Author Topic: Breaking Bad movie: good or bad idea.  (Read 2715 times)

Breaking Bad movie: good or bad idea.
« on: July 15, 2019, 04:27:18 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
From what I remember from back in the day there are a good amount of breaking bad fans on here. Last November it was confirmed that creator Vince Gillian was writing a spinoff movie based on the show, and filming began in NM in February. Many fans believe the ending of the series was too poetic to be tinkered with. Where do you guys stand?

*SPOILERS*

Personally I am incredibly excited to see the revival of Jesses character and where the writers are going to take his characters story post escape from the neo nazi compound. In terms of Walt, I thought his ending was perfect and shouldn’t be messed with, even though many fans are theorizing that his character is not really dead.

The movie should be hitting Netflix sometime in 2020 after 7 years of the show being off the air.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 04:41:57 PM by perks-a-beast »

Re: Breaking Bad movie: good or bad idea.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 04:49:10 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
agree
jesse could have a whole series to himself and it'd be cool. movie should still be fun but im worried will be not enough. overall totally excited :)

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 05:00:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Never watch the show
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 05:01:08 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It's a very good idea for Breaking Bad fans.  The series ended perfectly but if you really liked the show you want more.  It won't ruin anything.  A bad movie in the Rocky series didn't tarnish the good movies in the series.  Jordan on Washington didn't change how we remember his time on the Bulls.  I want to see this movie.  The last I heard Gilligan hadn't decided if Walt will have a cameo in a flashback or something.  He didn't imply that Walt isn't dead.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Can't be worse than the Sex and the City movies, LOL.

I loved Breaking Bad, and so long as they don't try to revive Walt White in flashbacks, would be happy to see what they came up with.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 05:44:48 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I think it's a bad idea. For two reasons:

1. The desire for a successor of Breaking Bad might be there, but there's really no need. All storylines came to an end. Great finish of a series (in contrast to some others  ::))

2. A movie isn't suitable for the tempo of Breaking Bad. How good of a plot they can come up with, it will probably always feel rushed and incomplete in comparison to the original series.

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 05:51:49 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Fun fact i only watch TV when Celtics are on or someone is talking about Celtics.

Also fun fact I don't allow anyone to talk about any TV shows or movies around me in case one day I decide to see it. 🤣

Sad fact I don't have any friends 🥺
ok fine

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 07:06:34 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
I’d probably be OK with it but in a way I like the way it ended with Jesse escaping — felt hopeful.  Undoubtedly a revival would probably mean Jesse relapses into something bad.  I think I’d prefer thinking he generally got his life together.   But in terms of characters, Jesse and Saul are hard not to watch.  I actually can’t quite recall how Saul ended in the series.  He’s brilliant in the prequel.

Also not a huge fan of the flashback.  Hope they don’t rely on Walt flashbacks.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 08:24:37 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290
I’d probably be OK with it but in a way I like the way it ended with Jesse escaping — felt hopeful.  Undoubtedly a revival would probably mean Jesse relapses into something bad.  I think I’d prefer thinking he generally got his life together.   But in terms of characters, Jesse and Saul are hard not to watch.  I actually can’t quite recall how Saul ended in the series.  He’s brilliant in the prequel.

You can't remember how Saul ended up in Breaking Bad? The entire prequel (which is great) is a flashback as he is living his life post-Breaking Bad lol.

Hard to see how a movie would work, but I didn't see how Better Call Saul would work either, and I think it's probably an even better show than its predecessor.

I just watched Breaking Bad again this spring and it wasn't quite as good as I remembered. It felt rushed, whereas the first time through was more dramatic. But I always remembered accepting that Walt [spoiler] in the end. Watching it again, there's absolutely zero definitive indication that Walt [spoiler]. More open-ended than I remembered.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 10:30:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think it's a bad idea. For two reasons:

1. The desire for a successor of Breaking Bad might be there, but there's really no need. All storylines came to an end. Great finish of a series (in contrast to some others  ::))

2. A movie isn't suitable for the tempo of Breaking Bad. How good of a plot they can come up with, it will probably always feel rushed and incomplete in comparison to the original series.
#2 is a very good point.  The flow might seem very rushed in a movie.  Can't spend an entire hour of a 2 hour movie about a fly in the lab like they did in the series.

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 12:00:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I just watched Breaking Bad again this spring and it wasn't quite as good as I remembered.

I liked the show and it was good but I thought it was over rated when I watched it.

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 06:38:34 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501

You can't remember how Saul ended up in Breaking Bad? The entire prequel (which is great) is a flashback as he is living his life post-Breaking Bad lol.

Hard to see how a movie would work, but I didn't see how Better Call Saul would work either, and I think it's probably an even better show than its predecessor.

I just watched Breaking Bad again this spring and it wasn't quite as good as I remembered. It felt rushed, whereas the first time through was more dramatic. But I always remembered accepting that Walt [spoiler] in the end. Watching it again, there's absolutely zero definitive indication that Walt [spoiler]. More open-ended than I remembered.

I think you misinterpreted my point about Saul.  What I was saying was how Saul ended his role in the Breaking Bad series... what happened to the character in the end.  I don't think he dies (I think he tool off), but I couldn't remember.

Or... maybe I am misinterpreted you.  The prequel "Better Call Saul" occurs pre Breaking Bad, not his life post- Breaking Bad.