Author Topic: Jamal Crawford to ask for trade...  (Read 10813 times)

Jamal Crawford to ask for trade...
« on: August 27, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5504907

Looks like Jamal Crawford might ask for a trade. The Hawks are pretty tied up financially, I dont think they are going to give him an extension and look elsewhere to get some value and cap room in return.

I would expect a team like the Knicks to make a run at him, other than that I'm not sure who would be in the mix.

I won't even start the "can we get him here" talk because there is no way, so I'll leave that up to some of you.  ;D

Re: Jamal Crawford to ask for trade...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Ok this is getting out of hand with players asking to be traded.  I believe Crawford just signed a deal with Atlanta last season (He may have been traded I don't remember), but seriously this is getting ridiculous.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Ok this is getting out of hand with players asking to be traded.  I believe Crawford just signed a deal with Atlanta last season (He may have been traded I don't remember), but seriously this is getting ridiculous.

Yeah.  What gives with these players who feel the slightest bit discontent and then ask/demand a trade?  This summer its been Chris Paul, Rudy, Anthony, Crawford... are there others I'm missing?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 09:28:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Crawford, who is in the final year of a contract that will pay him $10 million this season, approached the Hawks the first week of July about an extension. But Atlanta general manager Rick Sund has not made Crawford an offer.

The sides are scheduled to meet next week and if the Hawks do not make Crawford an offer he considers reasonable, he will ask to be traded, according to sources. Crawford is looking for a three- or four-year extension worth about the same annual amount he will make this season.
He is delusional ... asking for $10-11 million a season.

Crawford is worth half of that. Maybe $7 million a year if he can consistently repeat his career season from last year over the course of his contract.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Crawford, who is in the final year of a contract that will pay him $10 million this season, approached the Hawks the first week of July about an extension. But Atlanta general manager Rick Sund has not made Crawford an offer.

The sides are scheduled to meet next week and if the Hawks do not make Crawford an offer he considers reasonable, he will ask to be traded, according to sources. Crawford is looking for a three- or four-year extension worth about the same annual amount he will make this season.

Crawford is worth half of that. Maybe $7 million a year if he can consistently repeat his career season from last year over the course of his contract.

It's true, even $7 million is expensive. At this stage in his career he's an MLE player on the open market at best.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 10:21:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Yeah, that is nuts.

But some fool GM next year with cap space to burn and an antsy fan base will probably give it to him, just to make a splash in the headlines.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 10:43:20 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
This is getting ridiculous. First of all I don't get why some of these players are so hooked on wanting to get traded?

It's like...my way or the high way kind of a thing. If the player isn't for whatever satisfied with his current team, all he does is ask for a trade because he can't wait for his contract to expire, and if the organization doesn't trade him...then there is a chance the player might tank for the season.

Anyways I guess this was bound to happen, since now-a-days players are put above the game itself.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 11:34:04 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
This is getting ridiculous. First of all I don't get why some of these players are so hooked on wanting to get traded?

It's like...my way or the high way kind of a thing. If the player isn't for whatever satisfied with his current team, all he does is ask for a trade because he can't wait for his contract to expire, and if the organization doesn't trade him...then there is a chance the player might tank for the season.

Anyways I guess this was bound to happen, since now-a-days players are put above the game itself.

I never really thought of the players above the game or team part with this problem, but it is the direct source.  Thank you David Stern  ::)!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 01:27:55 AM »

Offline KobeGotRondoD

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 27

It's true, even $7 million is expensive. At this stage in his career he's an MLE player on the open market at best.

No way! if ray allen is worth $10 million, Crawford is definitely worth at least $10mill. He's in the prime of his career and when he's hot he's unstoppable... easily one of the best offensive players in the league. i would trade ray allen for him in a heartbeat. I know there's the issue of defense but for what it's worth, we'd be trading for a valuable piece right now and for the future because he's young and the upside is better than the down which we cannot say the same about ray. trade him danny. do work.

THE SALARIES MATCH UP TOO! STR8 UP TRADE!

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 02:07:49 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
This seems like the appropriate time to inform everyone that I will be asking for a trade. My first choice is the Laker board. Any questions, talk to my agent.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 08:40:12 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't see anything wrong in Jamal Crawford requesting a trade if the Hawks are not interested in re-signing him.

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
This seems like the appropriate time to inform everyone that I will be asking for a trade. My first choice is the Laker board. Any questions, talk to my agent.

I hear we're sending you to the Timberwolves board. They offered a better deal (draft picks, a poster to be named later and a year's worth of Caribou Coffee).  ;D

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Jamal figures he can't spend the 6th Man of the Year trophy,he rather get paid...the Hawks made a big mistake when they overpaid J.Johnson and didn't take care of him.

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

I hear we're sending you to the Timberwolves board. They offered a better deal (draft picks, a poster to be named later and a year's worth of Caribou Coffee).  ;D

LOL, TP's for both of you.

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 12:55:48 PM »

Offline revcummings

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
Let's sign and trade Scal! ;D