Author Topic: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League (Looking for ONE owner)  (Read 632585 times)

Re: CB Long Term Keeper H2H League
« Reply #2490 on: October 11, 2013, 12:22:38 PM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!
Let's give Shabazz Muhammad to the Juggs and keep it moving to RIPRED

Why couldn't I make my own pick?  I checked in the afternoon and two picks before me were taken.  I would have posted, but didn't want to tip my hand as to who I was picking.  I wanted Olynyk.  Is it too late to change that?

« Reply #2491 on: October 11, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Why couldn't I make my own pick?  I checked in the afternoon and two picks before me were taken.  I would have posted, but didn't want to tip my hand as to who I was picking.  I wanted Olynyk.  Is it too late to change that?

KO went third:

1)   Toine's Boys   - Oladipo
2)   Juggernauts!   - Porter
3)   Crotors - Olynyk   

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #2492 on: October 11, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

I speak unofficially of course, but since nobody after you has drafted yet, probably not a problem if you change the pick if you wanted somebody other than Muhammad (highest player available) or Olynyk (already drafted).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #2493 on: October 11, 2013, 12:53:07 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Yea I don't mind letting bdubs making a pick now since ripred hasn't gone yet.

« Reply #2494 on: October 11, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
Yea I don't mind letting bdubs making a pick now since ripred hasn't gone yet.

Sorry guys, it's been a long day. I can wait for bdubs if he wants to re-pick. If not I'll pick now. Let me know what to do.

« Reply #2495 on: October 11, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
As far as the question about guys contract years...When they're picked up as free agents in the middle of the season they should have a 2 year contract.  If they showed up as zeroes in this preseason that is a clerical error.  Let me know of any such cases and I'll fix them up.

If you want Jack back on the team I can put him back on.

A little confused about this, so clear this up for me.

So no matter what, if we pick up a free agent during the season, he's given a 2 year contract?  For example, last offseason I had both Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, on what I felt were pretty good deals (like $12 I think) with contracts lengths of 0, but due to their old age, I didn't want to extend them and add $5 to their contracts, so I just let them play out their contracts and now they've been automatically dropped from my roster.

Now say for whatever reason, I dropped them the last week of the season, anybody would be able to pick them up and get a 2 year contract on them even though they were supposed to be free agents this offseason?

Which leads to my next question, what about salaries?  If you pick up a free agent who already had a contract that year, you pick up his salary too?  Or do you get whatever you bid on him in the FAAB process?

So say I dropped Kevin Garnett with a 0 for years left and a salary of $12.
Somebody bids $1 for him through FAAB.  Do they get him for $12/2 or $1/2 or something different entirely?

Not quite sure on how all this works.

For an actual scenario, I picked up Wilson Chandler with a $1 bid mid-season, he has a contract of $4/0 right now, so he should either be $4/1 or $1/1, right?  Which one is it?

Short and simple answer.  Once a guy is cut and clears waivers all of his contract & salary info resets.  All players picked up by either the annual auction or FAAB have the bid amount as their salary and a 2 year contract with an option at the 3rd year (unless they are cut in which case go to the top of the flow chart).

The salaries/contracts of free agents who are signed have to be input into the CBS system manually, so there is a chance of human error.

If you picked up a guy last year and he's still on your roster he should have a 1 contract right now.  Please let me know if there are any cases that need fixing.

I'm just catching up on this thread, so I'm seeing this for the first time. I picked up Aaron Afflalo last season for low money, but his contract stayed at $38 (or something in that range, I don't remember the exact number). I cut him because of his large contract. Do I have the option to bring him back at the low dollar or contract, or is he gone for good?

It's not a huge deal either way, but I'm also not sure I would have cut him from my roster if he was only making a few dollars.

« Reply #2496 on: October 11, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
As far as the question about guys contract years...When they're picked up as free agents in the middle of the season they should have a 2 year contract.  If they showed up as zeroes in this preseason that is a clerical error.  Let me know of any such cases and I'll fix them up.

If you want Jack back on the team I can put him back on.

A little confused about this, so clear this up for me.

So no matter what, if we pick up a free agent during the season, he's given a 2 year contract?  For example, last offseason I had both Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, on what I felt were pretty good deals (like $12 I think) with contracts lengths of 0, but due to their old age, I didn't want to extend them and add $5 to their contracts, so I just let them play out their contracts and now they've been automatically dropped from my roster.

Now say for whatever reason, I dropped them the last week of the season, anybody would be able to pick them up and get a 2 year contract on them even though they were supposed to be free agents this offseason?

Which leads to my next question, what about salaries?  If you pick up a free agent who already had a contract that year, you pick up his salary too?  Or do you get whatever you bid on him in the FAAB process?

So say I dropped Kevin Garnett with a 0 for years left and a salary of $12.
Somebody bids $1 for him through FAAB.  Do they get him for $12/2 or $1/2 or something different entirely?

Not quite sure on how all this works.

For an actual scenario, I picked up Wilson Chandler with a $1 bid mid-season, he has a contract of $4/0 right now, so he should either be $4/1 or $1/1, right?  Which one is it?

Short and simple answer.  Once a guy is cut and clears waivers all of his contract & salary info resets.  All players picked up by either the annual auction or FAAB have the bid amount as their salary and a 2 year contract with an option at the 3rd year (unless they are cut in which case go to the top of the flow chart).

