Author Topic: Knicks (1-0) at Celtics (1-1) 10/29 Game 3  (Read 47818 times)

Knicks (1-0) at Celtics (1-1) 10/29 Game 3
« on: October 28, 2010, 03:25:03 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  vs 
New York Knicks (1-0) at Boston Celtics (1-1) 
Friday, October 29
7:30 PM ET
Game #5, Home Game #2
TV:  CSNNE,  MSG,  LP 757/758
Radio:  WEEI
TD Garden

Probable Starters
PG Rajon Rondo 11 PPG  13 APG   2.5 SPG

SG Ray Allen  16 PPG     2.5 APG   .385 3P%

SF Paul Pierce  16 PPG  5.5 RPG   2.5 APG

PF Kevin Garnett  9.5 PPG   12.5 RPG   0.5 BPG

Shaquille O'Neal 8 PPG   4.5 RPG   0.5 BPG

Boston Bench Mob
Marquis Daniels
Glen Davis
Luke Harangody
Nate Robinson
Von Wafer
Jermaine O'Neal
Semih Erden
Delonte West (Suspended)

Injured
Kendrick Perkins (knee) out
Avery Bradley (ankle) questionable

Probable Starters
PG Raymond Felton  15 PPG  6 APG  1 SPG

SG Landry Fields  11 PPG   0 APG     .500 3P%

SF Danilo Gallinari  12 PPG    6 RPG   1 BPG

PF Amar'e Stoudamire 19 PPG   10 RPG    2 BPG

Timofey Mosgov  0 PPG   3 RPG  0 BPG

Knicks Bench
Shawne Williams
Bill Walker
Andy Rautins
Ronny Turiaf
Roger Mason Jr
Toney Douglas
Wilson Chandler

Injuries

Anthony Randolph  (ankle)   out
Kelenna Azubuike  (knee)   out
Eddie Curry (hamstring)  questionable

Team Connections  
Celtics Head Coach Doc Rivers played  for New York from 1992-95 a Amar’e Stoudemire and Celtics center Shaquille O’Neal were teammates in Phoenix for 2007-09
Knicks coaches Mike D’Antoni, Phil Weber and Dan D’Antoni coached the duo during the 2007-08 season
Ray Allen authored one of the “50 Greatest Moments at Madison Square Garden” with his game-winning jumper in the 1996 Big East Tournament Championship
Knicks assistant coach Kenny Atkinson (1986-90) and Celtics assistant coach Kevin Eastman (1973-77) played their college ball at the University of Richmond. Both served as team captains and rank in the top 10 in school history in assists
Donnie Walsh acquired Celtics guard Marquis Daniels for the Pacers  Donnie Walsh acquired Celtics forward Jermaine O’Neal for the Pacers
O‟Neal spent eight seasons with the Pacers and Walsh
Celtics guard Nate Robinson spent four seasons with the Knicks 2005-10
Nate Robinson and Rajon Rondo were both drafted by the Suns and traded on draft night
Bill Walker was drafted by the Celtics and played 2 seasons in Boston
Danilo Gallinari and Celtics forward Paul Pierce were both participants in the 2010 NBA 3-Point Shootout which Pierce won and Gallinari finished in a three-way tie for fourth place
Mike D’Antoni coached Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo during 2010 training camp for Team USA
Kelenna Azubuike was teammates with Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo at the University of Kentucky for one season (2004-05)….
Celtics guard Von Wafer played for Knicks Summer League team in 2008

Key Matchups 
  vs 
Kevin Garnett vs Amar'e Stoudamire
This is a good matchup between two of the top power forwards in the league.  KG must limit Amar'e's scoring, but more importantly, he also has to limit him on the glass. 

vs 
Rajon Rondo vs Raymond Felton
As Rondo goes so go the Celtics.  He needs to be aggressive and keep the offense moving.  D'Antoni likes his team to get up and down the court quickly.  If Rondo can prevent Felton from bringing the ball up quickly it will go a long way toward slowing down the Knicks. 

