Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 358970 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2012, 04:22:23 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
this one was a trip

« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2012, 04:48:51 AM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
The evolution of The Walker  :o

« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2012, 07:13:11 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
the instomatic walker
Yup

« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

T-Dawg looks like Antoine. ;D

« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
after watchin it again

this ep is the most ive heard this brotha talk in awhile
he prolly next to get dun in and im surprised he lasted this long...

« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
The show has certainly improved in the past few weeks. More action and quicker pacing.

The new directer is definitely a part of that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm confused as to why shane and the prisoner turned to walkers despite not being bitten or scratched by walkers. Yet when they shot the dudes in the bar they  didn't turn.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm confused as to why shane and the prisoner turned to walkers despite not being bitten or scratched by walkers. Yet when they shot the dudes in the bar they  didn't turn.
I think that was the whole point of those flashes Shane had after dying. 

« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17

I think tt could be due to blood mixing with walkers from the knives.  Randall was cut by Daryl with the same knife he's killed walkers with in the farm house when he was pseudo torturing him, and Shane was killed by a knife used prior on walkers.

Its either that or its gonna come to light that the sickness is airborne.

So long as my man Glen doesn't get offed, I'm good  ;D

« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think the "disease" is in everyone - so everyone who dies will become a walker. Rick head tapped the Philly boys in the bar I think - hence no walking.

My best guess is the show's theory of the disease is: a bite or scratch will infect you and kill you, but the airborne version will only infect you and lay dormant.

Makes the whole idea of dealing with things that much harder.

« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I'm confused as to why shane and the prisoner turned to walkers despite not being bitten or scratched by walkers. Yet when they shot the dudes in the bar they  didn't turn.

I think tt could be due to blood mixing with walkers from the knives.  Randall was cut by Daryl with the same knife he's killed walkers with in the farm house when he was pseudo torturing him, and Shane was killed by a knife used prior on walkers.

Its either that or its gonna come to light that the sickness is airborne.

So long as my man Glen doesn't get offed, I'm good  ;D

My thought was that now anyone who dies for any reason now becomes a walker.

I gotta say tho i really gotta stay away from this thread, too many spoilers. I found out after looking at this thread that Shane was going to die and i wasn't pleased.

Shane and Darryl are the only two who i particularly like in that group.  I'm p---ed.  Shane-o-matic was the only thing keeping those fools alive.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2012, 04:37:37 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38

During the bar scene, Rick shot both in the head.  It wasn't made abundantly clear, and Rick made no mention of it, but if you paid close attention you'd notice.  The first guy he shot directly in the head.  The second guy he shot twice in the chest and then walked up and shot him in the head, very deliberately.  And, when Rick stabbed Shane (which was done to not attract attention), he waited near him, seemingly to watch to see if he'd turn.  When Carl showed up, Rick got distracted, but didn't seem surprised to see Shane get up and get shot.

The comics are very clear in showing that everyone who dies, turns, regardless of how they died. 

My belief is that this fact is one likely remaining possibility for what Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick during the final episode of Season 1, prior to the group leaving the CDC.

At first, I thought Dr. Jenner told him that the military base - Fort Benning - was completely wiped out, but Rick still seems to want to go there, so that can't be it.  Second, I thought that Dr. Jenner told Rick that Lori was pregnant, but Rick was genuinely shocked to find out, so that can't be it either.  Rick continues to hold out hope that they'll all survive this mess, so Dr. Jenner couldn't have told him that there is absolutely no cure and everyone will eventually die.

For better or worse, the 'everyone who dies, turns' idea is here to stay.

« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
My concern over the Shane/Rick stand-off is that Shane led Rick all the way through the forest and into a field within eyesight of the farmhouse.  Why would Shane bring him all the way back within view of the farmhouse to shoot him?  Wouldn't shooting him in the woods be better, especially if his lie was going to be that the escaped prisoner got the drop on them and shot him?

Also, how in the hell does Carl keep sneaking off without being seen by someone?  He's the only child present and you'd think someone would keep an eye on him.  He repeatedly sneaks away and no one seems to notice.  Too much of the recent narrative results from Carl sneaking away and then getting involved in something.

Finally, other than for the sake of rounding out the season, there is no reason for why the local walkers waited until Carl's shooting of Shane to mobilize and move toward the farmhouse.  This group has been shooting target practice, arguing, driving cars, doing construction, screaming at the top of their lungs, and walking around in the open for weeks.  Only now do the walkers move in???  It's much the same as the cattle situation.  I leaned over to my fiancee weeks ago and said the cattle were basically a smorgasbord for the walkers.  But, it took the walkers a few weeks to figure this out.  Now, they're eating cattle left and right.

In my opinion, the group has been too cavalier about the walkers all season long.  Still sleeping in tents with one old man on lookout all night...  Walking around and shouting.  Fighting and driving cars everywhere.  Firing target practice within eyesight of the farmhouse...  It's about time the walkers came.

Share your thoughts.

« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2012, 05:00:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
My concern over the Shane/Rick stand-off is that Shane led Rick all the way through the forest and into a field within eyesight of the farmhouse.  Why would Shane bring him all the way back within view of the farmhouse to shoot him?  Wouldn't shooting him in the woods be better, especially if his lie was going to be that the escaped prisoner got the drop on them and shot him?

Also, how in the hell does Carl keep sneaking off without being seen by someone?  He's the only child present and you'd think someone would keep an eye on him.  He repeatedly sneaks away and no one seems to notice.  Too much of the recent narrative results from Carl sneaking away and then getting involved in something.

Finally, other than for the sake of rounding out the season, there is no reason for why the local walkers waited until Carl's shooting of Shane to mobilize and move toward the farmhouse.  This group has been shooting target practice, arguing, driving cars, doing construction, screaming at the top of their lungs, and walking around in the open for weeks.  Only now do the walkers move in???  It's much the same as the cattle situation.  I leaned over to my fiancee weeks ago and said the cattle were basically a smorgasbord for the walkers.  But, it took the walkers a few weeks to figure this out.  Now, they're eating cattle left and right.
In my opinion, the group has been too cavalier about the walkers all season long.  Still sleeping in tents with one old man on lookout all night...  Walking around and shouting.  Fighting and driving cars everywhere.  Firing target practice within eyesight of the farmhouse...  It's about time the walkers came.

Share your thoughts.

Didn't they mention last night that the creek was drying up which was leading to more walkers showing up? It had been acting as a natural barrier.

That's why they started moving into the house.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Hahahahaha - just happened across this:

WARNING WARNING WARNING - Graphic images and lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPNuV2kPzBw

"PC loadletter? What the <bleep> does that mean?"  ;D

Good episode last night - I knew Shane was on his way out as soon as Lori apologized to him - you don't want another main character clearing their conscience on you in a zombie show.  Really liked how they handled the whole buildup and confrontation, though.

Thoughts on who doesn't make it out next week?  Hershel and just about all the farm folk except Maggie seem like logical choices.  Carol's another good candidate.  Hoping they keep T-Dogg around so he can actually be a character again for a minute before he dies, but that wouldn't surprise me either.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:17:05 PM by fairweatherfan »