Author Topic: Source: Lorenzen Wright Found Dead in Southeast Memphis  (Read 11385 times)

Re: Source: Lorenzen Wright Found Dead in Southeast Memphis
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 12:40:20 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Champkind that's an excellent example and very good point. Stephen Jackson is the other side of the argument  I guess. As for my attributes comment Redz I wasn't just saying Memphis has all these negative attributes and Tony is sure to find trouble. I was more or less remarking on the fact that there are certain organizations that use their clubs and strip clubs as a way to woo players and free agents. Memphis I was told was one of them. More and more these days it seems like these clubs and strip clubs are where the problems seem to arise. Obviously every city has them but they are more prevalent in some cities than others. And some organizations use them as selling points that's all.

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My comments were about the other killings down there that teamsmoothie brought up. Not the city itself. Just to clarify my thoughts. That being said, do you think it's good for a player such as Tony Allen to go from a city like Boston to a city like Memphis? He seemed pretty emersed in the Chicago gang culture. But seemed to put that behind him while he was here. From an NBA perspective Memphis has a lot of vice like attributes that can be major selling points to a player. Mainly clubs and strip clubs. There's actually a few cities known to lure free agents in this way. But I just see it as a regression in Tonys transformation and can't help but be concerned for his future down there. That's all. Nothing against Memphis itself.

Every city has these attributes you're talking about. If Tony wants to find trouble, he can do it anywhere. Stephen Jackson found trouble repeatedly in Indianapolis, then somehow cleaned up in places like San Francisco and Charlotte, places with worse reputations and more opportunities for "vice like attributes."

So did Jamaal Tinsley, Shawne Williams, and (indirectly) Marquis Daniels.  So many players found trouble in Indianapolis that Bird wound up blowing up the team through one-sided trades or paying them not to show up. 

Cities don't make players do anything; it's all about the opportunities for trouble and whether the guy tends to make decisions that up the chance of trouble.  Every city big enough to have an NBA team has those opportunities (yes, even SLC), it's just which guys wind up there really.

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 03:50:14 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw5zdggmtOA&feature=channel

He seemed really nice. People showing a lot of love.

RIP