Author Topic: NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread  (Read 43705 times)

NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Figured the game is so good we should have a thread dedicated to making games/ discussing other aspects of the game rather than the old pre release elite vs. 2k thread.

To start, what plays is everyone running for the Celtics? (or there team if your a heathen)

I like Rondo's default plays, though the 51 quick screen is easy to defend. The 12 option is nice to get ray in motion.

Ray's plays are awesome, if you swap them up alot the computer has a real problem defending them. 42 double is great but you have to start it early in the clock and stick with it.

If anyone has good plays for pierce, please tell me. I like the 23 slice, but i'm having trouble finding plays for a SF that gets him the ball in space where he can go 1-1 and keep the D away from him. Anyone found a play that has a second option for ray on a screen?

KG's are easy, any 24 or 34 play is good, since unlike real life i can force kevin to go down on the block  8)

Perk...i dont really run plays for perk, and since i can put in other plays for the bench center, i.e shaq, i havent really found the need to find something that works for poor perk.

Also, I think everyone should post their ID's, i have IP's and a few others but this seems like a NBA game i actually want to play online, unlike 2k10 :D

mine is

Xbox: crown45

send me a friend request!

Also i'll be home tonight at like 11:15 EST, anyone going to be on and want to play a game or two?

don't worry, i kinda suck so you'll probley beat me :D

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
indeedproceed83

I'm not going to be playing online til I get better, lest I lose my "street cred" by losing to you yokles :)

But, I would love to get down on a league where you draft from scratch.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
indeedproceed83

I'm not going to be playing online til I get better, lest I lose my "street cred" by losing to you yokles :)

But, I would love to get down on a league where you draft from scratch.

How does the online league work, do we need to find 30 people? can we sim games that involve non-human teams and such?

because i'd be down to play in a league like that, but as we found in the NCAA online attempt, that can get messy the more people you put in it with meet up times, ect.

But i'd be down for one with a limited number of people.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:10:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
alright, but i suck too IP, so we can struggle through a game together and i won't tell nobody :D

P.S you play a PF right?

think i might remake my guy as a SG or PG, in the hopes that we can get a crew game going once we slog through getting out players to an acceptable skill level.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 09:15:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Yeah crownsy I think you can limit the # of ppl.

And...man...destroyed for my 2nd straight combine game...first one good, second one...BAAAAD.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 09:17:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
One thing I really like about the myplayer mode right now...it is freakin hard. It should be hard.

After 1 season I was averaging like 47,7,8. That shouldn't happen.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
I will be recreating my guy into an SG after the game goes off tonight.

As I stated b4 XBL GT is same as username here.

I would be down to join a fantasy draft style league.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:17:28 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I have a question about the Arena Music. Why am i not able to choose from the songs they have on the 2k soundtrack? I keep hitting right left Y and A and no songs show up. Do i have to have songs downloaded?

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I bought 2K11 today and I have already played a lot of hours, this game is simply the best basketball game ever!

My Xbox ID : Drucci

I didn't follow Jordan when he played because I was a kid and didn't know the NBA at that time but man, all the modes/games involving him are so well done, it's a pleasure to play them and feel the atmosphere so I can only imagine how awesome it must be for Jordan fans to play with him and recreate his greatest games. By the way, the intro to the game is just brilliant, I won't say more not to spoil it but it gets you right in and excited, ready to play!

The graphics are improved, especially the faces (Big Baby is really well done while he was unrecognizable before, same for Pierce). All the moves of every player are perfectly retranscripted, it's awesome (Pierce, again, finally has his real moves). Also, I love all the details put in the game : all the players claiming the possession belongs to their team after a loose ball, the falls of players on the court after attempting a shot, the reactions on the bench, the interactions between players during free throws, etc. It even goes in the sound effects since you can hear players talking during the game!

So it's really immersive and fun to watch. I play in All-Star difficulty and for once it's realistic in the sense that you usually play close games, and making a big run doesn't ensure you a win since the other team usually makes a big run to get back in the game. I still think there are not enough fouls called (although LeBron always got FT's whenever he shot the ball in Association mode against the C's... but, yeah, it's realistic, unfortunately :P) and I find the quickness of the legs animation quite strange when players run up the court, they are running at a normal speed but their legs go twice as fast. Weird.

I tried the Jordan Challenge of his 63 points against the Celtics and it was really fun. I wonder how much how our success in the challenge depends on our skills and how much on the computer's "help" since you often can dunk at ease or can't miss a shot with MJ, but it's really fun to have challenges (they are multiple) in one game, to recreate the real story and to surpass it, even.

I have a hard time setting screens now, I think I will have to practice because it used to be easy but it isn't anymore. Same for going in the post, it's not as easy as it used to be. Also, the ability of faking a pass is a great addition and it's really fun (and useful) to use, especially with Rondo!

Anyway, I've said enough, this game is just great... and I'm already back on it. 8)

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 06:08:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I love the little touches you find each play through. Q couple I saw last night

- ray doing the drum roll after he had hit three shots in a row of screen plays ( dear   
Raptors, Turks not staying with ray on 42 double)

- kg's primal scream after a dunk and one. It was so loud it scared the crap outta me lol

- the chatter as dru got to. In a gang rebound last night I could hear someone yelling " get it! Gt that!" and Paul snagged it while yelling "that's mine!"

Just pure awesome

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Great game! If anyone wants to play me online or request me as a friend my name is Ucanes32. Sadly my brother and I share the xbox and thats why its that name! I am a Florida state boy! But would love to play anyone. guess it will be celtics vs celtics lol!

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

- ray doing the drum roll after he had hit three shots in a row of screen plays ( dear   

- kg's primal scream after a dunk and one. It was so loud it scared the crap outta me lol

- the chatter as dru got to. In a gang rebound last night I could hear someone yelling " get it! Gt that!" and Paul snagged it while yelling "that's mine!"

Just pure awesome

Playing in the My Player mode, I asked for a trade and then, in my next home game, the fans were chanting "trade him! trade him" when I was at the FT line!! And the broadcasters commented these chants too. Awesome, they really did a great job on all the details.

My Player mode is great by the way, way better than last year, and the grading system is much more logical and well done.

However when I play in Association mode with the C's, I always replay the first game against Miami because I'm frustrated of losing. Not of losing in itself, that's okay, but to get blown out by Ilgauskas (the guy can't miss in the game, whether you defend him close or not he always hits his shots and he blocks at an alarming rate... talk about a reatlistic game ;D), and losing the ball almost every time I make a simple pass to see LeBron or Wade run to the other end of the court and dunk it is really annoying.

I think I will have to change the sliders but that's too bad because the game is quite realistic for, let's say, 2 quarters, and then you get blown out and you are powerless.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 05:11:06 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Just pure awesome

Playing in the My Player mode, I asked for a trade and then, in my next home game, the fans were chanting "trade him! trade him" when I was at the FT line!! And the broadcasters commented these chants too. Awesome, they really did a great job on all the details.

My Player mode is great by the way, way better than last year, and the grading system is much more logical and well done.

However when I play in Association mode with the C's, I always replay the first game against Miami because I'm frustrated of losing. Not of losing in itself, that's okay, but to get blown out by Ilgauskas (the guy can't miss in the game, whether you defend him close or not he always hits his shots and he blocks at an alarming rate... talk about a reatlistic game ;D), and losing the ball almost every time I make a simple pass to see LeBron or Wade run to the other end of the court and dunk it is really annoying.

I think I will have to change the sliders but that's too bad because the game is quite realistic for, let's say, 2 quarters, and then you get blown out and you are powerless.

I'm also struggling against the Heat myself. Right now I have the game saved at around 5 minutes left (playing 12 minute quarters) in the third quarter down 11. I keep restarting the game when they baloon the lead (yeah I'm a sore loser). Sorry, but I refuse to lose the first game of the season, atleast not officially. I'm trying to pull off a comeback, but these guys are ridiculous hard to score on in the paint.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 09:15:30 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Got the game a few days ago, really great stuff.

Some of my experiences;
- played as the 86' Cs which was great. the presentation of the game started with Kev. Mchale practicing post moves before the game with the assistant coach in an empty stadium. Very nice touch. Bird is very hard to get open (at least when playing another person) since his shot takes so long to release you can easily cheat on D.

-Started a franchise with the Wizards (wanted to rebuild a team) and used the new "find a trade" feature to rid the team of agent zero/six. I sent him to the clips for baron and eric gordon. I then sent Davis to the twolves for Love and some salary fodder. Not the most realistic of trades, but i'll take it. Association mode's presentation is so good. The Commentary and content keeps updating consistently and thoroughly.

-Also started a Myplayer. After watching csmooove's videos on youtube I thought it would be an easy mode, but it certainly isn't. I have trouble recognizing where i should be in offense and when to score/ pass/ cut.   

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I got drafted by the Wizards...not that excited about that. Any team with a legit center rules the boards, and I'm not good enough to make up for it when contested.

But, the single coolest thing? When I got subbed out I decided to look around on the bench for a while. Guess who was next to me?

Sam Cassell. Man that's cool.