Author Topic: Chris Paul trade idea, 3 way C's, Memphis, Hornets  (Read 2782 times)

Chris Paul trade idea, 3 way C's, Memphis, Hornets
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:11:30 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ekeo2u

with also xavier henry going to the hornets from memphis
or maybe we can get him for a first round pick  :P

With Shaq here maybe it time to go for the throatt and get chris paul w/th okafor

Re: Chris Paul trade idea, 3 way C's, Memphis, Hornets
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 03:30:41 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I think MEM, for one, is giving up too much...Conley, Mayo, and Gasol for Rondo....

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:37:21 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
lol yeah... If Memphis was going to give up Conley, Mayo and Gasol for Rondo... we'd just trade Rondo to Memphis.   Crazytime

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:56:04 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
1) don't think conley is that great,
2) rondo is signed up for the next 5 years don't discount that,
3) gasol is a free agent next year.
4) they also get thornton in the deal, who was pretty good last year, look at his numbers, surpised ppl ignored his inclusion

maybe it could be adjusted with thabeet instead of gasol, with thornton staying and the griz getting bradley instead

so

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24tlefl

with henry going to the hornets

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:27:32 AM by goCeltics »

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 07:02:44 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I don't see why Memphis would do this. They are giving up too much to get just Rondo and nothing else.

Also, the Celtics give up Rondo, three bigs (granted one is supposedly retiring) AND the potential steal of this draft for a marginal upgrade at PG and an overpaid C?

No thanks.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 07:40:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Why doesnt anyone understand that Rondo is a top 5, maybe top 3 point guard in the league and Chris Paul is a ball dominate point guard on a team of veterans who needs the ball. Seriously, end these stupid Chris Paul ideas.

Plus, no team will ever make a trade in which they take on 9 or 10 players in one move. These are just a waste of time.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ekeo2u

with also xavier henry going to the hornets from memphis
or maybe we can get him for a first round pick  :P

With Shaq here maybe it time to go for the throatt and get chris paul w/th okafor

Clearly this was a 2am post

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't see why Memphis would do this. They are giving up too much to get just Rondo and nothing else.

Also, the Celtics give up Rondo, three bigs (granted one is supposedly retiring) AND the potential steal of this draft for a marginal upgrade at PG and an overpaid C?

No thanks.

I think the Celtics are giving up too much too.  Rondo, Wallace, Baby and Perk?  Just about all our bigs!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
ppl think either rondo is too good to be traded away or not enough to net a marginal point guard, a pretty good wing and projected big by himself with bradley btw i wouldn't do a rondo+bradley for thabeet, conley + mayo but ppl here think otherwise.

also gaffney & layefette & wallace trade fillers, all designed to be waived and bought out so the hornets would be getting 7 players max and trading away 4, hardly usual as some have tried to suggest

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 05:04:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
ppl think either rondo is too good to be traded away or not enough to net a marginal point guard, a pretty good wing and projected big by himself with bradley btw i wouldn't do a rondo+bradley for thabeet, conley + mayo but ppl here think otherwise.

also gaffney & layefette & wallace trade fillers, all designed to be waived and bought out so the hornets would be getting 7 players max and trading away 4, hardly usual as some have tried to suggest

To add to the confusion of why this thread was started, this post where you are trying to emphasize your point makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I dont think I have ever seen one team trade for 10 players at one time... Think about these things man, its just illogical.