Author Topic: Another Wing Gone: Gerald Green Re-Signs in Russia  (Read 14366 times)

Re: Another Wing Gone: Gerald Green Re-Signs in Russia
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 06:26:37 AM »

Offline ralph

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Ewing Jr is a great option at the 3, so is Larry Owens.
Gerald Green makes me think that guys like mikki moore aren't that bad, cause mikki has an excuse he went undrafted, but green was the 18th pick.

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Classic case of getting burnt drafting on potential.

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 09:32:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He was one of ours when we where BAD... we should atleast wish him good luck and hope he find his niche in Russia.

I think one of the reasons that a lot of people resent Gerald is that the reports were that he wasn't putting in the work to reach his potential.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 10:31:10 AM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
He was one of ours when we where BAD... we should atleast wish him good luck and hope he find his niche in Russia.

I think one of the reasons that a lot of people resent Gerald is that the reports were that he wasn't putting in the work to reach his potential.

which is why Rajon is lucky to have Hall of Famers that he can emulate as to whom Gerald had to emulate besides Paul... Wally Z? The Kid has issues, its given but I guess he was unfortunate to be at the Right Place at Wrong Time...

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

which is why Rajon is lucky to have Hall of Famers that he can emulate as to whom Gerald had to emulate besides Paul... Wally Z? The Kid has issues, its given but I guess he was unfortunate to be at the Right Place at Wrong Time...

I would accept that excuse, accept that the exact same concerns followed him to Minnesota (granted, a young team) and Houston (a veteran team, close to a lot of his support system).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 12:17:44 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Gerald Green makes me think that guys like mikki moore aren't that bad, cause mikki has an excuse he went undrafted, but green was the 18th pick.

That's not Gerald's fault that he was the 18th pick.  That's Ainge's fault.  Gerald's agent was very smart not to allow him to work out for teams before the draft. And Ainge wasn't smart because he picked a guy who didn't work out for him or anyone else.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2010, 01:09:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

That's not Gerald's fault that he was the 18th pick.  That's Ainge's fault.  Gerald's agent was very smart not to allow him to work out for teams before the draft. And Ainge wasn't smart because he picked a guy who didn't work out for him or anyone else.

It's kind of both of their faults.

Danny gambled on a player with potential, and he deserves blame for that, I suppose.  Sometimes those gambles work out (Rondo), and sometimes they don't (Banks, Gerald).

However, Gerald gets a healthy dose of blame for never turning that potential into anything.

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2010, 01:53:36 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Gerald always struck me as a Communist basketball player.

A true commie would share the ball...

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Well, a communist leader would talk about sharing the ball, but would instead keep it for himself.

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »

Offline Spoon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14

That's revisionist garbage. In every mock draft, Gerald Green was a lottery pick. NBADraft.net had him going #10 in their last mock draft. Chad Ford and Shawn Siegel had him going #6.  InsideHoops.com and About.com had him #5 in their last mocks. DraftExpress and Chad Ford both said the Celtics got the steal of the draft getting Green in #18.

Green had the talent. He just couldn't develop it. That was his fault. Not Danny Ainge's fault who drafted based on talent and took someone everyone thought was a top 10 pick before the draft. Give me a break!

Everyone on this blog went have went insane and killed Ainge if he didn't take Green back then. When you are drafting 18, and a potential star is available, you take him. That isn't like screwing up a lottery pick on a guy. Drafting is always a risk. That's why the majority of picks do not work out.

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2010, 04:06:19 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Well, a communist leader would talk about sharing the ball, but would instead keep it for himself.

Indeed...touche.

Gerald Green might very well be team captain over there...