Author Topic: Yet another reason to hate LeBron…  (Read 13392 times)

Re: Yet another reason to hate LeBron…
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »

Kiorrik

I remember somewhere in these threads I criticized KG during his first season here for flipping out after a win against the Timberwolves, because frankly he was acting without class.

I'm pretty sure there was an online petition started to remove my mod status and get me neutered.
This petition is still open btw.

And ontopic:

That line amused me, because that's the kind of medium Twitter is; if tomorrow I hate my computer again for powering down in the middle of work, I will tweet "I HATE DELL! ALL DELL PEOPLE MUST DIE!!! #DellSucks". After doing that, I'll be silently happy that I'm not in the spotlight like James is, because it's a spur of the moment kind of thing. Something like saying "ARGH I HATE LIFE" when you break a fingernail.

Stop magnifying those things darn it. It's so obvious to see that the current (old) media and its writers have no clue whatsoever of what Twitter is. They see it as an official outlet of news. Which is stupid, because 99% of people who utilize Twitter, do it for FUN.

Right.

/rant

Ps.: Oh and I saw the twitter message as soon as he posted it, as I have James in my following list, and replied to him with something like "lol that's going to be a lot of names m8!" Never thought it would become a big deal.

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 10:06:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I have had a lot more exposure to LeBron than most of you living in Ohio until this June.

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 11:25:39 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I'll give you one reason and the only reason need be...  LeBron is a chump!!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 09:03:34 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I just find the irrational hatred confusing.

This here is your problem.

Hatred doesn't have to be rational. I would argue that in most cases hatred is an irrational emotional.

I hate LeBron because he's LeBron. I hate the fact he gets a free pass on travels and fouls. I hate his pompous attitude and self love. I hate his ego and over the top "look at me" exhibitions he puts on. I hate his unsportsmanlike attitude he displays at times. And I hate his attention seeking performances he puts on for the media.

I hate him and sorry, but there is nothing rational about my hate. It's quite irrational.

Lol I am really fine with that, I disagree with a lot of it but I just don't understand why some people hate on what he did as free agency.  I understand hating a guy who is great and doesn't play on your team, that's fine, it's just some of the criticisms that annoy me regarding this FA period.

I guess what I like least about him is him being annointed and called the King.  I think even he knows in his heart now he could not lead a team to the finals if they make it will be because Wade closed it out for him.   Guy is a stud when games don't matter but wilts underpressure.  The loser had to run to another team and get some closers.

I don't think this hate, this is watching the games not buying into David Stern markeeting bull****.   LeBron has serious mental flaws to his game.  His will to win and desire is definitely in question to me.  Call me a hater, I am not buying the Brooklyn Bridge as I see it.

You know LeBron led a terrible team outside himself to the Finals already right? With one of the most dominating perfomances I've ever seen on that Detroit team, talk about putting your team on your back.

And god forbid a guy doesn't want to play in a situation anymore where at the end of a game every opposing defensive player on the floor is focusing on him and his team is sitting around, at best shooting spot up jump shots if James can manage to draw his defender away.  The Cavs didn't even run offensive sets, it was a joke.  LeBron has improved his jumper but it's not his go to shot and he knows that.  If teams can focus on him and prevent him from getting to the rim, he can't play his most effecient ball at the end of a game.

If LeBron didn't have a will to win he probably would have gone to the Knicks where he could of had his stats inflated by D'Antoni's system and been the sole star instead of Miami where he is sacrificing personal glory to win.. so how does he have no desire to again?  I'm sure LeBron will be happy playing with a very capable closer in Dwayne Wade and will thrive himself now since he will get more open looks at the end of games since the defense cannot soley focus on him.  He can be more of a facilitator and focus on getting to the rim if possible, where his game is strongest. 

It seems everyone is mad at LeBron because he isn't the best jumpshooter, which is the type of shot you often get at the end of a game, it's what you see guys like Pierce and Kobe shooting.  LeBron gets to the rim with more game winners at the rim than anyone, that is his strength.  Playing alongside guys who can shoot and create shots will make him so much better at the end of a game, he will create openings for them or attention they get will give him enough room to get to the rim and finish.

Jordan had Pippen, Bird played with McHale, Parish, Johnson.  Magic came into the league alongside Kareem.  The greatest players play on teams with great talent around them.  We will see what happens in Miami, but seems to me LeBron chose winning above all else and you are calling into question his desire to win...   ::)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:12:23 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 09:17:12 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
LOL! People moved on? Look at this thread and entire forum for proof they have not. That's a laughable statement.  And for LeBron "beating a dead horse"... players use this kind of thing for motivation, it's not "beating a dead horse".  Fine if you think that but please don't pat guys like Bird, Jordan, and Barkley on the back because this is what they fed off of.

And it is not just the media, it is fans, media, execs, and I'm sure players that have talked smack (some probably quitely).  For what Jordan said I wouldn't be surprised if he gets up for the Bobcats and absolutely destroys them.
No-one talked about LeBron here before LeBron started talking about himself (and the media). People were interested in the Shaq signing and finding a backup wing. So yes, absolutely, people had moved on.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
The Heat owner should probably rename the team the Miami Cobra Kai at this point.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I love seeing this from Lebron James.. that furthers my belief that there is a chance that we might see Lebron James the human being, rather than Lebron James the Media Robot.. that is before he takes the stand at his HoF introduction ceremony.. just like Michael Jordan did.

I dont know about you guys, but i got fed up with all the fakeness surronding pro sports years ago, so when an athlete finaly shows a tid bit of his feelings, of who he really is.. ill applaude that regardless of what he might say, i might not agree that anger and recentment is something we would like to see.. but its something.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird