Author Topic: Delonte West talked about Shaq in Cavs  (Read 6073 times)

Delonte West talked about Shaq in Cavs
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:37:38 AM »

Offline MG1

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
For example, when teammate Delonte West had personal issues and legal trouble last offseason, he soon found himself being constantly pulled aside by a 7-foot-1, 300-whatever-pound counselor who took particular interest in helping someone in need.

West is taking a low public profile this season, refusing all interviews. But when he learned the topic was Shaq, there were some strong thoughts West wanted to share, that he needed to share.

"This is about Shaq?" he asked.

About Shaq, yes.

"Well then, you need to know something. He's like a big brother for me right now, as far as everything that's going on in my life. Just seeing how he handles things is an inspiration to me. This is someone who has been around the world. He gives me advice every day. He'll lay down and die for you, and that's my type of guy. He's an amazing person, someone I can't even begin to describe. A big influence in my life."

Sources:

As career winds down, Shaq finds new ways to shine
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/shaun_powell/12/30/shaq.evolution/index.html

-----------------------------------

It seems Shaq has helped Delnote a lot, and Delonte has great respect for Shaq.

Re: Delonte West talked about Shaq in Cavs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:50:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That's great to hear.  Some people were leaking that Shaq was a locker room distraction in Cleveland, but as far Delonte goes, that doesn't seem to have been the case.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:52:04 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I really want to go to a team dinner...Shaq, DWest, Baby, Nate - man that would have some interesting conversations
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 10:40:38 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Very nice to hear!

Also, I wonder if this pun was intended...
He's an amazing person, someone I can't even begin to describe. A big influence in my life.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 11:37:38 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Just another reason why I love the Shaq signing... A lot of people think he may be a locker room distraction because of his high profile and interviews and tv personality... But he knows the ins and outs of the league and the big aristotle will be able to bring the locker room together nicely.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

"This is about Shaq?" he asked.

About Shaq, yes.

"Well then, you need to know something. He's like a big brother for me right now, as far as everything that's going on in my life. Just seeing how he handles things is an inspiration to me. This is someone who has been around the world. He gives me advice every day. He'll lay down and die for you, and that's my type of guy. He's an amazing person, someone I can't even begin to describe. A big influence in my life."

Nice find.... thanks for sharing... gotta love "The Big Aristotle."
JB - "Yes Indeed!"

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 02:01:06 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
This may not be on the line of possibly being a locker room distraction but i read an article at Fan Nation where Doc said in a radio interview in Orlando recently on Shaq's playing time.When Doc asked Shaq if he would be ok with 10-15minutes a night,his response was "absolutely coach".Doc said in interview,they all say that in August but when it comes time to actually do it that becomes a different story.He went on to say its hard for a guy whose use to having the ball a lot accept a lesser role.
  When i looked up Shaq's mpg he average around 23 mins.last season.It sounds like there wont be that many for him,according to Doc's words in that radio interview.Could that possibly lead to problems?

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 08:50:08 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I look for the Shaqster to play a Waltonesque role (a la 1986). Only difference here is that our starting center is going to be out until at least January rehabbing his knee. So the Junior O'Neal needs to play a Parishesque Role. And Delonte West can be a fine replacement for Tony Allen. But so can Marquis Daniels.

Celtics are capable of great things in 2011. We just need to extract that potential.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I really want to go to a team dinner...Shaq, DWest, Baby, Nate - man that would have some interesting conversations
Also, probably very little leftovers. ;D

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 11:35:13 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Also, probably very little leftovers. ;D
If nate and delonte arent aware enough
only 3 will leave the restaurant
assuming cd is big enough to survive
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!