Author Topic: The West's Decline  (Read 4112 times)

Re: The West's Decline
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 04:07:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I believe we can beat the Lakers, no matter how good they look. a 4 pt win, with our starting center on the bench doesn't convince me of any dynasty talk from Laker land.

And Ron Ron will have to convince me again in another 7 game series that he is in fact a bonafide Pierce stopper.

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I think the West is going through an aged period with wear and tear, plus trades of course

Think in the past 5-1- years, the West included primed TimDuncan, TMac, Kobe, Shaq, Yao, Dirk, etc

Now all these players are fading out and newer younger players are taking over, while the East is getting more players, as the OP said.

Boston big 3, Chicago "big 3", Miami big 3

I expect the East to take over the Allstar games for the next 7  years
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 04:33:40 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Lakers are 2 or 3 deep in every position. I can't find one flaw in that team. I used to think Fisher was their weakest link. That is until he blanketed Ray in the finals. They added more size, defense, and shooting. They still have Kobe, I consider him the best offensive weapon in the NBA. Pau Gasol is in the prime of his career. And the Pierce stopper Artest. Phil Jackson is back. I don't even know if the East can compete with the Lakers, let alone a depleted weak West. Lakers have set themselves another 2-3 years championship basketball.

Ray was killing Fisher until Artest kneed Ray in the thigh. Pierce got his season average vs Artest. I don't see why the East would be unable to compete with a team that barely beat us last year.

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I believe we can beat the Lakers, no matter how good they look. a 4 pt win, with our starting center on the bench doesn't convince me of any dynasty talk from Laker land.

And Ron Ron will have to convince me again in another 7 game series that he is in fact a bonafide Pierce stopper.
TP...Artest got away with a lot of dirty play in that series.He also slowed up Ray with a knee to the thigh that hinder Ray from playing at the top of his game.Ron got away with a lot.Hopefully,if the two teams meet again the officiating will not have the effect on the series as they did this past season.I don't care what the final score says,the best team got screwed by a lot of poor officiating.

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 05:57:09 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Lakers are 2 or 3 deep in every position. I can't find one flaw in that team. I used to think Fisher was their weakest link. That is until he blanketed Ray in the finals. They added more size, defense, and shooting. They still have Kobe, I consider him the best offensive weapon in the NBA. Pau Gasol is in the prime of his career. And the Pierce stopper Artest. Phil Jackson is back. I don't even know if the East can compete with the Lakers, let alone a depleted weak West. Lakers have set themselves another 2-3 years championship basketball.

Let's not have the 2010-2011 season...just give them another ring.

I hear what you are saying and agree with most of your points.  But having said all that... I am sorry the Lakers are not unbeatable.  And I am tired of everyone thinking they are.

This is going to be the year the Lakers implode. I fully admit I don't have any basis of logic for saying this. But the Lakers are due for something bad to happen to them.  This will be their Murphy's law year.  You can take that to the bank.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach