Author Topic: NBA Elite 11 demo  (Read 6061 times)

NBA Elite 11 demo
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
The Demo is on XBL and PSN

Let me know your thoughts on it.  I am still @ work and wont be playing it for a couple of hours.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410919/

NBA ELITE 11 reinvents the basketball experience and gives you the ability to take control and showcase your skills. Driven by Real Physics and an all-new Hands-On Control system, NBA ELITE 11 is the first basketball game to feel like NBA Basketball. There is a learning curve to the new controls, but put in your time, and you'll feel the difference. If you feel like you need to go back to the old controls, you can switch back through teh pause menu during your Lakers vs Celtics game. Play the demo today to relive the 4th quarter of game #7 of the 2010 Finals, take it to the rim with some one on one versus Kevin Durant, and play the all-new Become Legendary – Be A Pro mode. Starting in the Jordan Draft Showcase game, create your player and play to earn a projected draft position and bring your progress to the full retail version of NBA ELITE 11. NBA ELITE 11, available October 5.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:12:29 PM by Assassin70 »
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

Re: NBA Elite 11 demo
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:08:03 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
FYI .. PSN is down today folks
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Yup but who are you kidding, you know if psn network was up the demo still wouldnt be up  ::)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
Yup but who are you kidding, you know if psn network was up the demo still wouldnt be up  ::)

What can I say .. I'm a hopeless optimist!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Doh forgot is was down :(

My bad.

I usually stick to XBox, and only use PS3 as BluRay player unless one of their AAA games comes out.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:28:12 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Ummm played the demo the new controls seemed good on paper but executing them in the live game was problematic.

Graphics are terrible imo.

I see promise but still light years away from 2K.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:51:04 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
Ummm played the demo the new controls seemed good on paper but executing them in the live game was problematic.

Played the demo last night. It might be just that I'm so used to the older ones but I didn't like the new contols at all.  I like the extra skill level in shooting but nothing else.  Even with that, if it's a precision meter that you are supposed to control - why use the analogue stick?  The buttons would have given better accuracy, wouldn't they?

Is it time for me to switch to 2K? 

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 08:31:48 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
From looking at videos of the demo online, it really doesn't look elite 11 is even close to the level of 2k11 (it's a demo of course so the real product might be lightyears better).

The animations look quite bad. AI looks utterly disastrous; poor shot selections, poor reactions and spacing, poor pass selections.

Why on earth would they get rid of the sprint button in a basketball game?! I don't mind not having it in Madden 11, but for game where change of pace is so critical and such a useful way to beat a player it makes no sense. 

Great idea to make shooting skill based, but it still needs some refinement. The crowd sounds great, really lively atmosphere.   

There is already apparently a patch for the DEMO about to be released, so I hope this makes the game seem more playable.

Still no going past NBA 2k11 this year however. It could be one of the all-time best Bball game releases... 

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Played the demo last night. It might be just that I'm so used to the older ones but I didn't like the new contols at all.  I like the extra skill level in shooting but nothing else.  Even with that, if it's a precision meter that you are supposed to control - why use the analogue stick?  The buttons would have given better accuracy, wouldn't they?

Is it time for me to switch to 2K? 

It was time to switch back in 2006.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 10:11:13 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
i havent downloaded any of the demo's but i've seen gameplay vids of both Elite and 2k in youtube. And it doesn't even look close.

i was a huge Live fan before but Live 2007 was the most garbage basketball game i've ever played. I made the full switch to 2k in 2k8 and it seems that i've made the right choice. Definitely going to get 2k11 over Elite 11 this year.

- LilRip
- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 10:33:06 AM »

Offline slam

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
are both these games on PC?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 11:51:01 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
are both these games on PC?

Dont think Elite is on PC but I might be wrong.

I played the demo a little more and still cant get a hang of shooting.  In principal it is the same but it just does not feel right to much to do.   :(

I am sure with more practice this control scheme might not only be ideal but might become overpowerful in the right hands.

Red Auerbach