Author Topic: Boston's Top 50 Athletes of All-Time  (Read 1839 times)

Boston's Top 50 Athletes of All-Time
« on: August 23, 2010, 06:34:28 PM »

Offline celticsfan34

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 32
I figured I would post this on here. A lot of Celtics on my list! The most storied Boston team of 'em all. It's way too much writing to put into just one post so I'll post my "introduction" with a link for further reading. If you just want to skim through names that's cool. Criticism is also welcome. I wrote this all on my own and did all the research myself. Bounced the idea for list order off a few other people. I really put a lot of work into this though and just want some feedback. Thanks in advance.

With the Red Sox on the brink of kissing their season goodbye and nothing else really going on in the Boston sports world, it felt like a good time to take a look at history.

Boston is one of the most storied sports towns of all-time. Heck, it's one of the most storied towns of all-time period. Many great athletes have come and gone. Others have never left.

Fifty of those athletes stand out above the rest. They come in all shapes and sizes and each have their own unique skill-sets and personalities.

There is a lot that goes into a great player. Individual statistics are certainly important but in Boston the players that are valued the most are winners. Character also plays a very significant role.

This list is going to debatable because there is never going to be a consensus list. Players are going to get left off and that's just the nature of the beast. Players are going to get snubbed in terms of positioning. Once again, that's just the way it is. I also tried to stay away from players that were so retro that they played in the 19th century.

The one thing that matters is that all of these players have made unique, significant contributions to Boston sports. They all belong in the hearts and memories of the fans who cheered them on (or continue to cheer them on to this day).

These are the greatest players in the history of Boston sports. There will certainly be players that get off the list, but with so many to choose from it became difficult. Let's take a look at the players who did belong though.

Debate is welcome and encouraged. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion; that is exactly why I decided to create this list. There's nothing wrong with getting the blood flowing behind your computer screen as long as you stay classy about it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/438166-bostons-top-50-athletes-of-all-time

Anybody who wants to argue the order of the list, I'm open to any opinions.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:39:49 PM by celticsfan34 »