Author Topic: Yet another reason to hate LeBron…  (Read 13465 times)

Re: Yet another reason to hate LeBron…
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 09:20:01 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Ugh, people need to get over it.  So lame.  Everyone talks mess about you all summer cause you want to be happy and be in a better situation you'd be mad too.

I'm happy LeBron is [peeved], can't wait to watch him play angry.  I agree with J.A. Adande: This is maybe the most Jordan like thing LeBron has ever done.  If Jordan was playing today and had a twitter account he would totally say something like this.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
So totally agree with the Mods here. (Wow!)

This is basketball, not a stuffy corporate board room.

I wish LeBron all the best and will enjoy watching him this year.

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 11:24:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would not have wanted him on this team, regardless.  He is the anti-Celtic.  Selfish, egotistical and he doesn't care about winning or losing.   He quit too, that is a cardinal sin.  The ghost of Red up there would have never let a bum like him in Celtics green.

Those MVPS are hyped up false rewards.  I bet Stern planned all this so he can live up the MVP status.  They are investigating Isiah foR tampering and you know that Riley did some and there will be no investigation.  No bigger loser ever won more MVPs. 

I lived  in Ohio for 35 years.  I bet I have seen LeBron more than any of you.  I seen him live before.   I had to hear the false lies of how great he is and how he is going to beat up on my Celtics.   I would have quit watching the C's if the likes of him came here.

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 11:53:55 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
LeBron was coddled and built into the narcissistic person he is today. Maybe all this criticism will humble him and he will play basketball with more passion and hunger. As a basketball fan, this story is getting intriguing and comments like this encourage me into thinking LeBron may one day "get it". He cares. He finally has faced some criticism and he is acknowledging that it hurts.

There is always a fall before a rise. I dont necessarily blame LeBron for his behavior because it has been a progression. He didnt always come off like the jerk he is now. He is very immature and has time to grow up.

Is anyone else rooting for this guy to grow up? Or is everyone afraid to admit that if he did he may never lose.

As a Celtics fan I hope it takes a couple more years to give us time to rebuild. As a fan of basketball, I wouldnt mind seeing a dominant player who is fun to watch mature into a grown leader.

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 12:08:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wow, that doesn't at all sound like the exact sort of thing Paul Pierce would say.  ::)

Seriously, I don't care much for LeBron on or off the court, but some of you guys have earned this:

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
I doubt all of you guys would be hating on LeBron if he was traded to the Celtics instead of the Heat. The city of Cleveland is the most depressing city in the U.S.A. and there could have been a chance that one (or more) of the Big 3 could have been traded there if we didn't eliminate Cleveland from the playoffs. He is the two-time MVP of the league; could you imagine Pierce or Ray playing in Cleveland next season after the Cavaliers were torched by the Lakers in the Finals? I try to avoid thinking of that scenario.

Man, I hope T-Mac doesn't get traded to the Pistons; an old version of LeBron playing in a city that is almost as dismal as Cleveland? They might as well trade T-Mac to Cleveland...

I don't think most people are hating him for what he did. They are hating him for how he did it, which no one can deny was highly immature.

I have a friend whose a Knicks fan, and when he heard about the 1 hour decision....he told me that he would love if Lebron chose the Knicks, but as a fan he would be embarassed by the way Lebron chose to announce his decision.

So I don't think people are hating him for being a great player. It's his cocky behaivor and arrogance which puts people off.

Well said. Plus one TP.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'm not sure what that has to do with an eagle walking, however let me be very clear.

I don't dislike Lebron's game. He is a stud out there. I have made numerous posts discussing the fact that we don't know these guys personally and to judge them that way isn't really fair. We do know this though in the offseason. He chose to go on an hour long show to announce his 15 second decision for ego reasons. He chose to thank the city of Akron dismissing the city of Cleveland until Big Z put out a thank you to Cleveland which Lebron quickly and shamelessly followed. He comes out and threatens the media that they are on his "list" for criticizing his decisions. That's a temper tantrum plain and simple. You now have a true understanding of Lebron James and who he is as a person. It isn't pretty, and definitely not deserving of our praise.