Key off the Bench
  Glen Davis   13.5 PPG    5 RPG   0.5 BPG

Wilson Chandler    22 PP  8 RPG   2 APG

Game Notes
This is the 1st of 4 meetings between these two teams.  Both teams had Thursday off.  The Knicks are playing in the first game of a back to back set with their home opener on Saturday.  The Celtics won't play again until Tuesday.   Last year, the Celtics won the series 3-1 vs the Knicks.  The Celtics also won both of their meetings in the preseason. 

The Celtics will be at home and looking to bounce back from their loss to the Cavaliers while the Knicks will be looking to build momentum after a win in their first game over the Toronto Raptors.   The Celtics shouldn't make the same mistake twice in a row and should not take the Knicks for granted. 

Re: Knicks (1-0) at Celtics (1-1) 10/29 Game 3
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP. Go Celts!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 03:22:32 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I called it first KG is going to have a huge bounceback game pushing Amare around along with monster blocks and some nice slams
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 03:28:57 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I called it first KG is going to have a huge bounceback game pushing Amare around along with monster blocks and some nice slams

I'd love it if that happened (TP) ... Amare' is amazing, but still struggling to find his place a bit. I think Shaq, Ray and Rondo will have good games as well. TP to Fl for the great set-up, too!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 06:26:28 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I'd love it if that happened (TP) ... Amare' is amazing, but still struggling to find his place a bit. I think Shaq, Ray and Rondo will have good games as well. TP to Fl for the great set-up, too!

Yeah - I agree with both of you..KG is due for a break-out game. He has pulled in 25 rebs in two games so far, but hasn't shot well (yet).

He is due, and who better to send a message to than Amare?

TP to FLCeltsFan for post and Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:27:16 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
The players should be rested enough for this one so I just hope they've learned their lesson from the Cavaliers game, they must not take the Knicks lightly (they are way better than the Cavs, also). It would be nice to see an easy win, but I will be glad enough if we show that homecourt advantage means something this year.

Looking forward to the KG/Amare matchup, these guys hate each other and their duels are often interesting!

TP FL and go Celtics!

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I wish we still had Scal around to D up Amar'''''e.

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Knicks went small with Amar'e at the 5 last game, it'll be interesting to see if they take that approach with us. 

Cleveland beat us largely by running at us constantly, and you know the Knicks will take the same tack.  Whether we can adjust will be the key to the game.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Lets see - divisional game on your homecourt early in the season. Worse yet there is this Delonte distraction, and this is Boston vs New York......

Yup, this is a priority game for the Celtics especially with three days off coming up.

They need to pay attention to detail and stop turning the darn ball over.

I can live with the shooting slumps but I cannot live with mental mistakes and poor effort on defense and rebounding. My approach to following the game has not changed for decades now.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Knicks went small with Amar'e at the 5 last game, it'll be interesting to see if they take that approach with us. 

Cleveland beat us largely by running at us constantly, and you know the Knicks will take the same tack.  Whether we can adjust will be the key to the game.
Who played the 4 for them?

Garnett can guard Amar'e at the five just fine. Defensively he's our best match up and he'll likely get us a lot more boards than Amar'e.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Garnett can guard Amar'e at the five just fine. Defensively he's our best match up and he'll likely get us a lot more boards than Amar'e.
Hmm Landry Fields, I think I'd be okay with using BBD against him. Give BBD a chance to post him up and crash the glass.

Worst case I guess we'd use Marquis and Pierce.

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Not sure - the fantasy league I'm in reported they moved him to the 5 for most of the game after Mosgov went out.  Against Toronto they probably just went small, maybe put Gallinari at the 4.

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Not sure - the fantasy league I'm in reported they moved him to the 5 for most of the game after Mosgov went out.  Against Toronto they probably just went small, maybe put Gallinari at the 4.
Their forwards were Landry Fields and Gallanari according to popcorn game machine

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Their forwards were Landry Fields and Gallanari according to popcorn game machine

Nice site, haven't seen that one.  TP for the tip.  It wouldn't surprise me if D'Antoni tries to outquick us with a lineup like that.

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 06:53:25 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Jermaine O'Neal inactive for tonight.  Luke Harangody moves onto active roster 

per Chris Forsberg Twitter