Author Topic: Sheed, Perkins and Davis  (Read 2140 times)

Sheed, Perkins and Davis
« on: August 06, 2010, 12:39:35 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Proposal:

Wallace and Davis to Golden State
Biedrins and Wright to Boston

Perkins to OK City
Sefolosha to Boston

Golden State and OK City could swap future second rounders - making this a three way instead of two seperate trades is necesary for Boston's Cap situation.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: Sheed, Perkins and Davis
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 12:44:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If the point of trading Perk is not to overpay him, why trade for a lesser C already majorly overpayed?

No, I think this trade doesn't help the Celtics.  I rather just see them use Wallace and a draft pick to pick up another swing, even if it is after the Season has started.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Proposal:

Perkins to OK City
Sefolosha to Boston

Golden State and OK City could swap future second rounders - making this a three way instead of two seperate trades is necesary for Boston's Cap situation.

I dislike this trade for both the long and short terms.

Short term:

You trade a very productive back up 4 in Davis for a third (defensively deficient) center in Biedrins who has had a precipitous 2 year drop in production amd Brandon Wright who hasn't done anything in the NBA. A Big rotation of

JO/Shaq
KG/Baby

is far superior to

Shaq/Biedrins
KG/JO

Also, at this point this team doesn't need Thabo and trading Perk for him is a terrible idea. Thabo's D on Small forwards is not as good as it is on 2 guards and he's not a good 3 point shooter.

Long term:

Both Baby and Perk are valuable players going forward. Baby is a productive championship calibre rotation player and trading him for an unproductive Biedrins (Especially when you're also trading Perk) doesn't make any sense. Trading Perk for Thabo in the long run doesn't make any sense either. Perk is a championship calibre defender at the most important positions in basketball (4/5) to have a great defender. Thabo is a very good defender but you don't trade a dominant interior defender for a very good wing defender. Also, even if Perk comes back as a lesser player from these knee injuries, his defensive contributions would still be harder to replace than Thabo's.

This trade would make us worse in both the short and long runs.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Proposal:

Perkins to OK City
Sefolosha to Boston

The grass is always greener I guess.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Reason #1
Biedrins is 24
Wright is 22
Sefolosha is 26

Reason #2
Wallace is not contributing, and offers no potential - Wright is not contributing, and offers oodles of potential
Perkins is not contributing, and is a major question mark - Biedrins is a healthy rebounder, and solid help defender
Davis is a solid contributor on a contender - so is Sefolosha

Reason #3
Wright and Sefolosha would be the second and third best athletes on this team

Reason #3
If healthy, Perkins will make as much as Biedrens next season
If not, we do not have a big under contract, over 6'6", under 33 next season

There are more reasons...
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 04:26:48 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Reason #1
Biedrins is 24
Wright is 22
Sefolosha is 26

Reason #2
Wallace is not contributing, and offers no potential - Wright is not contributing, and offers oodles of potential
Perkins is not contributing, and is a major question mark - Biedrins is a healthy rebounder, and solid help defender

Reason #3

Reason #3

Reason #1
Biedrins is 24 and his production has done nothing but go down.
Wright is 22 and has done nothing.
Sefolosha is 26 and older than Perk

Reason #2

Wallace is not contributing but can snag us something better than a bad 3rd center and a player who has yet to produce in the NBA
Wright isn't contributing and has yet to prove he deserves to gain minutes in the NBA.
 Davis is a solid contributor on a championship calibre team- Sefolosha is an ok contributor on a pseudo contender.

Reason #3

If healthy, Perkins is way better than Biedrins.
If not, young bigs are often overrated whats wrong with JO and Shaq? Even over 33 they're better than Biedrins.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Reason #1
Biedrins is 24
Wright is 22
Sefolosha is 26

Reason #2

Reason #3

Reason #3

Shaq is under contract for next season. Is the age really that important?

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 05:54:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No interest in Biedrins. He doesn't play defense. That is a deal breaker for me.

Huge fan of Thabo Sefolosha. The best defensive SG in the league + the best rebounding SG in the league. Very valuable role player. Great contract too.

Brandon Wright is an unknown. I wouldn't consider him anything more than a fourth big in the depth chart with some upside until he proves himself (both fitness wise and talent wise). A lot of question marks about Wright.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I like Biedrins, but he'd be redundant on this team.

At this point I'd definitely be open to trading Glen Davis, especially if it could somehow bring back someone better than Marquis Daniels.  The Celtics have enough "beef" at PF/C, and could use a different type of player on the roster