Author Topic: Jamal Crawford to ask for trade...  (Read 10786 times)

Re: Jamal Crawford to ask for trade...
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 12:59:58 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I can't believe that an employee, dissatisfied with the lack of a clear future with his employer would use one of his few recourses to assure that future. OUTRAGEOUS!

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
I can't believe that an employee, dissatisfied with the lack of a clear future with his employer would use one of his few recourses to assure that future. OUTRAGEOUS!

Amen. Tommy Point!

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
Crawford, Bibby, and Josh Smith for Carmelo and Billups works, and doesn't seem too unreasonable for either team. Obviously it's better for Atlanta, but is Denver going to do better than Josh Smith on a reasonable contract in exchange for Carmelo?

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Crawford, Bibby, and Josh Smith for Carmelo and Billups works, and doesn't seem too unreasonable for either team. Obviously it's better for Atlanta, but is Denver going to do better than Josh Smith on a reasonable contract in exchange for Carmelo?

No, and Bibby off the bench is not a bad situation for Denver.

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 02:13:45 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Hmm interesting proposal... Could be the best deal the Nuggets would be able to get for Melo. Helps both teams IMO. Nice work.

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 02:14:04 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Crawford, who is in the final year of a contract that will pay him $10 million this season, approached the Hawks the first week of July about an extension. But Atlanta general manager Rick Sund has not made Crawford an offer.

The sides are scheduled to meet next week and if the Hawks do not make Crawford an offer he considers reasonable, he will ask to be traded, according to sources. Crawford is looking for a three- or four-year extension worth about the same annual amount he will make this season.
He is delusional ... asking for $10-11 million a season.

Crawford is worth half of that. Maybe $7 million a year if he can consistently repeat his career season from last year over the course of his contract.
$7 is solid, he's a [dang] good player

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I don't see anything wrong in Jamal Crawford requesting a trade if the Hawks are not interested in re-signing him.

exactly this makes alot of sense.

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 04:11:49 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't see anything wrong in Jamal Crawford requesting a trade if the Hawks are not interested in re-signing him.
His contract demands are nuts though.

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 05:01:44 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Let's sign and trade Scal! ;D

Brilliant!

But seriously, Crawford is not a guy I want on my team. Sure, when he's hot he's "unstoppable", but that's the same with everyone in the league.

Ray for Jamal straight up (the salaries do match) is crazy. Ray basically has an unwritten no-trade clause this year.

Picture Ray in Atlanta...I simply can't see that.

Also, it's worth noting that none of us are as patient as Ainge. I'm sure he's got Tayshaun Prince on board for Feb ;)
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29

Well, it's not like we are talking about a factory worker who is concerned about the future of his company. We are talking about a multi-million dollar athlete, who, if he is the least bit responsible is already set for life.

This isn't about stabilizing your future at a job, it's about greed. He is good enough to sign easily somewhere else if Atlanta doesn't meet his demands.

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 05:32:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Well, it's not like we are talking about a factory worker who is concerned about the future of his company. We are talking about a multi-million dollar athlete, who, if he is the least bit responsible is already set for life.

This isn't about stabilizing your future at a job, it's about greed. He is good enough to sign easily somewhere else if Atlanta doesn't meet his demands.

Why should anyone continue to work at a place where they feel unwanted and underappreciated? That's nonsense. Regardless of how much money is being paid, if a person feels the place where they work is unfulfilling and unrewarding then they absolutely should be allowed to seek new employment elsewhere by whatever means don't violate their contract. The amount the person is being paid doesn't enter in to this situation.

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 06:07:22 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29

Why should anyone continue to work at a place where they feel unwanted and underappreciated? That's nonsense. Regardless of how much money is being paid, if a person feels the place where they work is unfulfilling and unrewarding then they absolutely should be allowed to seek new employment elsewhere by whatever means don't violate their contract. The amount the person is being paid doesn't enter in to this situation.

This isn't a perfect world. All 7 billion people can't wake up to a job of unicorns and rainbows. It would certainly be nice if everybody could have their dream job but most can't and never will. Several million would just like to have a job anywhere at this point. Maybe if Mr. Crawford stood in an unemployment line for a little while he might be humbled and be more appreciative of his lot in life.

Having someone who is set for life, playing basketball for a living with a winning team to say, 'Guarantee me $30-$40 million more dollars or I don't want to play with you anymore' is a bit petty. If Atlanta doesn't want to give him an extension he will still be paid his current contract and they would likely trade him before letting him walk for nothing anyway.

I understand your viewpoint and all. I just would like to see some of these professional athletes be a little more grateful for the wonderful situations they are in. Only a professional athlete could feel unwanted and under-appreciated at $10 million a year playing a major role for a winning team.

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

This isn't a perfect world. All 7 billion people can't wake up to a job of unicorns and rainbows. It would certainly be nice if everybody could have their dream job but most can't and never will. Several million would just like to have a job anywhere at this point. Maybe if Mr. Crawford stood in an unemployment line for a little while he might be humbled and be more appreciative of his lot in life.

Having someone who is set for life, playing basketball for a living with a winning team to say, 'Guarantee me $30-$40 million more dollars or I don't want to play with you anymore' is a bit petty. If Atlanta doesn't want to give him an extension he will still be paid his current contract and they would likely trade him before letting him walk for nothing anyway.

I understand your viewpoint and all. I just would like to see some of these professional athletes be a little more grateful for the wonderful situations they are in. Only a professional athlete could feel unwanted and under-appreciated at $10 million a year playing a major role for a winning team.

Grateful? Grateful that they pushed themselves to be able to compete at this level? Grateful that they push themselves well beyond the limits of human endurance? Grateful that they risk serious bodily injury every practice? Grateful they spent years preparing themselves to be a player who can attract this level of money in the current market?

Who exactly should they be grateful to? Aside from themselves. They should be very appreciative for all the hard work they've done, and a way to do that is to make sure you get market value for all your efforts.

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This is getting ridiculous. First of all I don't get why some of these players are so hooked on wanting to get traded?

Everyone's panicking about getting a contract locked down before the upcoming CBA negotiations.  Salaries are likely to drop substantially, so players want to get as many guaranteed years as possible under their belts before the end of next season. 

And of course the teams want the opposite - to wait until salaries drop to sign contracts or extensions.  So there'll be more of this ahead.

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
We're supposed to feel sorry for a professional athlete who's salary this year should be enough for life (for several families)?

Please