Author Topic: Is this suppose to be a joke??? Man is this guys ego huge! (Lebron Article)  (Read 65184 times)

Re: Is this suppose to be a joke??? Man is this guys ego huge!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 11:27:12 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
OMG, a wealthy basketball player had a birthday party in Las Vegas.  Stop the presses.  Get this guy out of here.

Seriously, give me a break.  I saw nothing in that entire article which would give me pause at all.  Just a guy celebrating his birthday with his friends.

A cake made out of a crown???  I agree with you that it's not surprising to see athletes through huge parties like that, but I don't see any of the Celtics doing that right now and I'm glad!

they have this show, called Cake Boss on TLC (or one of those channels).  If you want to see over the top cakes, watch that show.

Maybe I just hate how this guy thinks he is a king when he hasn't won a ring yet.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
IMO it was a little over the top (but could have just been spun that way by the author), but most athletes do have parties like this.  Some of the parts in the article were just like what the ...!

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Seriously, there is nothing wrong at all with that party.  Lebron is young, wealthy, and single, pretty much any one in his position would have those sorts of parties.  Frankly, most such parties would be infinitely worse, like naked women, drugs, alcohol all over the place, fights, etc.  

The party, even with the authors slant to make it seem over the top, was pretty tame really.  The guy just has a lot of money and can do things most people can't.  
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
OMG, a wealthy basketball player had a birthday party in Las Vegas.  Stop the presses.  Get this guy out of here.

Seriously, give me a break.  I saw nothing in that entire article which would give me pause at all.  Just a guy celebrating his birthday with his friends.

Moranis is right on.  This is old hat.  Go look up what Magic Johnson used to do if you're going to be outraged... might of found him hanging out with "women" doing some blow at some mansion in Hollywood. This is nothing new.  Jordan gambling stories are also legendary.

No I agree with him, but those guys were actually winning!

LeBron just won two MVP's and has been carrying a team on his back for 7 years.  I will cut him some slack for his team not winning a title.  Watch how good the Cavs are without him this year.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong at all with that party.  Lebron is young, wealthy, and single, pretty much any one in his position would have those sorts of parties.  Frankly, most such parties would be infinitely worse, like naked women, drugs, alcohol all over the place, fights, etc. 

The party, even with the authors slant to make it seem over the top, was pretty tame really.  The guy just has a lot of money and can do things most people can't. 

Look at Mike Vick or other NFLers.  LeBron is maybe the biggest star in sports by comparison and there were no shoot outs to end his party.

You can hear about plenty of Magic Johnson stories that make this look like a kids party.  John Salley has some great stories about partying in the NBA and this was nothing.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:46 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I am starting to like him.  I really hope he is fully embracing the supervillian persona. 

How can you like this guy?   He is such an egomaniac jerk it's not even funny (And that's to put it lightly)!

If he takes it to the next level, I think it will be great.  I know the whole Hollywood Hogan joke has been overdone, but it really seems to be getting more and more realistic.  If he truly embraces it, it will be incredibly entertaining.

So this guy changing his persona makes you like him.  Do you forget what he did to his hometown just last month?

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
I am starting to like him.  I really hope he is fully embracing the supervillian persona. 

How can you like this guy?   He is such an egomaniac jerk it's not even funny (And that's to put it lightly)!

If he takes it to the next level, I think it will be great.  I know the whole Hollywood Hogan joke has been overdone, but it really seems to be getting more and more realistic.  If he truly embraces it, it will be incredibly entertaining.

So this guy changing his persona makes you like him.  Do you forget what he did to his hometown just last month?
He didn't do anything to his hometown.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
OMG, a wealthy basketball player had a birthday party in Las Vegas.  Stop the presses.  Get this guy out of here.

Seriously, give me a break.  I saw nothing in that entire article which would give me pause at all.  Just a guy celebrating his birthday with his friends.

Moranis is right on.  This is old hat.  Go look up what Magic Johnson used to do if you're going to be outraged... might of found him hanging out with "women" doing some blow at some mansion in Hollywood. This is nothing new.  Jordan gambling stories are also legendary.