The salaries/contracts of free agents who are signed have to be input into the CBS system manually, so there is a chance of human error.

If you picked up a guy last year and he's still on your roster he should have a 1 contract right now.  Please let me know if there are any cases that need fixing.

I'm just catching up on this thread, so I'm seeing this for the first time. I picked up Aaron Afflalo last season for low money, but his contract stayed at $38 (or something in that range, I don't remember the exact number). I cut him because of his large contract. Do I have the option to bring him back at the low dollar or contract, or is he gone for good?

It's not a huge deal either way, but I'm also not sure I would have cut him from my roster if he was only making a few dollars.

Yep you can

Just let me know what the salary was

In a perfect world it would be best if everyone double checked these things after the I ritual transactions and sent a heads up then.
Yup

« Reply #2497 on: October 11, 2013, 11:02:16 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I'm lost.  What's going on?
Yup

« Reply #2498 on: October 12, 2013, 01:58:59 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I'll take part of the blame for not being able to be on top of things as much as I'd like to be, but we're kind of a rough place as a league right now.  We've had several owners tuned out of the draft, several owners who failed to meet the cutdown deadline, and several owners who have yet to pay their dues.  I'm busy as hell with work and being a dad, but I generally have a couple of hours a few nights a week to look in on this and another league.  I need your help and/or a small level of commitment to meet deadlines, or this isn't going to work.  Please step up.  I'm not even certain what's going on with the rookie draft.  The last pick was left up in the air and now we're at a stand still.  I have a wedding to go to tonight.  If you guys can unravel that and get moving we can move forward.  The auction is supposed to start Monday, but we're not ready for it.
Yup

« Reply #2499 on: October 12, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I hear you Redz. This can be a very cool league with this format, which makes things very interesting but sometimes confusing for some. It works when we are all involved, but when people rarely show up and completely miss the draft, which is kinda hard to do considering the format of the draft, then it doesn't work. If the format of the league is too much for some people's taste, then it's best if they reconsider and we find other GMs instead of having teams run on autopilot.

I'm not saying everyone does this, there are some great GMs here, and I certainly have my faults as well, but if honestly some people are not into the work that the format of this league takes, then maybe they should reconsider. There are plenty of standard leagues to have fun with.

I like this league because it's different and takes a bit more thinking, so I hope it works out.

« Reply #2500 on: October 13, 2013, 01:28:15 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
For those who haven't paid and shown much interest, we could always just release those players for auction if needed and proceed as is. I would assume those uninterested are also the ones who haven't paid...just a thought...I love this league and there is nothing more of a drag than those who don't participate...it brings the whole league down..
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2501 on: October 13, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
We are missing roster cutdowns and/or contract decisions from:

Crotors
Juggs
Bacon
Beasts (never heard contracts)

Dues:

Crotors
Bacon

We reached some confusion between two pickers in the draft a couple of days ago and there was never any follow up.  I'm open to suggestion for how to untie this knot.  AS it stands we can't start the auction, unless you guys want me to use my best judgment for protection lists from the M.I.A. owners. 

At this point I'm going to let Handsome Be Wonderful select in the college draft with the 19th pick.
Yup

« Reply #2502 on: October 13, 2013, 05:37:48 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
We are missing roster cutdowns and/or contract decisions from:

Crotors
Juggs
Bacon
Beasts (never heard contracts)

Dues:

Crotors
Bacon

We reached some confusion between two pickers in the draft a couple of days ago and there was never any follow up.  I'm open to suggestion for how to untie this knot.  AS it stands we can't start the auction, unless you guys want me to use my best judgment for protection lists from the M.I.A. owners. 

At this point I'm going to let Handsome Be Wonderful select in the college draft with the 19th pick.

This is super painful and needs to be ended. I feel the league is at risk.

Suggestion:

Make the college draft end at noon tomorrow no matter what. There are only 6 picks left in round 2. Give each GM 2 hours to make their pick, e.g.

6  PM  Sunday  - Handsome B. Wonderful
8  PM  Sunday  - Mean Green
12 AM  Monday  - Shipyard
6  AM  Monday  - Beasts
8  AM  Monday  - Kentucky Mean
10 AM  Monday  - RIPRED (Flash)

Give the 4 GMs who haven't make their roster cuts etc... until noon tomorrow or all of their players will be put into the FA pool.

Give the 2 GMs who haven't paid until noon tomorrow to pay, otherwise they will be replaced.

PM the 6 remaining draft GMs of the new schedule and the 4/2 GMs on the cuts and $$$.

Assuming the last two GMs pay, the auction can start tomorrow at noon, or perhaps Tuesday if new GMs need to be found.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #2503 on: October 13, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Recontracted

G      Jennings, Brandon
42   0   + 5
G      Lowry, Kyle   10   0 + 5         
F      Griffin, Blake    50   0 +5
( I know hes ultra expensive but hes my boy) Is there a cap for him???
F      Leonard, Kawhi
   13   0 +5
C      Horford, Al
(   45   add a contract on this expensive guy too

One year left
F      Duncan, Tim
24   1      
Bench (G)      Beal, Bradley
      18   1
Bench (F)      Thompson, Jason
62%   33%   1   1   

Dropped