Author Topic: GS Trade Thoughts  (Read 1415 times)

GS Trade Thoughts
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:30:31 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I know this has been talked about, but the new ownership appear ready and willing to deal Biedrens and Ellis.

Any chance we can put together a package to get them both?  I really like Ellis, but think we may have to take Biedrens as part of a package.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: GS Trade Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 10:37:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ellis is a really bad fit to play next to Rondo, not only that but the only attractive player for GS would be Rondo.

Rondo is the better player so that's not going to happen.

Biedrins would greatly interest me though, again I think they'd want Rondo for him. I don't see what else we have to offer.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The Celtics wouldn't touch Ellis, in my opinion -- thankfully.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I know this has been talked about, but the new ownership appear ready and willing to deal Biedrens and Ellis.

Any chance we can put together a package to get them both?  I really like Ellis, but think we may have to take Biedrens as part of a package.
I think Biedrens would be a good fit. A young long athletic big to blitz screens, the same way KG does.

I believe we could do a Sheed + Gaffney + Laffayette for him because of the 1.25% rule and Sheed's trade kicker.

Ellis might be a bad fit on defense with Rondo in the back court but Rondo and Ellis getting out on the break would be a thing of beauty.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:55:14 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I wouldn't mind ellis in a bench role if he came cheap, but he really needs to be next to good outside shooters, and rondo's already a major liability in that department.

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 11:22:54 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I think the most likely destination for Ellis is Minny -- they strike as one of the only teams willing / dumb enough to want him and take him. I'd be very interested in taking pieces off the wolves hands in exchange for sheed's deal going to GSW.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)