Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 10/26  (Read 99288 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 10/26
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
The Heat are going down!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
think boston has decisive advantages at the 2 biggest spots with rondo and the center. also..boston has a better bench..Cs by 8

33 Hours to Post Time
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 11:11:07 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I committed myself to post 33 hours in front of the tip off of the 1st game of the season and here I am.

The Celtics must win the title this season. They must take care of their home court and not have to take the long and difficult road through Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angelos to accomplish their career goal. They have a bunch of championship starved veterans and a coach who understand the traditions of NBA basketball and Red Auerbach. In the name of Johnny Most, it is your civic duty to root for the Celtics and everyone else is the enemy.

All of you I am sure have little rituals and routines that you do to will the Celtics to victory. I got mine.

I know that I am preaching to the choir in here but I feel better for doing this. So I urge you to not give up on this season if we do lose games we aren't supposed to lose. I want to finish somewhere around 57 wins and get at least a number 2 seed. I want to win 35 home games and go over .500 on the road.

I want to punch out our EC opponents in no more than 16 games total (12-4 or better). I want to punch out the Lakers and punish KobeA-Artest-Pischer-Gasoft-noshowBynum in 5 games.

I think we got a mulligan this year because Ray and Doc came back and so did Delonte and the O'Neal brothers joined us and I firmly believe that they are committed to getting this done. And all the good old fans are pulling for the Celtics this year to win their 18th championship.

After this season, the league will change. Strange as it might sound, Dictator David Stern is almost talking common sense hear as it sounds like he is listening to his accountants.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I think Celtics will win this game, it won't be easy with 40-50 ft against you but our guys will gut it out. And it's the opening night, the fans will be estatic and beyond  ;D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Celtics Hoorah! Celtics Hoorah! Celtics Hoorah!

UBUNTU!

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I get back from school at about 8:45PM on Tuesdays. How depressing is that?

I feel for you...I have a class from 7-10 pm on Tuesdays....but I'm going to skip that one next week....a first one for me.

I usually work late on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I got Tuesday off, and the best, I get paid for it!  Thank God for paid floating holidays.  However, I would strongly suggest in acquiring a DVR machine if u haven't got one already.  It really is a life saver as long as you don't check the score.  Last season I would watch a game in 1.5 hours by skipping all the comercials.  It was great!
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 04:00:38 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
(rubs eyes in disbelief) Is this really happening?  Is the season really starting tomorrow?
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Here is LeBron James' latest commercial, it is part of a new multi-media campaign sponsored by Nike called 'Rise'. In the video LeBron repeatedly questions the viewer, repeating the phrase 'Should I...', almost as if to ask what he (or she) would (the viewer) would do in his situation, or to challenge his critics who might still feel that he is not 'The Chosen 1' even after winning two league MVP's. The original commercial is 1 and a half minutes long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smDb8JSj2eg

...I for one hope that LeBron's identity crisis lasts for at least long enough for the Celtics to defeat the Miami Heat in Boston tomorrow night. Either way, the Miami Heat as constructed are a team capable of winning at least 2 rings within the next five NBA seasons, so it isn't too big of a deal if the 'new' Miami Heat can't win their first regular-season game together as a team. Sooner or later that group will figure out what it takes to make it back to the NBA Finals...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I get back from school at about 8:45PM on Tuesdays. How depressing is that?

I feel for you...I have a class from 7-10 pm on Tuesdays....but I'm going to skip that one next week....a first one for me.

I usually work late on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I got Tuesday off, and the best, I get paid for it!  Thank God for paid floating holidays.  However, I would strongly suggest in acquiring a DVR machine if u haven't got one already.  It really is a life saver as long as you don't check the score.  Last season I would watch a game in 1.5 hours by skipping all the comercials.  It was great!

I just bought a 50 inch LCD TV....DVR is next on my list. Its a little hard to save money for everything since I can work only so many hours....university/homework takes up a majority of my time.

Anyway, TP for the suggestion :)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
another great job FL. tp for ya as CB ramps up for #18.
go celtics!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2010, 08:42:47 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Talk about Murphy's Law.  My DTV receiver went out tonight.  They sent one out and I should get it either Wed or Thurs.  BUT that means I miss out on tonight's Basketball Show, Pre and post game tomorrow night and maybe even Wednesday's game if it doesn't get here.  Thank goodness tomorrow's game is on TNT.   I have League Pass but I can't seem to get my companion broadband activated.  I've written a bunch of times and can't seem to get a reply from them.  I'm one very frustrated Celtics fan right now. 

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Anyone else have tickets?  :-*
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2010, 01:56:10 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
It's 8 in the morning here and I am already pumped. Torch the Heat! (Wearing a Pierce jersey at work today, of course)

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2010, 03:48:08 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
With emotions running high in the first regular season game against the expected Eastern Conference powerhouses, this will be the real litmus test of how the refs will call technical fouls during the first couple of months - and whether there will be a discrepancy between the superstars and the regular players.

It's in Boston, so that should help a bit, but more than anything I want to not remember the refs after this game is over.  That, along with a C's win, would make me happy.

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2010, 04:40:52 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Finally, Opening Night is here!! The day will be long, knowing how amazing the game will be tonight.

I predict big games from Rondo and Shaq and, of course, a Celtics win, to start the season on the right foot and calm down the Heat hype.

TP FL and let's go Celtics!