Author Topic: NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread  (Read 43573 times)

Re: NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 11:07:54 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
About 25+ games in my first season of my player.  Waas getting way to easy blowin everyone out by 30+  Bumped my difficulty up to HOF and still killin em.

Averaging 30p 6a 2s have not lost a game since my trade.

Only difference in difficulty is that you cant just freestyle it.  You have to take your time and call set plays to score.

Also you shot seems to get blocked much more.  But creating space fixes that easily.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Heard the ROY achievement is glitched.  It wont unlock if you win the MVP and ROY (which I am on pace to do).
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 12:55:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
About 25+ games in my first season of my player.  Waas getting way to easy blowin everyone out by 30+  Bumped my difficulty up to HOF and still killin em.

Only difference in difficulty is that you cant just freestyle it.  You have to take your time and call set plays to score.

Also you shot seems to get blocked much more.  But creating space fixes that easily.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Heard the ROY achievement is glitched.  It wont unlock if you win the MVP and ROY (which I am on pace to do).

I just hit 60 pts for the first time (52 pts, 55 pts, 58 pts, 62 pts my last 4 games), and I think its time I moved it up to HOF mode.

I don't know how you're on pace for the MVP though..this NBA 2k game (like the last one) is very reluctant to give the MVP to a rookie, no matter the stats. They'll fork over the ROY no problem, and you can make the All-Star game, but the MVP is pretty hard to get the first year.

I noticed on the last game though that I started out (at an 85 overall) as the frontrunner for the MVP award.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Demanded a trade from the Hawks b/c Mike Bibby & Joe Johnson are huns, won 5 games straight b/c they started moving the ball then got traded to.... the Lakers...

I've combatted this move the only way I know how, full-on Sad Gilbert beard.

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2010, 10:08:44 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Can I get advice on some of the drills? I'm currently a pg rated 44 four games into my first season. I am able to pretty consistently get gold on shooting, shot contesting and stealing.

I need tips on the following drills
1. Attack the basket (often get swallowed up and lose my dribble before I can get to the hoop).
2. Dribble (I only know how to do a crossover and step back)

The other drills I haven't mentioned are not really important to a pg but if you have tips I would like them.

Other questions:
1. Do people find it useful to bring up the passing icons?
2. What pg plays do people find work best?
3. At what rating do I unlock the most basic layup and dunk packages?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010, 10:33:11 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum

I LOVE THIS GAME!

I just hit 60 pts for the first time (52 pts, 55 pts, 58 pts, 62 pts my last 4 games), and I think its time I moved it up to HOF mode.

I don't know how you're on pace for the MVP though..this NBA 2k game (like the last one) is very reluctant to give the MVP to a rookie, no matter the stats. They'll fork over the ROY no problem, and you can make the All-Star game, but the MVP is pretty hard to get the first year.

I noticed on the last game though that I started out (at an 85 overall) as the frontrunner for the MVP award.

85 overall wow how many game have you played? I am about 30 games in and am a 60 overall.

I originally only had set the cpu sim to 6 min qt.  So the first 10-12 games or so of the season people stats were messed up...and why my stats look so ridiculous hence MVP.  I realized and corrected but no way they can catch up now :D 

Red Auerbach

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2010, 10:46:05 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I found a mini-tutorial video that explains the consequences of selecting different responses during a press-conference in 'My Player' mode (the only problem is that the 'My Player' character featured in the video is on the Lakers, bleh):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diBXa3mzHNw

Lol...I'll have to try out the 'My Player' Mode this week then. The only thing I've done since purchasing that game is play some exhibition games on the different difficulty levels, create-a-player and winning the first event in 'Jordan Challenge Mode' (I had 74 points in 4 quarters to beat the '86 Celtics).

