Author Topic: Rockets have to be the team that C's trade Rasheed's contract to.  (Read 5513 times)

Re: Rockets have to be the team that C's trade Rasheed's contract to.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well, the Houston Rockets just sent center David Anderson to the Toronto Raptors for a second round draft pick cutting $2.5 million from their salary cap figure.

Letting the cost cutting begin!!!
I don't know if they'll give up a useful rotation player to use just for Sheed's deal.

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 09:23:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well, the Houston Rockets just sent center David Anderson to the Toronto Raptors for a second round draft pick cutting $2.5 million from their salary cap figure.

I don't know if they'll give up a useful rotation player to use just for Sheed's deal.
Trading away a $7 million contract, like say Battier's or Jeffries', saves them $14 million. For a team that has never paid luxury taxes, that is a huge amount of money.

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 09:38:12 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I hope you're right Nick.  I'd love to get Battier (or Ariza) and hayes and if you're not right I sure as heck wouldn't mind Fernandez and Pryzbilla.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »

Offline Jevi

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I hope you're right Nick.  I'd love to get Battier (or Ariza) and hayes and if you're not right I sure as heck wouldn't mind Fernandez and Pryzbilla.

I hope he's sticking to either of those deals,both would fill serious needs on this team. Hard to say which is more needed than the other. Detroit seems unrealistic money wise. I'd like  a 6'8" wing, and big to round out the roster.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 10:20:56 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I still don't see them giving away Battier.  I don't know how any team that plans on contending (or at least being a playoff team) does that. 

Not saying it isn't possible, but I'm not expecting them to accept everyone's favorite package of Wallace's contract and our two future superstars, Tony Gaffney and Oliver Lafayette. 

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 10:32:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I still don't see them giving away Battier.  I don't know how any team that plans on contending (or at least being a playoff team) does that. 

Not saying it isn't possible, but I'm not expecting them to accept everyone's favorite package of Wallace's contract and our two future superstars, Tony Gaffney and Oliver Lafayette. 
Rasheed and picks. Say the ability to swap first round picks in the same year anytime between now and 2013 and a 2011 2nd rounder.

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Trading away a $7 million contract, like say Battier's or Jeffries', saves them $14 million. For a team that has never paid luxury taxes, that is a huge amount of money.

You can't equate Battier and Jeffries.  Battier is their team leader and a key cog in their rotation.  Jeffries is a 10th man at best. 

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 11:21:44 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Rasheed and picks. Say the ability to swap first round picks in the same year anytime between now and 2013 and a 2011 2nd rounder.

Still don't think they do it. 

I think there are better ways for them to get under the luxury tax threshold (like today's deal), than trading away Battier.

Hope you're right though...