Author Topic: Thunder Outlook by Etan Thomas  (Read 777 times)

Thunder Outlook by Etan Thomas
« on: September 17, 2010, 10:34:33 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Very cool read.  A friend told me he wrote a blog article about the Thunder and I immediately thought he would be talking trash on OKC because of the lack of minutes given to him.  I was completely wrong.

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/thomas/2010/09/14/thunder-are-the-future/

Worth a full read, but here are a couple of quotes:
I wanted to write an article thanking the Oklahoma City Thunder and the entire state of Oklahoma. I had a great time there, and that organization really has something special. From top to bottom they are really a first-class organization.
Re:  Durant
Everyone sees him going to chapel before the game and they start going as well. Everything starts with him, and when you have a leader like that, good things will happen. He doesn’t have to yell, curse teammates out, embarrass anyone. He leads by example, and at such a young age, it really was amazing to see that level of maturity.
Re:  Sam Presti
the way that Sam Presti runs the Oklahoma City Thunder pays off in dividends. He is honest, straight-forward, holds everyone to a certain standard of discipline, and keeps his word. Any player can tell you that this isn’t always the case with GMs.
Re:  Fans
The fans are amazing. Like nothing, I have ever seen before. We had great fans in DC, don’t get me wrong. But the Oklahoma City fans gave the entire team a standing ovation for about 20 minutes after the playoff loss to the Lakers. I never heard anyone boo us no matter how bad we played. They were with us win lose or draw. In good times and bad times, it was really similar to a college atmosphere

It takes quite a mature person to be able to handle his lack of playing time in stride and come out with this article.  I am now going to be a fan of Etan..

Re: Thunder Outlook by Etan Thomas
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:53:10 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I agree about the fans there.  It's like going to going to a college game.  Fans are great...Polite even to us wearing C's jerseys....And they are LOUD.  Great atmosphere.