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm not sure what that has to do with an eagle walking, however let me be very clear.

I don't dislike Lebron's game. He is a stud out there. I have made numerous posts discussing the fact that we don't know these guys personally and to judge them that way isn't really fair. We do know this though in the offseason. He chose to go on an hour long show to announce his 15 second decision for ego reasons. He chose to thank the city of Akron dismissing the city of Cleveland until Big Z put out a thank you to Cleveland which Lebron quickly and shamelessly followed. He comes out and threatens the media that they are on his "list" for criticizing his decisions. That's a temper tantrum plain and simple. You now have a true understanding of Lebron James and who he is as a person. It isn't pretty, and definitely not deserving of our praise.

"Temper tantrum"... the use of that phrase is the kind of thing that is funny to me.  If this was Barkley or Jordan it'd be "competitiveness", but with LBJ how people want to paint him it's a "temper tantrum".

Oh, and he has an "ego" for going to a team with other great players where he won't be the sole superstar and will sacrifice his statistical output.

And I didn't love the decision, but he donated the advertisements on an hour of ESPN programming that would of occured anyways once he announced his decision... do people not get that?  Would the story have gone ignored by ESPN otherwise?  Because it was their same, normal NBA guys analyzing, and not being forced to be pro-LeBron at all.  besides the very short interview with Gray, it was normal.  And Wilbon interviewed him and wasn't soft in his interview.  They showed people burning his jersy live to his face.

And yes, LBJ doesn't do anything in Cleveland, like his annual charity events in the city and Akron... oh wait he does all that.  Sorry the ad is apparently the only way to show appreciation to anyone.  IMO that's fine but kind of a cop out.  I'd rather have someone do some charity.  A message is fine but if a guy doesn't leave a message and does charity work and good for the city, I'm okay with him.  And if people are burning your jersey, saying anything bad about you possible, and completely discrediting your 7 years you carried a pretty bad team (outside of LBJ) to almost the highest point, I would not be rushing to thank those people.  It's easy to say you'd be the better person from the sidelines, but I would take it personally.

I understand people not being a big fan of The Decision special but it is not that bad of a crime.  It should not erase the 7 years LBJ gave and carried the Cavs.  It certainly shouldn't make LBJ go from respected, if hated by opposing fans, to panned by everyone and called an ego maniac drama queen when he hasn't been that before and those thoughts don't matchup with the real ramifications of his decision to play in Miami and how he has always been an unselfish player, to a fault even.  Like I have seen people say LBJ doesn't even work on his game in the offseason.. what are you even talking about? You seriously think he's not in the gym at all?

I understand his anger and I hope he plays angry and goes after eveeryone.  It will make this a great, great season.  This is what Barkley or Jordan would have done EXACTLY... play angry.

And as Barkley once said, sports athletes are not role models.  He is not here to raise your kids.  He made the best basketball decision for himself.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:55:54 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

I dont think he is a realy quality person either but he is not all bad. I dont consider him evil, just immature and self absorbed. Your post seems angry. It just seems that everything this guy does now he faces some sort of backlash. Some warranted, some not.

This particular comment he is acknowledging that he hears the criticism and that is it. He says he is making a mental not. He wants to prove his detractors wrong. What is wrong with that?

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 12:47:58 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

I dont think he is a realy quality person either but he is not all bad. I dont consider him evil, just immature and self absorbed. Your post seems angry. It just seems that everything this guy does now he faces some sort of backlash. Some warranted, some not.

This particular comment he is acknowledging that he hears the criticism and that is it. He says he is making a mental not. He wants to prove his detractors wrong. What is wrong with that?

Exactly.  How is this instance any different than any other athlete who has carried a chip on their shoulder due to perceived slight?  Is it because his name is simply Lebron James?

I mean, Pierce had a huge chip after that '98 Draft.   Chris Johnson of the Titans can rattle off every running back drafted ahead of him and has stated it provides motivation.   

Guys have heard what media types have said about them and used it as motivation.  I have absolutely no issue with that at all. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 12:55:59 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I doubt all of you guys would be hating on LeBron if he was traded to the Celtics instead of the Heat.

