Author Topic: Fallout 3 New Vegas  (Read 12891 times)

Fallout 3 New Vegas
« on: October 16, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Has anyone else pre-ordered this? I pre-ordered through Steam (I love Steam) and have preloaded it already to avoid server traffic next week.

I'm pretty excited as I played Fallout 3 to death. I'm not sure I'll have time to play on Tuesday though, which is a bummer.

I can tell how excited I am when I find myself looking through achievements and planning out a playing strategy.

Re: Fallout 3 New Vegas
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:09:54 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Pretty Keen to get this. Fallout 3 was one of the best games i've played. I'm still a long way away from finishing it however, since I have all the add-on packs for 3 to go.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 08:46:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm super excited to get this game; Fallout 3 is my favorite "next generation" game, probably tied with Mass Effect.  I've got a pretty full plate right now so I won't be able to play for awhile, but this game is one of the "must owns", in my opinion.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 11:14:36 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
Pretty Keen to get this. Fallout 3 was one of the best games i've played. I'm still a long way away from finishing it however, since I have all the add-on packs for 3 to go.
I played through those on a second run through of the game. Steam had a deal.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
I'm super excited to get this game; Fallout 3 is my favorite "next generation" game, probably tied with Mass Effect.  I've got a pretty full plate right now so I won't be able to play for awhile, but this game is one of the "must owns", in my opinion.
The Mass Effect series is really brilliant, though the planet mining was a bit tedious. I enjoyed the simplicity of Mass Effect 2 due to the limited inventory options. I love having a single narrative for the trilogy.

I was just reading about the most recent DLC for Mass Effect 2. Seems to have great reviews. I might have to try that our after Fallout 3.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 02:16:56 AM »

Kiorrik

Might go and nab it when I get myself a PS3, or when I buy a new PC. Both will happen somewhere in the next few months :)

I've played Fallout II through about 20 times, and will do it again soon. Love the series.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Tried to get in to Fallout 3 and Oblivion several times but I ended of giving up after about 12 hours played on both.

Is there anything in this game that would make someone like me like it?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

If I haven't played any of the Fallouts should I just jump into new Vegas or go back and get the game of the year edition for fall out 3.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 12:13:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

If I haven't played any of the Fallouts should I just jump into new Vegas or go back and get the game of the year edition for fall out 3.

GOTY Edition for Fallout 3. You'll spend months on it, and you'll be ready for New Vegas probably around the time it becomes cheaper.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think you can ignore the PC games.  I'd say get Fallout 3 just because it is *such* a great game, and is literally dozens of hours of gameplay. 

However, if you want to jump into New Vegas first, you should be okay; it's not technically a sequel to Fallout 3, it just has similar game play and is set in the same world.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Got it last Tues. I love this. I'm really embracing a kind of "Nerd Gunslinger" thing this time around. I rock a Deperado Cowboy hat, glasses, and I switch in and out between my NCR "Service Rifle" and "That Gun" (a kind of mechanized automatic swiss cheese maker).

The "Four Eyes" perk and "Gunslinger" perk have come in real handy.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Tried to get in to Fallout 3 and Oblivion several times but I ended of giving up after about 12 hours played on both.

Hard to answer.  What do you mean by "someone like me?"

I get motion sickness playing 1st person shooters (I think my tv screen is too big).  But my favorite games are Fallout and Oblivion.  So I play them entirely in 3rd person instead.  For sniping I might switch to 1st, but 95% of the time I play in 3rd person.  Perhaps this is something that might let you enjoy the game more?

I love New Vegas.  It's fantastic.  One major beef though - I haven't done a single mission for the main quest, and I'm already level 25 (hard difficulty).  The level cap is 30.  I'll be completely maxed out by the time I finish the side quests and start the main quest.  The amount of experience earned is completely unbalanced.  There should not be a level cap on this game at all.  Not when you can play it for 150 hours with one character.

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Hard to answer.  What do you mean by "someone like me?"

I get motion sickness playing 1st person shooters (I think my tv screen is too big).  But my favorite games are Fallout and Oblivion.  So I play them entirely in 3rd person instead.  For sniping I might switch to 1st, but 95% I play in 3rd.  Perhaps this is something that might let you enjoy the game more?

I love New Vegas.  It's fantastic.  One major beef though - I haven't done a single mission for the main quest, and I'm already level 25 (hard difficulty).  The level cap is 30.  I'll be completely maxed out by the time I finish the side quests and start the main quest.  The amount of experience earned is completely unbalanced.  There should not be a level cap on this game at all.  Not when you can play it for 150 hours with one character.

#WORDAPP

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 03:07:33 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
what is #WORDAPP?

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Hard to answer.  What do you mean by "someone like me?"

I get motion sickness playing 1st person shooters (I think my tv screen is too big).  But my favorite games are Fallout and Oblivion.  So I play them entirely in 3rd person instead.  For sniping I might switch to 1st, but 95% of the time I play in 3rd person.  Perhaps this is something that might let you enjoy the game more?

I love New Vegas.  It's fantastic.  One major beef though - I haven't done a single mission for the main quest, and I'm already level 25 (hard difficulty).  The level cap is 30.  I'll be completely maxed out by the time I finish the side quests and start the main quest.  The amount of experience earned is completely unbalanced.  There should not be a level cap on this game at all.  Not when you can play it for 150 hours with one character.
Agreed.  The level cap in Fallout 2 was 99.  I played that game for years it seemed and I never got close.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale