Author Topic: Would Ainge do this deal with Portland?  (Read 4105 times)

Would Ainge do this deal with Portland?
« on: July 30, 2010, 05:36:48 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
BOSTON SENDS: Kendrick Perkins, Avery Bradley, Big Baby and future 1st of thier choice in 2011 or 2012. Or a counter offer of Sending just Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson and a 1st and 2nd for

PORTLAND SENDS: Greg Oden and Rudy Fernandez

Not sure exactly how this works out financially being I dont understand that cap with what fillers either side would have to throw in to make it work. But I wonder would Portland think long and hard about getting rid of Oden and a player who no longer wants to be there in Fernandez, for 2 playoff proven players in Davis and Perkins who could help and one very talented young PG which is a position of need with their sqaud.

For Boston I like it because we could bring Oden back along slow on the 2nd Unit. Sign Shaq to provide him a mentor and a guy who's game is along the same lines as his when he was younger while also providing us a short term starter at Center for year 1 of our hopefully extended 2yr window. Jermaine O'neal could slide to Power Forward on our 2nd unit and provide mismatch problems to opposing PF's. He can knock down the Jumper and play good helpside defense in the paint with block shots with Oden gaurding bigs. Our 2nd Unit interior defense and rebounding becomes absolutely tremendous and Luke Harangody could fill the PF role when we need energy and a extra shooter if either Big is shelved with a injury for a little time. The extra big bodies allows us to hide harangody's defense a bit with those erasers underneath. And Rudy Fernandez could play the SF and provide us the shooting we need on the 2nd unit. I hope this is something Danny could pull off would do you guys think?

Re: Would Ainge do this deal with Portland?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 05:46:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Oden is completely unreliable.  We don't need the second coming of Sam Bowie.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:01 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The min I saw Perk's name mentioned I cringed.....

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 06:56:23 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Oden is completely unreliable.  We don't need the second coming of Sam Bowie.
maybe so, but do you know when Perkins is going to come back and just what type of player he will be when he does.

I honestly don't think Portland does the deal.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 07:05:22 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
There is no way Ainge could turn this deal down (the second deal that is. The one that does not include Bradley).

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 07:53:46 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Portland laughs hysterically at that offer and tells Danny to put down the crack pipe.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 09:06:15 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Portland laughs hysterically at that offer and tells Danny to put down the crack pipe.

Yep.

The only way Portland is trading Oden is if we offer up Rondo (which is also not happening, before we get a trade proposal on that). 

He may have been a disappointment so far and they may even think he'll continue to be a disappointment.  But there's no way they're trading him for a bunch of role players to then watch him become a superstar here and hear about it for the next fifteen years. 

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I would do that trade in a heart beat.  Oden would be destined to become a star with the Celtics.  If you re-arrange the letters in his name, it says "Green God".  If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.   8)

But Portland never does that trade.  Oden may have been a dissapointment so far because of injuries, and for all we know he might struggle with injuries his entire career, but when he's played, he's played pretty well.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:06:37 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
I wouldn't trade Perkins for Oden even though he is going to be out an extended period of time.  That being said I am on board with any trade that nets us Oden and Fernandez if it involves Rasheed's contract and a few pieces or draft picks.

I just don't think Portland bites on any trade for Oden especially for an injured Perkins who won't have an impact this year and is a free agent.  I think they will continue riding it out and hoping that he becomes injury free becaus he is still young.  It's painful to watch but it is more painful to give up on a number one that has the potential to become great.

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 10:15:56 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

I don't know if that's quite the case in Portland. 
Oden has been a bust for them, an absolute bust.  They must be bitter about nabbing him and missing out on the future of our league in KD.  Oden will probably never be the player that he was projected to be, and at this point in his career it looks like even the softest of the big men (Yao) may have had better careers than him, even if yao retired right now.  Also, the only centers that they have on their roster are all injury prone at this point.

Perk, on the other hand, has been a gleaming ray of light for this franchise.  He has transformed his body, his game, and most recently his attitude.  ;)  He is considered by most to be the best defensive center in the league, and despite his poor debating skills with the refs, he has a great work ethic and seems to be a great personality and kid.

I feel that even with the injuries, it is Danny who scoffs and this deal, even though the fantasy leager inside of him (and me) is dying as he says "thanks, but no thanks". 
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I would do that trade in a heart beat.  Oden would be destined to become a star with the Celtics.  If you re-arrange the letters in his name, it says "Green God".  If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.   8)

It also spells "Green Dog."

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
The frustrated basketball engineer (FBE) in me tries out this idear:

Rondo, Sheeds contract, Perkins

for

Greg Oden, Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw (S&T)....

The X from Portland could take me back to court for more money for raping the Trailblazers. The Celtics bloggers saying that traidng Rondo and Perkins is sheer blasphemy.

This is my summer of discontent and I have to serve my sentence of watching 3 Seattle Storm WNBA games for attempting to steal the NBA crown from the Lakers when I invoked my lucky charms.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 11:29:58 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79

for

The X from Portland could take me back to court for more money for raping the Trailblazers. The Celtics bloggers saying that traidng Rondo and Perkins is sheer blasphemy.

This is my summer of discontent and I have to serve my sentence of watching 3 Seattle Storm WNBA games for attempting to steal the NBA crown from the Lakers when I invoked my lucky charms.

Rondo is top 3 at his position.  None of the Portland guys are even top 20 at their position.

Portland would take this trade in a heartbeat. 

Any Rondo trade would include Roy (Brandon, not Hobbs)

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Love how these Rudy Fernandez proposals keep bringing in Oden. Come back to earth now please....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

for

Rondo is top 3 at his position.  None of the Portland guys are even top 20 at their position.

Portland would take this trade in a heartbeat. 

Call me crazy buy I do this deal involving Portland even though Outlaw is out of the question. I would trade Rondo knowing we have a potential all-star big coming back and Miller, Nate and Bradley as backups. We win on that deal I believe.

Any Rondo trade would include Roy (Brandon, not Hobbs)