Author Topic: Interesting Iverson Article  (Read 40108 times)

Re: Interesting Iverson Article
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I think the Clips, Nets, Knicks and Cavs could all use him as a backup.

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 05:29:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Simply put good teams don't want Iverson because he is a disease that will spread bad karma into the chemistry of a good team.

Bad teams don't want Iverson because they tend to have a lot of young players and want to teach and grow these players instilling these players with the proper work ethics and work habits. Iverson would be disastrous in this scenario.

Mediocre teams wouldn't want Iverson for fear of him not accepting a proper role or direction from the coach or fear that he would become disinterested and quit on them like he has his last three teams.

AI made his own bed. Now he has to sleep in it and unfortunately for him and all you AI fans, that means his career is over.

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Simply put good teams don't want Iverson because he is a disease that will spread bad karma into the chemistry of a good team.

Bad teams don't want Iverson because they tend to have a lot of young players and want to teach and grow these players instilling these players with the proper work ethics and work habits. Iverson would be disastrous in this scenario.

Mediocre teams wouldn't want Iverson for fear of him not accepting a proper role or direction from the coach or fear that he would become disinterested and quit on them like he has his last three teams.

AI made his own bed. Now he has to sleep in it and unfortunately for him and all you AI fans, that means his career is over.

Perfectly broken down and stated, Nick.

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 06:14:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
And even with all of the alleged "Bad Teammate, selfish player", comments over the years, no one can provide any proof of such.
This is a joke, right? How about when he sat out the remainder of the season for the Pistons rather than coming off the bench? How about forcing Memphis to waive him when they wouldn't guarantee him a starting spot? How about leaving the 76ers? The guy is a disaster in the locker room, plain and simple.

And as far as the article, you one probably doesn't need to read past
how is that a 38 year old Shaq with a huge ego get signed to a Boston team that just reached the Finals last year and a 35 year old Allen Iverson isn't even mentioned?, how is it that a banged up Jermaine O'Neal who lost a step 3 years ago also signed to that team??
Shaq is 7'1. Jermaine -- 6'11. If you can't see how they can be signed, well, then you probably believe that landing on a moon is a conspiracy, too.

All in all, the article is a typical Bleacher Report product: poorly written fan fiction, concocted by someone who still needs to learn basic grammar and style.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:22:27 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

It's a shame what is happening with Allen Iverson.
Iverson still play at a high level, I'm sure Allen played 35 minutes by scoring 20 points and seven assists, I do not understand that no team wants to sign him.
Cavaliers, Nets, Pacers, Raptors ... That is what is happening with Iverson?
It is very simple, David Stern has manipulated the media (ESPN), he does not want to see Allen Iverson playing in the NBA, that simple.
This is a shame, Allen did not give up, your fans want you back soon, the game needs you, the NBA is boring without you, come back soon and show them to them that you're the best.
Antonio Spain

Allen your fans are awaiting your return.
Do not listen to the media, come back soon and show that you are the best.
Allen you are the inspiration, the game needs you, the NBA is boring without you.

edit - no offensive language - wdleehi
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:31:46 PM by wdleehi »

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
to be honest, i like Allen Iverson, and him being on this team would be great, he still have a lot left in him

HOWEVER!, due to the fact that Rondo is our starting pg, and Nate being our backup, Avery being our 19th pick, i don't see room for AI to come in...

at this point we do not need any more guard, except maybe a guard forward to backup Pierce and Allen (Marquis or better)

and if this conspiracy theory is true, him being on our team will doom us since David Stern will just control the outcome to be someone winning against the celtics while someone writing smack about AI being cancer and killing our team

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No AI.

AI is all about I.

The Celtics are about WE.

The two do not fit.

As for AI, teams put up with him when he was in his prime and sold tickets.  Neither of those are the case now. 

He will not come off the bench for a good team.

Bad teams don't need him taking minutes and shots from the younger players nor do they need him being the vet that teaches them how to act off the court in the NBA.

If AI wants to play, he needs to stop being about I. 

