Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 10/26  (Read 99886 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) 10/26
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I personally am willing to assume that JO will start, for now.

Either than that, a TP to FL, and sadly I will miss the start of this game due to...wait for it..NIGHT CLASS!  :'( And I'll probably miss many more beginnings of games due to that, now that I think of it...

None the less, the season is beginning, and I'm kinda looking forward to it.
We can't make the game wait for you, Tai, but we (in chat) can wait for you....the second half of the game  is more fun anyway. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 12:11:10 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
TP FL.  It's almost here!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Let's get this party starting!

The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Its Celtics time again....really happy and really excited. TP :)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:31:33 PM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 01:40:28 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Assuming all three stars play, it'll be interesting to see how they work together.  To me, the most overlooked reason as to why our Big Three have worked together is how well their games compliment each other.  Due to their differing skillsets and all three's ability to hit the open jumper, they've managed to be effective without negating or repeating aspects of each player's game. 

I'm not so sure the Heat have that.

Yes, having three superstars on the court will make it harder for teams to guard them and will conserve each other's energy; however, if all they're going to do is run isos for each of the three superstars, they're largely negating the benefit of having three superstars out there. 

And that's not even getting into the whole aspect of whether the three can share the spotlight and the ball.

Certainly Miami could be quite scary and quite good.  But they could also be a younger version of the late-'90s Rockets, a team that not only was too old, but also had three superstars (first Hakeem, Barkley, and Drexler, then Pippen replacing Drexler) whose games didn't compliment each other.  Having Hakeem in the post, just meant Barkley wasn't being effective there and meant Pippen turned into a jumpshoter, something he wasn't.  The same could happen in Miami where LeBron (or Wade's) ball domination could turn Wade and Bosh into jumpshooters, which certainly isn't either's forte. 

I agree. When the (real) Big Three were brought together in 2007, I instantly knew what we had not only because of how great all three were, but because of how complimentary their games were.

Presumably, Wade and LeBron will handle the ball the majority of the game. LeBron can move without the ball, but Wade isn't as good. These guys are almost useless on offense without the ball, all of them. You can't have two guys penetrating with one ball while another is hanging out in the post. If two of them are going to be 15+' jumpshooters, the whole league will be fine with that.

On defense, Wade and LeBron are rather good one-on-one. But how well they compliment each other remains to be seen. If they indeed plan on playing Wade and LeBron alongside Miller when he returns, that assuredly creates matchup problems. Matchup problems for the other team, but also for themselves. Which coach can exploit those weaknesses most will get the W's.

And then there is the whole Center issue they will have to deal with.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:22:23 PM by GreenEnvy »
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Hurry up and get here so we can WIN!
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 03:19:32 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Heat just signed Jerry Stackhouse.  They will need to cut 2 others before Monday. Trying to shore up that bench to match up with the Celtics :)

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think they'll waive D.Butler (injury) and Beverley. Beverley had some good moments in preseason but with Chalmers, Arroyo and House ... they do not need another point guard.

Magloire is a valuable third string center. They need his size, bulk and low post defense against some of the bigger teams in the league. He has value to the team. Pittman is an interesting long term project who should also be kept around.

J.Howard might be in some danger but they should keep him because of the collective lack of quickness in Big Z, Magloire and Pittman. They need a fourth big (along with their top three bigs) to be someone with serviceable foot speed.

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 03:29:27 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
299. Someone please put her over the top. Thanks.

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 03:39:51 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I get back from school at about 8:45PM on Tuesdays. How depressing is that?

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 04:52:56 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I also think the C's need to exploit the Heat for their weaknesses at the 1 and 5 and on the bench.  Outside of Mike Miller, no one else on that team (outside of their Big Three) could crack our rotation.  We need to let Rondo (and even Nate) burn the likes of Carlos Arroyo and we really need to sit Paul, Ray, and KG on the perimeter and let Shaq destroy the host of pretenders the Heat have in the middle.  And if they want to double him, it'll just let our Big Three have open jumpers all day. 

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I get back from school at about 8:45PM on Tuesdays. How depressing is that?

I feel for you...I have a class from 7-10 pm on Tuesdays....but I'm going to skip that one next week....a first one for me.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 01:16:30 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I think that the Celtics come out hungry in their opener and send a message to the Heat. This should be a fun season of Celtics basketball. The keys to this game are:

1. Defense and Rebounding - Boston has been together longer and should excel in this area.

2. Turnovers and 1/2 court execution. This was a sore spot for the Heat last year.

3. Coaching and minutes distribution - Boston needs to trust their bench .

4. Maintaining Poise in the face of adverse refereeing decisions, given the apparent mandate to give out quick T's to keep order in the court.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
All we do is win, win, win no matter what!