Author Topic: Yet another reason to hate LeBron…  (Read 13471 times)

Yet another reason to hate LeBron…
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:35:01 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Like we need any more! What an absolute immature punk. And what are you going to do LeBron?!

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68628/20100810/lebron_says_hes_keeping_track_of_critics/

LeBron James says he is keeping track of those in the media and around the world of the NBA who have been critical of him this off-season.

James drew heavy criticism for his decision to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, as well as for the way he went about announcing his decision on live television.

"Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer," James wrote on his Twitter page. "And I mean everyone!"

Among those who have found fault with James is Michael Jordan, James' childhood idol. Jordan said he would never had thought of playing with Magic Johnson and Larry Bird during his playing days.

Re: Yet another reason to hate LeBron…
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:51 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Lebron means you, CelticsBlog!

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I already hate him enough, I don't need more reasons
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:48:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I already hate him enough, I don't need more reasons

Whoops! I guess lebron has one more name to add to his list.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 10:01:25 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I doubt all of you guys would be hating on LeBron if he was traded to the Celtics instead of the Heat. The city of Cleveland is the most depressing city in the U.S.A. and there could have been a chance that one (or more) of the Big 3 could have been traded there if we didn't eliminate Cleveland from the playoffs. He is the two-time MVP of the league; could you imagine Pierce or Ray playing in Cleveland next season after the Cavaliers were torched by the Lakers in the Finals? I try to avoid thinking of that scenario.

Man, I hope T-Mac doesn't get traded to the Pistons; an old version of LeBron playing in a city that is almost as dismal as Cleveland? They might as well trade T-Mac to Cleveland...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:05:23 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I doubt all of you guys would be hating on LeBron if he was traded to the Celtics instead of the Heat. The city of Cleveland is the most depressing city in the U.S.A. and there could have been a chance that one (or more) of the Big 3 could have been traded there if we didn't eliminate Cleveland from the playoffs. He is the two-time MVP of the league; could you imagine Pierce or Ray playing in Cleveland next season after the Cavaliers were torched by the Lakers in the Finals? I try to avoid thinking of that scenario.

Man, I hope T-Mac doesn't get traded to the Pistons; an old version of LeBron playing in a city that is almost as dismal as Cleveland? They might as well trade T-Mac to Cleveland...

I can promise you that if he strolled into town acting the way he has this off season he would have received a ton of criticism. Just like if the Celtics signed Kobe. Don't want it. I'd rather beat the bums than have them disrespect the Shamrock. Nothing I like about Lebron. He's an immature classless punk who needs to grow up. He talks a big game, but 7 years later he still has as many rings as I do...

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:05:45 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
RebusRankin says bring it on. ;D

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59

I don't think most people are hating him for what he did. They are hating him for how he did it, which no one can deny was highly immature.

I have a friend whose a Knicks fan, and when he heard about the 1 hour decision....he told me that he would love if Lebron chose the Knicks, but as a fan he would be embarassed by the way Lebron chose to announce his decision.

So I don't think people are hating him for being a great player. It's his cocky behaivor and arrogance which puts people off.

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
i will keep saying the same thing...first time lebron drives on shaq on opening night, shaq should knock his lights out.

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I can promise you that if he strolled into town acting the way he has this off season he would have received a ton of criticism. Just like if the Celtics signed Kobe. Don't want it. I'd rather beat the bums than have them disrespect the Shamrock. Nothing I like about Lebron. He's an immature classless punk who needs to grow up. He talks a big game, but 7 years later he still has as many rings as I do...

I call shinanigans. LeBron James signing in Boston would've made some people float the idea of unretiring Bill Russell's number. It would have been the most popular jersey in the history of boston jerseys ever sold.

Some might have griped, but 95% would've been ecstatic.

I remember somewhere in these threads I criticized KG during his first season here for flipping out after a win against the Timberwolves, because frankly he was acting without class.

I'm pretty sure there was an online petition started to remove my mod status and get me neutered.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Lebron just adding more fuel to his fire.

This is great entertainment and top notch competitiveness.

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 10:43:39 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
He's not the first athlete to hold a grudge and carry a chip on his shoulder while  wanting to silence his critics.

This happens in sports all the time.  Not really seeing the big deal here.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 10:54:26 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
He's not the first athlete to hold a grudge and carry a chip on his shoulder while  wanting to silence his critics.

This happens in sports all the time.  Not really seeing the big deal here.

Gilbert Arenas made a career out of it. I mean, he lost said career too, but he made one.

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 10:57:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I call shinanigans. LeBron James signing in Boston would've made some people float the idea of unretiring Bill Russell's number. It would have been the most popular jersey in the history of boston jerseys ever sold.

I remember somewhere in these threads I criticized KG during his first season here for flipping out after a win against the Timberwolves, because frankly he was acting without class.

I'm pretty sure there was an online petition started to remove my mod status and get me neutered.

Nope, never - he would've had to get another number!

Imagine that, though - "I've decided to take my talents to - The Boston Celtics!"

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 11:00:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Nope, never - he would've had to get another number!

Imagine that, though - "I've decided to take my talents to - The Boston Celtics!"

Someone would've floated it. We would've laughed, but someone would've floated it on here, and a pundit would've floated it too.