I'm having more success at Hall Of Fame difficulty these days; I'm sure I'll be able to beat the Lakers on that difficulty with at least a few teams before too long, even though this is the first 2K game I have ever owned  ;D

Edit: every time I hear Rakaa's 'Crown of Thorns' on 2K11's soundtrack I envision some Lakers troll trying to rob me. Might have to turn that one off on my playlist...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:10:49 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2010, 10:48:57 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Can I get advice on some of the drills? I'm currently a pg rated 44 four games into my first season. I am able to pretty consistently get gold on shooting, shot contesting and stealing.

1. Attack the basket (often get swallowed up and lose my dribble before I can get to the hoop).

The other drills I haven't mentioned are not really important to a pg but if you have tips I would like them.

Other questions:

I stink at all the drills you have mentioned.  And cant ever lose on the drills (I get like 2 to 3X the needed score all the time) you are good at so I cant answer it for you sorry.

I do so well in the games though I get points pretty easy.  Also here is a tip if you have objectives for the game you know you can pass reload up the game and the next time you start the game the objectives will change.  I make sure to ALWAYS get those extra points by completing all game objectives.

My My player is a PG.

Other questions answer.

1.  I almost always use passing icons unless I am on a fast break and have clear sight to my passing target.  Tried using the special advanced passing and may try it again in the future but icon passing gets the job done for me.

2.  Pick and roll all day instead of Williams to Boozer last season in my NBA you have me to Gasol this year...automatic!

3.  I think you have to be at least 80 to get anything good.  To get the best...I dont know know.  My layup was 90 from day 1 but I also chose athletic so I usually don't do layups I just dunk and change my shot when I have to.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2010, 11:07:33 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
I found a mini-tutorial video that explains the consequences of selecting different responses during a press-conference in 'My Player' mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diBXa3mzHNw

Lol...I'll have to try out the 'My Player' Mode this week then. The only thing I've done since purchasing that game is play some exhibition games on the different difficulty levels, create-a-player and winning first event in 'Jordan Challenge Mode' (I had 74 points in 4 quarters to beat the '86 Celtics).

I'm having more success at Hall Of Fame difficulty these days; I'm sure I'll be able to beat the Lakers on that difficulty with at least a few teams before too long, even though this is the first 2K game I have ever owned  ;D

Good find TP.

But I personally I prefer to answer as I would, or depending on the situation...no matter what the results might be.

Although friends have told me that because of responses they have been traded or sent to the D-league so this stuff does matter.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2010, 11:13:10 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

85 overall wow how many game have you played? I am about 30 games in and am a 60 overall.

I originally only had set the cpu sim to 6 min qt.  So the first 10-12 games or so of the season people stats were messed up...and why my stats look so ridiculous hence MVP.  I realized and corrected but no way they can catch up now :D 

I meant 1st game, second season of NBA 2k10. That's when I was 85.

And that makes a lot more sense (the 6 min Q thing), when you look at the Award Races thing, are you leading?

Other questions:

I mastered the dribble course. It takes practice. All this stuff is in the manual, but here is my best facsimile:

***All Moves Must Be Done While Moving Forward Unless Otherwise Noted

Easy Ones:

Behind the back: Rotate left stick from ball hand side around back (bottom half moon). Don't touch L-Trig

Spin: Same as BTB but while holding L-Trig

Crossover: L-Trig while moving (quickly) left stick from ball side to other side (so if ball is in your left hand, you'd do left trigger (hold) plus quick Left>Right with the left stick

Hesitation/Sizeup: Both of these are super easy but not explained well in the manual. For hesitation, let your guy come to a complete stop, then tap (like you were firing a single shot in Call-Of-Duty kind of tap) the left trigger. That's it. For Sizeup, let your player come to a complete stop, then hold L-Trig and move left stick EITHER (but not both) left or right.

Step-Back: While moving forward, Left Trigger+back on left stick

The Hard Ones:

Dbl Crossover and In+Out: Both the same move, while holding left trigger you move from ball hand to other hand then back to original ball hand (example, I'm dribbling in my left, I'd move Left>Right>Left).

The Dbl X-over is done rhythmically, while the in and out is very quick.

It will take a couple of tries to get the timing down, but basically the way I learned is In+Out you just flash to each side, while Dbl X-Over is like a metered cadence, like 1,2,3.

