Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 10/26  (Read 99871 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 10/26
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2010, 04:11:47 PM »

Offline 3ptAndOne

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I am very excited about this game. Now to find something to do so time would go by faster.

Let Go Celtics!

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Free League Pass until Nov. 1:

https://ilp.nba.com/nbalp/secure/registerform

(I don't know if anyone else posted this but figured I'd help my Celtic brethren out.)
TP Thanks, I actually didn't know that.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »

Offline MiamiCelticfan

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 29
Man, i cant wait. The hype for this game down here in cheat town is unreal. Im so sick of hearing how great this team is. I know these guys are downplaying it, but if any member of the heat come down that lane i want them hammered. Screw all this cordial nonsense. This team thinks theyre going to take over the NBA. They need to be put in their places tonight!!!

GO CELTICS!!!!

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2010, 05:03:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Can we start the game yet?!?? 

I haven't looked forward to a season like this since 07-08.  Hope that's a good sign...

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2010, 05:08:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Man I was Johnny was around to call this one tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0&feature=player_embedded

Is this game on CSNE as well as TNT?  Because I have a feeling Tommy could explode when they call the first double technical.

Wow, Johnny made Tommy seem calm and even-handed.

I wonder if the refs will have a quick trigger on the Ts like the preseason - this is the biggest regular season game the NBA's had in quite awhile, and I don't think they want it uglied up with a bunch of cheap technicals.  Never know, though.

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2010, 05:38:55 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
TIME FOR BANNER 18

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2010, 06:02:58 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
While I certainly hope that the Celtics kick the crap out of the Heat, the fact of the matter is that is just game 1 of the regular season.  Whether the C's win or lose and whether it's a blow out or not will likely matter very little when all is said and done.  The C's could lose by 20 tonight and still win #18 and vice versa for the Heat. 

That said, I'm still looking for some key things tonight as early barometers:

1) What is the state of our Big Three?  It's not so much statistically how they do, it's how lively and young they look.  Even if they're missing shots, are they still moving well and sticking with the Heat Big Three?

2) Can Rondo and Shaq abuse the wannabes that the Heat have at the 1 and 5?

3) Can Marquis Daniels effectively guard LeBron?  That's not to say he stops him, but can he prove he can stick with bigger 3s?

4) How good is our bench?  Can they ultimately be our wildcard as they either pound other benches or come in and run starting units into the ground with their energy? 

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2010, 06:13:30 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
While I certainly hope that the Celtics kick the crap out of the Heat, the fact of the matter is that is just game 1 of the regular season.  Whether the C's win or lose and whether it's a blow out or not will likely matter very little when all is said and done.  The C's could lose by 20 tonight and still win #18 and vice versa for the Heat. 

That said, I'm still looking for some key things tonight as early barometers:

1) What is the state of our Big Three?  It's not so much statistically how they do, it's how lively and young they look.  Even if they're missing shots, are they still moving well and sticking with the Heat Big Three?

2) Can Rondo and Shaq abuse the wannabes that the Heat have at the 1 and 5?

3) Can Marquis Daniels effectively guard LeBron?  That's not to say he stops him, but can he prove he can stick with bigger 3s?

4) How good is our bench?  Can they ultimately be our wildcard as they either pound other benches or come in and run starting units into the ground with their energy? 

Very true, well said and important questions. That said, I am so ready for this game. Been ready since the final buzzer of game 7. Heat or not, been waiting for the first jump ball. Just a little over an hour...

1) I expect to see them come out strong. Perhaps even too amped (KG). The second quarter/second half will probably be even more interesting (especially given the 3rd quarter woes of last year. That is where change has to happen). I expect a big game out of Rondo, which goes to #2. A potentially big advantage against the Heat for our boys in green.

3) I hope so. Tony may be missed in this regard. He really did develop into a very good one on one defender. I worry a little about 'Quis' movement. He has size but don't know if he has the pure athleticism needed to guard guys like LeBron.

4) Love the offseason bench moves. Think this is a great improvement for this team. Can't wait till Delonte comes back. Great pickup.

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2010, 06:25:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
once erden and delonte can contribute...watch out...once perk comes back and boston has 4 7'0...then really watch out

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2010, 06:26:50 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Man I was Johnny was around to call this one tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0&feature=player_embedded
He's calling the game for the Heavenly Broadcast System.

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Anybody watching on NBA.com??
Rondo can't miss any elbow jumpshot!!!!
that's putting in work, hope he'll shoot with confidence from this point on... RONDO GOT ME EVEN MORE HYPED AND I THAT's HARD 2 DO!!!
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2010, 06:36:08 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
once erden and delonte can contribute...watch out...once perk comes back and boston has 4 7'0...then really watch out

Exciting times!!  This team healthy = pretty darn scary.

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2010, 06:39:36 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Perk is shooting as well, he's shooting form looks as usual, I think he'll be back sooner than expected.  ;D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2010, 06:52:56 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I am so pumped for this game, opening day always reminds just how much I miss the C's.

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I am so pumped for this game, opening day always reminds just how much I miss the C's.

My feelings exactly :)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi