0 (0%)
Angel
1 (1.7%)
Hawkman
0 (0%)
The Human Torch
2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Who's your favorite superhero?  (Read 30651 times)

Re: Who's your favorite superhero?
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 08:14:36 PM »

Kiorrik

At work, tagging this to respond later :p

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Benjamin Jacob "Ben" Grimm, ("Aunt Petunia's favorite nephew"), commonly known as The Thing! Without a doubt my favorite ... personality, looks, attitude, compassion, fearlessness ... the guy had it all! "It's clobberrin' time!" One of the original founding members of the Fantastic Four.

The Thing rules!

After that, it's a family thing:

The Incredibles!

Also love: Hancock, (keepin' it real), The Tick, Spidey, Green Lantern, Batman, Leonardo, (of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Underdog, and of course, Mighty Mouse.

TP for the Incredibles love.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Here's the one we need!

Yup

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2011, 08:40:19 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Was always a Spidey guy, loved Iron Man, Wolverine and the X-men in general. Even though the art sucked in the late 80's-early 90's IMO, I liked the X-men story lines a lot. Was a big fan of the McFarlane Spidey's--now the art in the new comics is amazing--all the Civil War graphic novels are sick. I feel foolish buying them now, but my wife is a library director, so I have her bring them home for me! LOL!

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Green Lantern

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 10:11:09 PM »

Offline shoyukenn

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Add Phoenix / Jean Grey as an option and we're cool

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 11:29:14 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
In the comics it's superman, but when you add movies and cartoons in it's spiderman. I'll give a shout to Green Arrow too, underrated.

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2011, 09:44:30 AM »

Kiorrik

The Good Guys:

Past:

Gambit aka Remy LeBeau

I throw stuff. Anything that's not bolted to a wall, floor or ceiling, is in danger of being chucked out windows, off balconies or just into the distance. For some reason, I've always enjoyed throwing any- and every-thing that I could pry loose, and this (sometimes bad, sometimes fun) habit lingers until this very day.

Gambit is very much like me: he too can charge anything he touches with tremendous force, and has the added benefit of finding great pleasure in tossing those things about... or maybe it was the other way around, whatever works out to be right.

Apart from that, he's in love with the hottest chick on the X-Men squad; Rogue. You know, that chick which will always be out of his reach due to her powers. It's such an ironic thing. Love it.

And the French accent just ROCKS.

Present:

Deadpool

Deadpool, aka the "Merc with a Mouth", is the funniest character in the entire Marvel universe. (opinion alert back there :p) His ability to break the Fourth Wall allows him to know what's going on at any given time, crack the most random jokes you'll ever encounter and kind of pulls him a lot closer to the reader than any character will ever get. It's really amazing.

I really do hope they decide to make a movie with him as the main character, because Wolverine really didn't do him justice. Ryan Reynolds was a perfect cast, though, have to give 'm that much.

Favorite Bad Guy:

Omega Red

A Russian soldier that underwent the same kind of treatments as Wolverine, Omega is by far my favorite adversary of the X-Men. He's just beyond awesome, with his tentacles and death-dealing gasses. Hah. He basically grabs you, and then proceeds to "gass" you to death, lol! :D

Awesome.

Honorary mention:

The Joker

Now, the Joker has always been a staple villain of the Batman series. He's a dark, twisted character in an even darker world. A crossover between Stephen King's "IT" and a roulette wheel, this unpredictable piece of work is one of the most imaginative and evil villains ever to be captured in frames.

What makes him so brilliant to me, is his randomness. He'll do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, however he wants. If hit hurts himself too, that's just fine. As long as in the end, chaos is the result.

People tend to argue over who was a better Joker: Jack or Heath... well, honestly, I think the credit SHOULD lie with Jerry Robinson, Bill Finger and Bob Kane, who came up with this dark, evil villain.

Oh, it *does* help that the guy likes pranks, jokes and anything funny.

Ps.: I never got into collecting comics for one simple reason:

I *know* I'd get totally, utterly, wholly addicted to it. FACT.

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I think The Flash is pretty underrated.  His character in the Justice League show was great.  He was also key to most of the Crisis storylines in the comic books (which are great by the way).

Wolverine and Captain America are great too.  Being over 100 years old and not aging adds another level to the depth of their characters.  Seeing Wolverine in WWII in the movie was cool, I would have enjoyed seeing more of that.