LeBron just won two MVP's and has been carrying a team on his back for 7 years.  I will cut him some slack for his team not winning a title.  Watch how good the Cavs are without him this year.

He had a decent enough supporting cast to win it this year IMO.  You don't win 61 games in the regular season without having a decent enough supporting cast to win it!

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 11:33:39 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Seriously, there is nothing wrong at all with that party.  Lebron is young, wealthy, and single, pretty much any one in his position would have those sorts of parties.  Frankly, most such parties would be infinitely worse, like naked women, drugs, alcohol all over the place, fights, etc.  

The party, even with the authors slant to make it seem over the top, was pretty tame really.  The guy just has a lot of money and can do things most people can't.  

He's not single he has a girlfriend and kids.

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
How do you say-creepy

Sports journalism has become WWE. Hero vs Villain.

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

He didn't do anything to his hometown.

He spurned them just as he did in Cleveland.  There is a reason they took down the home of LeBron James sign in Akron.  Cleveland and Akron were interconnected and you just like him don't understand that.

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 11:36:24 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Moranis is right on.  This is old hat.  Go look up what Magic Johnson used to do if you're going to be outraged... might of found him hanging out with "women" doing some blow at some mansion in Hollywood. This is nothing new.  Jordan gambling stories are also legendary.

He had a decent enough supporting cast to win it this year IMO.  You don't win 61 games in the regular season without having a decent enough supporting cast to win it!

Actually you do.  Notice teams like the Mavs that are great regular season teams are not able to do it in the playoffs.  Why?  Defense is intense and you need to step up under pressure.

If you have ever watched the Cavs play in the Playoffs at crunch time, it is four guys standing around watching LeBron and him trying to make something happen.  At most they are waiting for a kick out for a shot.  He had no help when he needed it.  We played great team defense and didn't let him beat us alone and guys like Mo and Antawn choked big time.

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 11:37:13 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
How do you say-creepy

Sports journalism has become WWE. Hero vs Villain.

It is very weird that there would be an article on this and I don't even know why I posted it.  Not worth a post at all very dumb of me to post this to be honest!

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Actually you do.  Notice teams like the Mavs that are great regular season teams are not able to do it in the playoffs.  Why?  Defense is intense and you need to step up under pressure.

If you have ever watched the Cavs play in the Playoffs at crunch time, it is four guys standing around watching LeBron and him trying to make something happen.  At most they are waiting for a kick out for a shot.  He had no help when he needed it.  We played great team defense and didn't let him beat us alone and guys like Mo and Antawn choked big time.

Dallas made it to the Finals the year before.  Game one wasn't LeBron doing everything.  Mo Williams had a darn good game if you don't forget, even though  I will admit with you that it was mostly LeBron and the rest of his team standing around.

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Moranis is right on.  This is old hat.  Go look up what Magic Johnson used to do if you're going to be outraged... might of found him hanging out with "women" doing some blow at some mansion in Hollywood. This is nothing new.  Jordan gambling stories are also legendary.

Dallas made it to the Finals the year before.  Game one wasn't LeBron doing everything.  Mo Williams had a darn good game if you don't forget, even though  I will admit with you that it was mostly LeBron and the rest of his team standing around.

Dallas got that far that season against a weaker West and also got beat by the Warriors in the biggest Playoff upset of all time.

Dude, you are patting Mo Williams on the back for one good game, that he did have, BUT HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SECOND BEST PLAYER ON THAT TEAM! Jordan couldn't have Pippen showing up for one game of a series.  Mo Williams is streaky and dissapears for quarters at a time.  He is not at all reliable.

That team was all LeBron.  During the regular season you can get away with that type play but not against great defense in the playoffs because they can take away one guy and the rest of the team looked scared by us.

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I also am not a big fan of these sourceless "journalism" stories recently. 

I get it on the Woj story from last week, but how is this "sourceless"?  The writer was there and names pretty much everyone involved.  Sourceless would be if he wasn't there and quoted someone anonymously who claimed to be present.

I don't care what LeBron does with his free time, but multiply the stuff in this article by his entire adult life and it's pretty easy to understand how he's so full of himself.  Don't know if any of us would be any better if we got this kind of treatment.