Author Topic: Danny vs Kahn, Wallace and Cho: funny blockbuster trade idea  (Read 2096 times)

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Ok, so giving a first round pick for Rudy is not clear? Let's expand the idea  ;D

Four teams involved in a trade, that works in the Trade Machine:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=246rjpv

Boston sends Glen Davis to TWolves
Boston sends Perkins, Lafayette, Gaffney and 2011 first round pick to Portland
Boston sends Rasheed Wallace, 3 mil, the 2012 second round pick and the rights to Luke Harangody to Memphis

Boston receives Oden,Corey Brewer, Rudy Fernandez and Darrell Arthur, the rights to Xavier Henry, and the TWolves 2014 second round pick.

Minny sends Corey Brewer and their 2014 second round pick to Boston, and the Memphis 2011 first round pick to Portland

Minny receives Glen Davis and Joel Przybilla

Portland sends Greg Oden and Rudy Fernandez to Boston, and Przybilla to Minny

Portland receives Kendrick Perkins, Oliver Lafayette, Tony Gaffney and Boston 2011 first round pick; receives Memphis 2011 first round pick via Minny; receives H. Thabeet from Memphis

Memphis sends Darrell Arthur and the rights to Xavier Henry to Boston, sends H. Thabeet to Portland

Memphis receives Rasheed Wallace, 3 mil cash considerations and Boston 2012 second round pick

Boston get Oden, Corey Brewer and Rudy Fernandez to play with Rondo, Darrell Arthur for the bench, and Xavier Henry to develope besides Avery Bradley. Oden is the best player in the trade, but also the highest risk, Celtics could end losing Perk and Davis for nothing, or getting the next Chief. Minny's 2014 second round pick could probably end being in the mid 30's. Another asset.

Minny gets Davis, who is the 2nd best player in the trade, makes room for Wesley Johnson, and gets Przybilla's contract to add to the multiple players Kahn will try to dump come trade deadline or next year's draft. If a PG could be included... maybe the C's could send Lue on loan until Kahn finds another PG prospect.

Portland loses his biggest prospect but also candidate to be the next Sam Bowie, but gets a big prospect in Thabeet, and the best defensive Center in Perk. Perk won't play until the ASG, but Przybilla probably won't play again, so it could end being a very good trade for the Blazers. They also get two first round picks to negotiate with when next draft arrives.

Memphis... gets under the cap, receives some money to buyout Sheed and fix Wallace's problem with Xavier Henry;they get the rights to the top 4th ranked rookie in the Summer Leagues, who can be had without signing a guaranteed contract. Also the 2012 Celtics second round pick, who could end being a decent asset if the Celtics struggle in the 2011-2012 season.

Of course, a 4-team trade is almost impossible to work out, but would you give Perk and Davis to get Oden, Brewer and the other young pieces? Would Cho do it? Would Chris Wallace do it? Would Kahn do it, without a PG involved in the trade? Pure especulation.

Peace

Re: Danny vs Kahn, Wallace and Cho: funny blockbuster trade idea
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 02:04:42 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
I love your tags lol. And the trade idea of course but it's only in our dreams. I'd pitch a fit if we somehow brought Oden to town, I hate OSU but living in Ohio I got to see an awful lot of him, he's got some serious skills if he can ever stay healthy. TP for your efforts!
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

Re: Danny vs Kahn, Wallace and Cho: funny blockbuster trade idea
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:58:07 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I love your tags lol. And the trade idea of course but it's only in our dreams. I'd pitch a fit if we somehow brought Oden to town, I hate OSU but living in Ohio I got to see an awful lot of him, he's got some serious skills if he can ever stay healthy. TP for your efforts!

Back at you... yes, is only in my dreams, a 4-way trade is almost impossible to work out, but I'm just a fan  ;)  and you can read posts about getting Rudy, Oden, Corey Brewer, even to pry Xavier Henry out of Wallace's hands. Good ideas don't become trades most of the time.