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2010, 06:35:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This media and David Stern conspiracy theory of blackballing Allen Iverson is either a ridiculous fiction created by a black 76er Iverson jersey wearing grown up teenager that can't let go of his misguided youth or a figment of Iverson's paranoid delusions that he is hoisting upon people in the media media that owe him favors for making them famous.

Either way they are pathetically warped realities that should be thrown out in the garbage with the scrap heap that is Allen Iverson and his current NBA game

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford

What I would like to now more than anything is that Iverson signed by the Celtics, that would be wonderful for me and for the fans.
View AI play together with The Truth, KG, Shaq, Ray .... Wowwwwwwwwwwww
It would be incredible, Boston wins the ring and Iverson too.
This would be a dream for me, unfortunately it will not, Boston has Rajon and Nate, but you never know what can happen ...

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2010, 06:41:12 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

What I would like to now more than anything is that Iverson signed by the Celtics, that would be wonderful for me and for the fans.
This would be a dream for me, unfortunately it will not, Boston has Rajon and Nate, but you never know what can happen ...

Except in AI's mind, those guys would be his backup.  He would still have to be "the man"

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2010, 06:42:04 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

It's a shame what is happening with Allen Iverson.
Iverson still play at a high level, I'm sure Allen played 35 minutes by scoring 20 points and seven assists, I do not understand that no team wants to sign him.
Cavaliers, Nets, Pacers, Raptors ... That is what is happening with Iverson?
It is very simple, David Stern has manipulated the media (ESPN), he does not want to see Allen Iverson playing in the NBA, that simple.
This is a shame, Allen did not give up, your fans want you back soon, the game needs you, the NBA is boring without you, come back soon and show them to them that you're the best.
Antonio Spain

Allen your fans are awaiting your return.
Do not listen to the media, come back soon and show that you are the best.
Allen you are the inspiration, the game needs you, the NBA is boring without you.

edit - no offensive language - wdleehi
I suppose it is more exciting with his drama off the court. He was entertaining in Detroit.

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford

Allen back soon, your fans are waiting for you, shows you criticize those who are you, "LAST ONE ANSWER" You are the inspiration.

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
View AI play together with The Truth, KG, Shaq, Ray ....
Yeah, and we'll boogie like it's 1999. Except it really isn't.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
This media and David Stern conspiracy theory of blackballing Allen Iverson is either a ridiculous fiction created by a black 76er Iverson jersey wearing grown up teenager that can't let go of his misguided youth or a figment of Iverson's paranoid delusions that he is hoisting upon people in the media media that owe him favors for making them famous.

Either way they are pathetically warped realities that should be thrown out in the garbage with the scrap heap that is Allen Iverson and his current NBA game
What are you saying? Make no mistake, You're talking about a future hall of fame, with over 24,000 points in the league, Iverson is one of the best players of all time, like it or not.
And the conspiracy is true, has always been and now even more, please, Stern has manipulated the press, he did not want to see play in the league to Iverson.
It's a shame what is happening with Allen.
Iverson is still better than 80% of the players within the league, please, we are talking about Iverson, is incredible.
The NBA today is a shame, is a circus mounted by Stern.
Only two things I want right now:

- What Boston wins the ring.
 - That Allen Iverson for a team sign.

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Come on Nick, didn't you know that everything that doesn't work out exactly the way you want it to is directly caused by David Stern and "the media" conspiring against it? 

Why, I have it on good authority that this very week David Stern is meeting with the President of Media at Media Inc Headquarters to decide the playoff results, the 2011 lottery, and what specific compliments Mark Jackson will give LeBron James during ESPN broadcasts.  When will the madness stop?  ::)

Iverson isn't in the league because Iverson has played himself out of the league and, while he can still put up numbers, teams don't think he's efficient enough to make up for the chemistry problems he creates on and off the court. 

I don't have any problem with a team taking a shot at AI, and somebody probably will.  But anyone who thinks him not having a team right now is anyone's fault but his own is delusional.  Teams want to win and make money, period, and no one seems to think Iverson can help them enough with these to be worth the trouble.