Author Topic: New Lebron/Nike Ad  (Read 17462 times)

Re: New Lebron/Nike Ad
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2010, 02:42:02 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland anything.

Don't understand why Cleveland fans feel entitled to anything.

I don't so much think they feel entitled as betrayed by the way it happened.

I feel for that, If paul, hypothetically, had decided to leave when he opted out, and had done it in a stand up way, that's one thing. We'd be hurt, but we'd get over it

But if he had opted out and held an hour long special to announce he was going to the lakers, took out a full page add thanking all of Massachusetts except boston, and held a 2 hour "LA is great, screw that other franchise!" love in with Kobe and Gasol pep rally, I think the hurt would linger a bit, don't you?

It's not the what, it's the how that makes Clev hang onto the bitterness.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: New Lebron/Nike Ad
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2010, 05:53:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
There is reason he left town 3 am at night.  He knew it was wrong and knew he 'd get it.  Its the dude's life and he can do whatever he wantss.  Personally, I don't wish him well nor do I have too.  I don't wish him ill either.  PP would not have had an ESPN special either.  That is what really got peeps ire over this matter and the disrespect he showed fans who loved him.  The fans paid the salaries one way or another and while he owed them nothing they have every right to voice their anger over this matter.  He promised them a title but LBJ has developed a habit of promising things he won't be able to deliver.

I think the commercial is an extension of the special.  No one really cares what he thinks or says, just what he does on the court.  Whoever his handlers are, are not handling this well at all.   I am from Ohio and peeps largely hate him now.  I moved to Kentucky and guess what they hate him too largely.  I never have ever bought products he has endorsed.   Really, I used to buy converse back in the day because Larry wore them but that is the only time an athlete swayed me and with Larry, Magic and Dr. J it was a no brainer to me, lol.

I don't think peeps can call him a mercenary though as the kid has enough money to last a hundred wastrel lifetimes.  He is the epitome of the spoiled brat athlete though.   I think ESPN fed into to this and encouraged the special.  Clevelander are used to losing.  The drive, world series collapse, the shot and now the special have all been parts of its sports history.  They tend to place their athletes on a pedestal and really love them.  Chronic winning and losing will do that to a team.   We are one of the spectrum they are another.   They will carry a grudge for years mark my words.  Its really all they have left.  He didn't bring them any titles or the like.  They are left grasping smoke and trying to figure what they did wrong.

On his legacy, what is his legacy.  He really doesn't really have one.  Oh, he will be a Hall of Famer, but this cat has never won a title and if the early goings are any indication the MIA team is a long ways from winning one with deep flaws.  Sure they are top five team in the EC but they are little more than a threat which is all Cleveland was too.  They made it to the finals but were'nt they swept?   I don't think the titles are a lock for the HEAT by a long shot.   Its hard win a title with the mental toughness of wet kleenex like LeBron.  He is a quitter and coward of the worst sort.  Would you want to go to war with him, you know he ditch you and leave one half of your foxhole defenseless once the rounds started flying.