Author Topic: Haslem facing drug charges  (Read 14002 times)

Re: Haslem facing drug charges
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
He's probably stockpiling pot to cope with having to be around three of the most narcissistic classless egos in basketball...

Haslem is just self-destructing ahead of them.  Their self-destruction will come when they play Orlando or us in the playoffs.

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He's probably stockpiling pot to cope with having to be around three of the most narcissistic classless egos in basketball...

Haslem is just self-destructing ahead of them.  Their self-destruction will come when they play Orlando or us in the playoffs.

I don't think Wade and Bosh are narcissistic, classless or particularly egotistical (as far as basketball players go).  Lebron's ego makes up for all three of them, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

I don't think Wade and Bosh are narcissistic, classless or particularly egotistical (as far as basketball players go).  Lebron's ego makes up for all three of them, though.

That classless stage thing put the three of them (Bosh doing the Tarzan act)  pretty close to equal footing, IMHO...And put the Heat organization on the same footing.  I give Spoelstra until mid-season the latest. 

Haslem is another player who should be relieved that he's playing in the NBA and not the NFL.  Stern, in the interest of not hurting the messiah's team, will probably be lenient.

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:09 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves

That classless stage thing put the three of them (Bosh doing the Tarzan act)  pretty close to equal footing, IMHO...And put the Heat organization on the same footing.  I give Spoelstra until mid-season the latest. 

Haslem is another player who should be relieved that he's playing in the NBA and not the NFL.  Stern, in the interest of not hurting the messiah's team, will probably be lenient.

Mid-season? Nah, I give him to the end of the year (hope I am wrong, though. I like Spoelstra as a coach).
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't get why a grown man is cruising around at 3 AM smoking in the car like a teenager.  Not wise at all. 

Correction - it was 3:13 PM - see the police report (linked above)

That's even worse.

What's the difference?  Smoking pot is smoking pot.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Well, I can't argue too much with that, I guess.  The WWE circus act was ridiculous.  I'm willing to chalk it up as a one-time mistake with Wade, though, whereas Lebron lives his life that way.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 02:12:24 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Mid-season? Nah, I give him to the end of the year (hope I am wrong, though. I like Spoelstra as a coach).

Expectations that are delusional by any standard.  A egomaniac for a boss who assembled the egos....Spells disaster.  Spoelstra will be VanGundy'd by midseason if not before.

----------------

Well, I can't argue too much with that, I guess.  The WWE circus act was ridiculous.  I'm willing to chalk it up as a one-time mistake with Wade, though, whereas Lebron lives his life that way.

What amazes me most about that whole facade is that team management seemed to sanction it.  While having little respect for what Riley did to VanGundy, I thought they were a smarter organization than to let that nauseating scene go forward.

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

What amazes me most about that whole facade is that team management seemed to sanction it.  While having little respect for what Riley did to VanGundy, I thought they were a smarter organization than to let that nauseating scene go forward.

Were they selling tickets / concessions?  If so, that explains it.

But yeah, it was stupid.  It's possible for a team to be built around superstars, have a "showtime" reputation, and still have some class.  Riley should know this better than anybody.

(I hate the Lakers, but I always respected their team in the 80s.)

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 02:23:28 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Were they selling tickets / concessions?  If so, that explains it.

But yeah, it was stupid.  It's possible for a team to be built around superstars, have a "showtime" reputation, and still have some class.  Riley should know this better than anybody.

(I hate the Lakers, but I always respected their team in the 80s.)

Well even if they weren't directly selling tickets or concessions, that's the eventual idea.  The whole point of the event was to get the Miami fan base excited for the team.  That eventually sells tickets, concessions, jerseys, etc.

I think everyone judging it has to keep in mind its not for you or I, it was to make those fans excited again after watching a sub par Miami team for the last few years.  Not saying it wasn't over the top, I just understand what the idea was and who it was directed at.  And if ever an event like this was to go down, it'd be when you land maybe the biggest Free Agent of all time.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2010, 02:59:33 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Jermaine Shaq and KG must be licking their chops.

If he misses game one, Big Z and Bosh may need some preparation H because something is going to be hurting.

*off topic*

i hope we actually pound it inside until they can stop it, which i doubt a lot of teams will be able to.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk