Author Topic: Joey Graham to Cleveland... New Trade Idea  (Read 3526 times)

Joey Graham to Cleveland... New Trade Idea
« on: July 30, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/19916276427

I have a new Trade Idea. Please share thoughts. Graham and Moon are a little redundant so I wonder if Moon is available via trade...

Boston recieves Shaq (at 4 mill/ year for 2 years), Fernandez, and Moon.

Portland receives Mo Williams, Lafayette, and Gaffney, Cleveland second rounder, and a Boston second rounder.

Cleveland receives Andre Miller, Joel Pryzbilla, Sheed's contract, a first rounder from Boston, and a second rounder from Portland

Why for Cleveland?

With the addition of Ramon Sessions and the departure of LeBron James Mo Williams is no longer a good fit for Cleveland. He can shoot but so can the cheaper Daniel Gibson. He cant create for himself and for others like Sessions can. Pryzbilla is in the last year of his deal. He is hurt but it is possible he could return at some point this season. Cleveland would also own his bird rights and the only center they have under contract is Ryan Hollins. Also Miller is an expiring deal because his salary is not guaranteed next year and a solid veteran for thier team. Both Pryzbilla and Miller could be valuable assets come deadline time. Cleveland also gets some picks and would only have to use a little under $800,000.00 dollars of their LeBron trade exception to make this work.

Why for Portland?

Fernandez wants out and they want to trade him. They are also looking for a pg who fits with Roy better than Miller does and Williams is a classic fit next to a guy like Roy because he can play off the ball. Williams, Roy, Whoever, Aldridge, and Camby would be a very good starting unit. CP3 is not getting traded so Portland has to move on and they have already expressed interest in Williams earlier this off season. Also Portland only has to exchange second round picks with Cleveland and they get a second rounder from Boston.

Why for us?

We get Fernandez - a creative shooter/playmaker. We get Moon - an athletic SF who can decently shoot the three, play defense, has great length, and plays above the rim. We get Shaq - it has been tirelessly debated what he can do for us @ 4 mill/yr. for 2 years. That money is about as much as he will get because no one os giving him the MLE and he gets to play for Boston. All we give up is guys who wouldn't be on our team anyways - Gaffney, Sheed, Lafayette - a first round pick (likely early to  mid 20s next year) and a second rounder.

Our roster would look like:

Rondo/Nate/Bradley
Ray/Fernandez/Wafer
Pierce/Moon/Daniels
KG/BBD/Harangody
JO/Shaq/Perk (injured)/Erden

Obviously this is 16 guys. I think Erden is the most likely to be gone so we add him in the deal shipping him to Portland or Cleveland. Or we could trade him to another team. Or we ride with 16 players in camp and see who doesn't make the cut which would likely come down to Harangody and Erden.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Joey Graham to Cleveland... New Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Don't like Moon.  He is not a smart player.  I'd rather have Parker.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:25:27 PM »

Offline democritic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
I'd just take Moon out of the deal, then we'd be at 15 and not have to cut a guaranteed contract or lose Harangody.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Brilliant. I'd love to have either Moon or Parker. We get an athletic freak at the 3, shooter at the two and the biggest big of them all.

Love it.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Don't make no sense for the Cavs, unfortunately. Why would they want Miller and Sessions on the same team?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Don't make no sense for the Cavs, unfortunately. Why would they want Miller and Sessions on the same team?

It's not about the payer as much as it is the contract. Since Miller's contract is not guarnteed next year he essentially is like Delonte West, Rasheed Wallace. or Erik Dampier were this year. Thus he would be a nice trade asset next off season or he could be cut after this year making him essentially an expiring contract this year. Cleveland gets salary cap relief or a nice trade asset plus Pryzbilla who they could keep with bird rights, trade, or also let expire... They also get a first round pick.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:02:54 PM by Kane3387 »

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »

Offline Asijs

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 54
Hmmm. Better Shaq and Parker

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

It's not about the payer as much as it is the contract. Sense Miller's contract is not guarnteed next year he essentially is like Delonte West, Rasheed Wallace. or Erik Dampier were this year. Thus he would be a nice trade asset next off season or he could be cut after this year making him essentially an expiring contract this year. Cleveland gets salary cap relief or a nice trade asset plus Pryzbilla who they could keep with bird rights, trade, or also let expire... They also get a first round pick.

Fair point -- hadn't looked at it that way. Shaq's deal has to be a min of 3 years (though i think options can be a part of that).
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 05:58:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

It's not about the payer as much as it is the contract. Sense Miller's contract is not guarnteed next year he essentially is like Delonte West, Rasheed Wallace. or Erik Dampier were this year. Thus he would be a nice trade asset next off season or he could be cut after this year making him essentially an expiring contract this year. Cleveland gets salary cap relief or a nice trade asset plus Pryzbilla who they could keep with bird rights, trade, or also let expire... They also get a first round pick.

Fair point -- hadn't looked at it that way. Shaq's deal has to be a min of 3 years (though i think options can be a part of that).

Just make the third year completely non-guaranteed and everything is gravy.

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 06:51:32 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Excellent idea. Just mentioned something along the same lines on the front page.

If we could get Rudy for a pick or sign West for vet min, then we coul use Sheed's contract to get Shaq + Parker ( I rlly don't like Moon that much).

Anyways tp for the effort put into the post.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Moon is a dud.