Lemme stop you right there...nope. **** lebron.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 01:04:19 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
I doubt all of you guys would be hating on LeBron if he was traded to the Celtics instead of the Heat.

I never ever respond to this conversation but I have to ask...

LeBron comes here and rips off a 3 peat...are you sulking? Are you not a fan of the Celtics anymore? Do you boo him as he hoists his finals MVP trophies wearing green?

I just dont buy it. People can say it all they want because there is a 99 % chance that the guy will never end up on the Celtics (although I probably would have said the same about Shaq years ago). Of course you say that now. I love the Celtics. LeBron isnt a murderer, rapist, bigot, drug dealer. He's just a jackass. I dont believe for one second that fans of this TEAM would all of a sudden stop being fans and reject this guy if he came to the Celtics.

Edit: This town has adopted far worse knuckleheads in its not so distance past including Corey Dillon, Randy Moss etc.. If you win, you're in and it is hard to make the case that LeBron would not win here.

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 01:11:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Your timeline is off - Ilgauskas' Cleveland ad came out August 2nd; LeBron's Akron ad came out a day or two later, and he still hasn't put out a corresponding Cleveland ad.  And to criticize him both for thanking and not thanking Cleveland in the same sentence sounds a little no-winnish to me.  As for "threatening the media", doesn't that sound just a wee bit hyperbolic?  Threats are pretty serious things.

I'm not praising LeBron at all, but this is serious mountain out of molehill territory.  Guy's not driving drunk or beating up strippers or even blowing all his money gambling.  He just has a big head, like most elite athletes.  And he's using detractors to motivate himself, like most elite athletes.  Doesn't mean we have to like him, but he's hardly a monster. 

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Pfft, for all we know, those Miami bigs must not have heard enough about how any decent frontcourt will destroy them. I'm sure Bosh can't go to bed hearing without hearing an anaylst's voice in his head saying he's too soft, and that how Gasol probably defend better than him.

In the same way, I'm sure Lebron can't stop hearing about how the Heat still can't win. To be honest, outside of Heat fans, who exactly is saying the Heat are the favorites to win in the NBA? Talking about a team over and over again isn't overhyping if you aren't saying they'll win, you know. If Lebron really felt the need to tweet this, then it's clear he feels that his team is not being seen as the favorite. Whether it means him tweeting it was smart or not is immaterial; clearly he thinks everyone's trying to knock him and his team down a peg or two thousand. If I'm a Heat fan, I have to like this tweet.

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I never ever respond to this conversation but I have to ask...

LeBron comes here and rips off a 3 peat...are you sulking? Are you not a fan of the Celtics anymore? Do you boo him as he hoists his finals MVP trophies wearing green?

I just dont buy it. People can say it all they want because there is a 99 % chance that the guy will never end up on the Celtics (although I probably would have said the same about Shaq years ago). Of course you say that now. I love the Celtics. LeBron isnt a murderer, rapist, bigot, drug dealer. He's just a jackass. I dont believe for one second that fans of this TEAM would all of a sudden stop being fans and reject this guy if he came to the Celtics.

Edit: This town has adopted far worse knuckleheads in its not so distance past including Corey Dillon, Randy Moss etc.. If you win, you're in and it is hard to make the case that LeBron would not win here.

I agree and disagree with this.  I think you can hate one of your own.  My friend's dad didn't renew season tickets in the late 90's early 00's because he despised Antoine and "couldn't stand watching him wiggle around when down 30 points anymore".

That was my disagree.  But I feel like I more agree with you.  I wouldn't necessarily want him to come here.  But if he did, I would probably dislike him at first, but after all the winning, I think I'd have to come around and not dislike him so much.  I doubt he'd ever be my favorite celtic nor would I ever buy a jersey, but I personally don't think I'd hate him after a while of him being here.

I wish LeBron all the best and will enjoy watching him this year.

I hope you don't have a finite amount of best wishes to give.  Because there are infinitely many things in the world to give best wishes to other than Lebron!  He already has been given everything one could ask for and anything going against him he has created himself.  I wish him absolutely nothing.  (Wow, I am pessimistic this afternoon)
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur