Author Topic: Sources: Carmelo 4 way trade in talks  (Read 18689 times)

Re: Sources: Carmelo 4 way trade in talks
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2010, 07:37:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I can't see Carmelo agreeing to go to Philly, and I don't see what Iggy does for Denver.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2010, 07:40:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I can't see Carmelo agreeing to go to Philly, and I don't see what Iggy does for Denver.

Its rumored that Melo is vetoing the NJ trade, because of talking to other players.

If Melo thinks he has the leverage to say no to NJ, you can guarantee he's not going to Philadelphia.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2010, 08:11:25 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

I wanted to see:

Iggy to OKC,

Harden/Turner/Nick Collison to Denver

Melo to Philly

Now, would Melo sign an extension to play in Philly?
Would it help if philly also gave up, say, Kapono and louis williams in the deal and brought in Billups with Melo?

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2010, 10:21:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I wanted to see:

Iggy to OKC,

Harden/Turner/Nick Collison to Denver

Melo to Philly

Now, would Melo sign an extension to play in Philly?
Would it help if philly also gave up, say, Kapono and louis williams in the deal and brought in Billups with Melo?

Without Iggy and Turner, the best player left in Philly is a toss up between a damaged Elton Brand and Mareese Speights.

Carmelo would never go for that..just like Kobe wouldn't go for a Bulls trade that would've sent Luol Deng (before he couldn't stay healthy) to LA in return for him.

Anthony has the same leverage KG did, and until a trade comes up that works for both him (sending him to a team that is as good or better than Denver would be next season, with Melo's addition of course) and for Denver, he's staying put. Worst case Ontario, Melo plays the year out and becomes a FA.

However, I wonder how this goes with Chicago's "we won't trade Noah" ultimatum:

Quote from: ESPN Rumors
UPDATE: Alex Kennedy of HOOPSWORLD  reported Saturday that instead of checking in and getting situated like Bulls players are encouraged to do before training camp starts Monday, Noah has instead gone to France in an effort to send a message to the team.

"Chicago offered a five-year, $57 million extension that remains on the table but Noah has made it clear that it'll take more to get a deal done," he wrote. "Sources close to the situation say that Noah is looking for a five-year, $70 million extension but would likely settle for $65 million because of his love for the city and organization. Either way, it appears the two sides still have a long way to go with the October 31 deadline slowly creeping up."

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune tweeted Saturday not to read too much into Noah and the Bulls not agreeing to an extension yet.

"That's how negotiations go, especially with full month to deadline," he wrote. "And that's not saying Noah for sure will sign extension by deadline. It's saying a lot can happen in a month regarding negotiations."

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2010, 10:42:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Chicago should trade Noah for Carmelo, sign Dampier this year, and go after Perk next year.  You'd think they would have learned their lesson from not trading Deng or Hinrich for Gasol.

The idea of $13 - $14 million per season for a defending and rebounding center for very little offense sounds like a terrible idea.  That's how teams end up with Sam Dalemberts.  (Also, keep in mind that Noah hasn't always been a favorite with his coaches or his teammates.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2010, 10:46:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Chicago should trade Noah for Carmelo, sign Dampier this year, and go after Perk next year.  You'd think they would have learned their lesson from not trading Deng or Hinrich for Gasol.

Rose, Boozer, Melo, plus solid role players Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver, CJ Watson, Kurt Thomas...that's a heck of a team.

Noah might be the leader on that team (with Rose of course), but throwing a fit and flying to France to show you mean business is no way for a leader to behave.

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2010, 10:49:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Chicago should trade Noah for Carmelo, sign Dampier this year, and go after Perk next year.  You'd think they would have learned their lesson from not trading Deng or Hinrich for Gasol.

Rose, Boozer, Melo, plus solid role players Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver, CJ Watson, Kurt Thomas...that's a heck of a team.

Noah might be the leader on that team (with Rose of course), but throwing a fit and flying to France to show you mean business is no way for a leader to behave.

As I alluded to a bit, I think the "Noah as a leader" thing is overblown.  Rather, I think he's just a demonstrative guy with a big mouth.  

I mean, this is the same guy who got suspended for disrespecting and undermining a coach, and had his teammates vote to *lengthen* the suspension.

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2010, 11:01:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Chicago should trade Noah for Carmelo, sign Dampier this year, and go after Perk next year.  You'd think they would have learned their lesson from not trading Deng or Hinrich for Gasol.

As I alluded to a bit, I think the "Noah as a leader" thing is overblown.  Rather, I think he's just a demonstrative guy with a big mouth. 

I looked into this pretty hard during the CB Draft, and nearly everything I saw corroborated Noah being the leader in the Bulls' lockerroom.

an example:

Center – Joakim Noah

While Noah's numbers and minutes both jumped to an entirely different level last season, what makes him more valuable this year than ever before is his newfound respect as the vocal leader of his team. Rose is clearly the organization's poster boy and best player, but every player and person in that building will tell you that it's Noah's locker room. He's the vocal and emotional leader of the Chicago Bulls.

"I think we played real hard tonight," a dejected looking Noah said after the game. "I think they just hit some real though shots down the stretch. They didn't get fazed by our runs.

<”We can't get discouraged right now. They did what they were supposed to do. They just took care of what they had to do at home. We'll have our fans ready to go for the next game, and we'll be ready to go on Thursday."

You see, Noah didn't just score 25 points and grab 13 rebounds on Tuesday night, he single-handedly pushed his team to play at a level that they were not sure they could reach in this series. In short, he talked the talk and walked the walk, proving once again that he is the type of emotional leader that this team feeds off of when it needs a lift the most.

The confidence that he instilled in everyone, even after a loss, was apparent in the Bulls locker room after the game.

Then there is more...whatever happened in the past, Noah is seen by most people as the Bulls' leader right now.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,17315,23628,23670,25834,26328,26569,26654,26751,26762&sugexp=ldymls&tok=nXjwUk6-08m_n9XfFjZmGw&xhr=t&q=who+is+the+leader+in+the+Bulls+lockerrom&cp=40&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=f&aqi=g4g-o1&aql=&oq=who+is+the+leader+in+the+Bulls+lockerrom&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=4e781b66e30e329a

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2010, 11:25:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

As I alluded to a bit, I think the "Noah as a leader" thing is overblown.  Rather, I think he's just a demonstrative guy with a big mouth.  

I think he is very similar to Perk.  He leads by example, playing with a ton of emotion and giving it everything he has every second he is out there.  He is also immature, and lacks the self control and mental game to be counted on as a leader off the court.  I think he is absolutely a positive influence on a team overall, because his enthusiasm is contagious, but if we are talking about a real team leader to build your team around, I don't think he is the man you want.

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2010, 01:55:48 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

As I alluded to a bit, I think the "Noah as a leader" thing is overblown.  Rather, I think he's just a demonstrative guy with a big mouth. 

I think he is very similar to Perk.  He leads by example, playing with a ton of emotion and giving it everything he has every second he is out there.  He is also immature, and lacks the self control and mental game to be counted on as a leader off the court.  I think he is absolutely a positive influence on a team overall, because his enthusiasm is contagious, but if we are talking about a real team leader to build your team around, I don't think he is the man you want.

I've grown to actually respect Noah's game since our playoff series with the Bulls. He's a great talent.. Now, I'd agree with you when you say he isn't someone you should really try to build a team around but his defensive and rebounding skills make him almost invaluable.

He kind of reminds me of a Marcus Camby, but with a little more polish on the offensive end. Amazing role player and he has the same effect on the crowd that Nate Robinson has. He brings the life into a building and that's always important, especially during the playoffs.

I don't think the Bulls can be real contenders if they end up trading Noah for Carmelo, honestly. I know they should have traded some of their young players in the past (Or Pierce, Allen, KG, Gasol) when they had the chance, but I don't think this is the time to let Noah go. They would have no decent center (Boozer would be a disaster) They would be stuck in the same place as the Magic. Almost a legit contender, but not quite.

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2010, 02:26:52 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Perk is on a team with HOF caliber veteran players, so he doesn't have a leadership role. Perhaps he could on another team.

Noah has been vocal since his rookie year about working hard and not accepting losing. On his team with less established players, he can be more of a leader than Perk can.

I'm not sure how he lacks self-control.

« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2010, 12:27:06 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Carmelo Puts Opening Night With Denver Odds At 50-50

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69393/20101003/carmelo_puts_opening_night_with_denver_odds_at_50_50/

Carmelo Anthony remains a member of the Nuggets and was asked on Saturday if he expects to still be with the team on opening night.

"I don't know, man," said Anthony. "I don't know. I'm taking it day by day. It's possible that I will be here opening night."

Anthony has been more accommodating to the media than he was before the 09-10 season.

"I have some say-so, some leverage. But right now, I'm loving basketball, being here in the gym, working out, playing, having fun, talking trash to the guys, that's what keeps me going. . . . Whatever decision I make is for me and my family, nothing else. It doesn't have anything to do with me not liking the team or anything like that. . . .

"Everybody has an opinion, everybody's been calling and wondering what I'm going to do. It's funny to me."

« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2010, 01:48:46 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

I mean, this is the same guy who got suspended for disrespecting and undermining a coach, and had his teammates vote to *lengthen* the suspension.
TP Noah has ran his mouth at the wrong times during the playoffs when his team is on the losing end.You can't be a leader on a team when you are still got areas of your game to work on yourself.He is not the finished product himself last time i ck'd.Good luck Tibbs because from some of the things ive read and heard from Noah in the past he might become your worst critic if he feels things are not going right.
  Noah is not my idea of what a team leader should be at this stage in his career.Maybe a new coach,new team mates will change some things but he seems to think he's better than he really is at times.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:55:15 PM by housecall »