night...in a zombie apocalypse, without supervision.
kids these days...
Yup

« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
My concern over the Shane/Rick stand-off is that Shane led Rick all the way through the forest and into a field within eyesight of the farmhouse.  Why would Shane bring him all the way back within view of the farmhouse to shoot him?  Wouldn't shooting him in the woods be better, especially if his lie was going to be that the escaped prisoner got the drop on them and shot him?

-- snip ---
Taking this first point alone: I think Shane pulled the old suicide by cop routine. He didn't want to kill Rick. He had crossed too many lines to stay in the group, but he knew he had to kill the kid, he couldn't let him get back to his 30 man militia. So he forces Rick to kill him.

« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My concern over the Shane/Rick stand-off is that Shane led Rick all the way through the forest and into a field within eyesight of the farmhouse.  Why would Shane bring him all the way back within view of the farmhouse to shoot him?  Wouldn't shooting him in the woods be better, especially if his lie was going to be that the escaped prisoner got the drop on them and shot him?

-- snip ---
Taking this first point alone: I think Shane pulled the old suicide by cop routine. He didn't want to kill Rick. He had crossed too many lines to stay in the group, but he knew he had to kill the kid, he couldn't let him get back to his 30 man militia. So he forces Rick to kill him.

Yeah, Shane switched pretty fast from "I'm going to kill you" to putting his gun away, challenging Rick to kill him, and telling him off about his family.  He seemed pretty torn. 

Also thought it was interesting that there was a quick "zombie flash" when Shane saw Randall had tried to break out of his cuffs.  It seems like they're implying that not only is everyone infected with the zombie virus, but that it can affect them even when alive.  Which would explain a LOT about the characters' actions.

« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Darryl is clearly my favorite character in the show, which is weird because his character didn't even exist in the comics. Curious to see what they do with him.

I am expecting them to keep him around into next season when they hopefully re-introduce Merle, sans one hand, as part of the Governor's crew.

Everyone knows the first episode of next season is titled 'The Governor', right?  I don't want to issue any spoilers here.

If Merle is indeed a part of the Governor's crew, then it will add an interesting quandary for Darryl's character.  Does Darryl revert to being like his brother, joining the Governor's crew, or does Darryl stick up for his his group and continue to protect Rick, Carol, etc?

Either way, I think Darryl will eventually meet a violent death.  I can only hope that it's an altruistic one.

« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Shane did not suicide I think.  He viewed himself a harder and better man than Rick and wanted to prove he could beat him.  Rick knife thing was a trick that he didn't see coming.  He watched the gun and didn't see the knife.  Actually inside of 21 feet statistic state the knife is deadlier than a gun but most do not know that.  Shane was a jerk who happened to be a good survivor there was nothing noble in his acts.  Everything was able Shane in the end and getting Lori's love.

« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Rick...snookered Shane....BIG TIME  ;D....Shane had the draw on Rick and Shane was clearly "quite mad" . Rick had to kill him and not get killed himself in the process.

Shane failed to kill Rick , had tons of opportunity , he choose his timming poorly, and should have shot Rick in the back of the head walking though the woods.  I think Shane wanted to prove once and for all he was the better man with a final fight and never suspected Rick would sucker him in .

Gonna miss Shane and his antics , he kept the intensity high all the time... never a dull moment with Shane.  Always the trouble maker....  Although Ricks wife is a close 2nd......she was the one that pushed Shane into being a looney toon.

Here is to hoping Lori becomes WALKER HASH .