Half-Spin: This is the one move I have the most trouble with (and its maybe the most useless in my experience). While holding the left trigger, you move from the ball hand to the "down" position, then back along the same path. In the end though, this is hard to do because if you go past half way in any kind of fashion, then it becomes a complete spin. It should look like (if ball is in left hand): Left>Rotate to down middle (but don't go over)>Rotate back along same path to front

If you have any other moves let me know.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Demanded a trade from the Hawks b/c Mike Bibby & Joe Johnson are huns, won 5 games straight b/c they started moving the ball then got traded to.... the Lakers...

I didnt like it on the Lackers ;) at first either but even though I hate them to death in real life they are making it very easy to play on HOF difficulty.

Like I said I plan to win the tons of awards then throw the NBA Finals (unless Miami makes it) then go to a new team next year.

I want a young team to call my own.  Or even a crap team I can elevate to the next level. 

Red Auerbach

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2010, 11:36:26 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

I didnt like it on the Lackers ;) at first either but even though I hate them to death in real life they are making it very easy to play on HOF difficulty.

Like I said I plan to win the tons of awards then throw the NBA Finals (unless Miami makes it) then go to a new team next year.

I want a young team to call my own.  Or even a crap team I can elevate to the next level. 

You're saying that you'd stick with your 'My Player' while he's on the Lakers and win playoff rounds with him? You are also willing to go so far as to defeat the Miami Heat ('cHeat', 'Eat', Teet, etc.) in the Finals w/ the Lakers?!?! I think I just had a heart-attack...  ::)

Honestly, being traded to the Lakers is probably the biggest reason why I am reluctant to start 'My Player'. Is it possible to save the game before a trade occurs, then maybe you can see whether or not the trade scenario is a random or not?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:56:51 PM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Wait I saw that someone mentioned changing the simming length to 6 minutes. Can I change the game playing length to make it longer so it's easier to score more points and get objectives?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2010, 11:37:57 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Quote from: IndeedProceed

And that makes a lot more sense (the 6 min Q thing), when you look at the Award Races thing, are you leading?

[/quote

To be honest I didn't specifically look @ MVP race....but since I have been back to back conference player of the month I just assumed.  When I get home tonight I will look and confirm.

But like I said since my stats are so ridiculous (lead the league in assist with only 6 per lol) and only the 2 teams I played for Wizards and Lakers look somewhat like real NBA stats this year because of my initial setup error.  I would say I am a shoe in.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2010, 11:38:20 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Wait I saw that someone mentioned changing the simming length to 6 minutes. Can I change the game playing length to make it longer so it's easier to score more points and get objectives?

Yes you can these can be changed in options at any time.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2010, 11:42:11 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum

You're saying that you'd stick with your 'My Player' and win playoff rounds with him? You are also willing to go so far as to defeat the Miami Heat ('cHeat', 'Eat', Teet, etc.) in the Finals w/ the Lakers?!?! I think I just had a heart-attack...  ::)

Honestly, being traded to the Lakers is probably the biggest reason why I am reluctant to start 'My Player'. Is it possible to save the game before a trade occurs, then maybe you can see whether or not the trade scenario is a random occurrence or not?

I knew I would catch some h3ll for it  :P

Yeah I also beat up hookers and drive expensive cars off cliffs in Grand Theft auto too.

It is just a game...but even I admit I feel nothing but great, when I do that evil stuff in GTA but feel very dirty playing with the Lakers.

I promise to throw the Finals no matter what team is there...it is the least I can do.

I will treat it as a whole story line.

MVP conspires with the Mob and throws NBA Finals.  He is so good though, he does no jail time but instead gets banished to a terrible team and must redeem himself.    8)

FYI if you don't have auto save on and get traded it is possible to get traded to a different team by reloading...but if your are traded and it is on auto save and you let it save (you will see the spinning disk saying it is saving) you are stuck and have to play 5 games b4 you can request another trade.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:58:07 AM by Assassin70 »

Red Auerbach