Author Topic: Yet another reason to hate LeBron…  (Read 13466 times)

Re: Yet another reason to hate LeBron…
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I also have to agree with Greenbean; everyone hear who still wouldn't like Lebron if he came to Boston are entitled their opinion, but I'll believe Boston as a whole wouldn't like Lebron when he comes and ends up winning no titles. Otherwise, very funny.

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Ugh, people need to get over it.  So lame.  Everyone talks mess about you all summer cause you want to be happy and be in a better situation you'd be mad too.
I am sure it was just because of that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 01:42:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You mean there are even mores reasons to hate Lebron besides, you know, just being Lebron? ;D

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Ugh, people need to get over it.  So lame.  Everyone talks mess about you all summer cause you want to be happy and be in a better situation you'd be mad too.

A little poorly worded by myself, but the point is eventually this has ceased to be about The Decision... that was bad, fine, but not that much of a crime to have this sort of reaction to it.

I understand Cleveland fans hating how he did it, but not the rest of their backlash discrediting his time there.  And if you're not from Cleveland, move on already.  Shouldn't have mattered to you this much.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

A little poorly worded by myself, but the point is eventually this has ceased to be about The Decision... that was bad, fine, but not that much of a crime to have this sort of reaction to it.

I understand Cleveland fans hating how he did it, but not the rest of their backlash discrediting his time there.  And if you're not from Cleveland, move on already.  Shouldn't have mattered to you this much.
The point is that LeBron now wants to hold the media responsible in some way for slamming down his disrespectful charade. People have moved on long ago, it's LeBron who insists on beating on a dead horse here.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 03:08:07 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
This tweet came right after Shaq called him Ms. Lebron in the press conference, obviously that pushed him to say this. He isn't going to take lightly facing us and of course we aren't either I cant wait for opening night.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

The point is that LeBron now wants to hold the media responsible in some way for slamming down his disrespectful charade. People have moved on long ago, it's LeBron who insists on beating on a dead horse here.

LOL! People moved on? Look at this thread and entire forum for proof they have not. That's a laughable statement.  And for LeBron "beating a dead horse"... players use this kind of thing for motivation, it's not "beating a dead horse".  Fine if you think that but please don't pat guys like Bird, Jordan, and Barkley on the back because this is what they fed off of.

And it is not just the media, it is fans, media, execs, and I'm sure players that have talked smack (some probably quitely).  For what Jordan said I wouldn't be surprised if he gets up for the Bobcats and absolutely destroys them.

This tweet came right after Shaq called him Ms. Lebron in the press conference, obviously that pushed him to say this. He isn't going to take lightly facing us and of course we aren't either I cant wait for opening night.

I thought I heard "Ms. LeBron" live but others have said it was not what Shaq said. I'm not sure.

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 03:49:33 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
i will keep saying the same thing...first time lebron drives on shaq on opening night, shaq should knock his lights out.

Seeing as how I totally love tough basketball I will definitely give you a TP for this post...

I say anytime either him or Wade come within 9 ft, nail them! (not really, but, you know what I mean).
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 03:51:38 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

said the guy who's still posting about this...

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

I am actually arguing against people who hate LeBron because of "The Decision".  Not sure what you are saying.  We're on a message board...

I am fine with what LeBron did.  It is a smart move for him, applaudable because he is trying to win before everything else, and I just find the irrational hatred confusing.  I let "The Decision" go very quickly actually, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:11:12 PM by Snakehead »

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

I am actually arguing against people who hate LeBron because of "The Decision".  Not sure what you are saying.  We're on a message board...

Kind of my thought. We are on a message board yet you feel the need to tell people to move on. The post is about "yet another issue" of dumb decisions by LeBron in the offseason. Some tried to say he wasn't creating waves. "The Decision" show was brought up as more examples. I have no issue whatsoever that he chose to uproot and move to Miami. He is much more likely to win a championship doing so and I think it was a smart decision. I do however feel he has acted like an immature pompous jerk and threatening the media with making a list of all of them and never forgetting, when it is their job to discuss and criticize his actions, is childish. You want to be treated as a grownup, then act like one King James.

Are we okay to continue discussing this or should we move on?

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Kind of my thought. We are on a message board yet you feel the need to tell people to move on. The post is about "yet another issue" of dumb decisions by LeBron in the offseason. Some tried to say he wasn't creating waves. "The Decision" show was brought up as more examples. I have no issue whatsoever that he chose to uproot and move to Miami. He is much more likely to win a championship doing so and I think it was a smart decision. I do however feel he has acted like an immature pompous jerk and threatening the media with making a list of all of them and never forgetting, when it is their job to discuss and criticize his actions, is childish. You want to be treated as a grownup, then act like one King James.

Are we okay to continue discussing this or should we move on?

Move on from going on about "The Decision", not the LeBron discussion.  People can discuss that til whenever they want but I find people going on about how evil "The Decision" was stupid at this point.  And how it is terrible to Cleveland.  He doesn't owe the people of Cleveland anything at all, and with how they reacted he should feel only more certain of his decision to leave them behind.

And the media should be more concerned with presenting facts more than witch hunting, but I guess you're fine with that.  I'm not.  That's why I don't watch Sportscenter.  I can't stand it.  They all can be as pious as they want now, I enjoy when these guys get exposed themselves.  Looking forward to the upcoming ESPN tell-all book for some of their own medicine.

And he did not specifically say the media, he just means everyone who has taken a shot at him, that includes many, not just the media.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:18:43 PM by Snakehead »

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 07:16:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I guess what I like least about him is him being annointed and called the King.  I think even he knows in his heart now he could not lead a team to the finals if they make it will be because Wade closed it out for him.   Guy is a stud when games don't matter but wilts underpressure.  The loser had to run to another team and get some closers.

I don't think this hate, this is watching the games not buying into David Stern markeeting bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..   LeBron has serious mental flaws to his game.  His will to win and desire is definitely in question to me.  Call me a hater, I am not buying the Brooklyn Bridge as I see it.

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2010, 07:48:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I just find the irrational hatred confusing. 

This here is your problem.

Hatred doesn't have to be rational. I would argue that in most cases hatred is an irrational emotional.

I hate LeBron because he's LeBron. I hate the fact he gets a free pass on travels and fouls. I hate his pompous attitude and self love. I hate his ego and over the top "look at me" exhibitions he puts on. I hate his unsportsmanlike attitude he displays at times. And I hate his attention seeking performances he puts on for the media.

I hate him and sorry, but there is nothing rational about my hate. It's quite irrational.

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I just find the irrational hatred confusing. 

This here is your problem.

Hatred doesn't have to be rational. I would argue that in most cases hatred is an irrational emotional.

I hate LeBron because he's LeBron. I hate the fact he gets a free pass on travels and fouls. I hate his pompous attitude and self love. I hate his ego and over the top "look at me" exhibitions he puts on. I hate his unsportsmanlike attitude he displays at times. And I hate his attention seeking performances he puts on for the media.

I hate him and sorry, but there is nothing rational about my hate. It's quite irrational.

Haha, perfect.
The only color that matters is GREEN