Author Topic: Trade I would love. (Bos - Phi)  (Read 2217 times)

Trade I would love. (Bos - Phi)
« on: July 26, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Boston trade Wallace and 1st to Philly for Young (now a bench player) and Green. 

Saves Philly some money this year plus they add a 1st. 

Little chance it happens.

Re: Trade I would love. (Bos - Phi)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:59:05 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
I would like to see this Bos.-Phi. trade

Sheed and Lafayette

for

Kapono and Speights.

And then if we got Speights, then I would look to see what we could get for Baby in another trade.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'd love to have either Young or Speights, but I can't see Philly trading them unless they're getting value or major economic relief. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Does Thaddeus Young add that much?

I didn't like what I saw from him last season when he tried to play the small forward position. Looks a lot more effective (and comfortable) as an undersized power forward.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'd love to have either Young or Speights, but I can't see Philly trading them unless they're getting value or major economic relief. 

Maybe.

Replace Green with Kapono and add Lafayette and Gaffney.  Allows them to trim about 9 million from their cap.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 11:25:02 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
We'd probably have better luck trying to get them to dump Iguodala, but I don't think they're going to give him away either. 

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 11:43:19 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
We'd probably have better luck trying to get them to dump Iguodala, but I don't think they're going to give him away either. 

Personally, I can't think of a player I'd rather have on this team than Iggy. Always had a man crush on him. Would love his defense and athleticism to go alongside Rondo. And I think he's strong enough where we could occasionally go small with him.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Roy, Do you think that Philly would deal Speights if they dumped Iggy's contract in the same deal?

if so, you'd have to strongly consider a Perk/Sheed/Gaffney/Lafayette for Iggy/Speights deal.

I know perk's defense is valuable, but Speights is a load on offense and could completely change how other teams have to defend us. Perk seemed to regress on offense last year, and i truly thought that our offense is diminishing faster than defense, and that our offensive predictability and tendency toward stagnation was the fatal flaw last year; trade perk for speights and we would lose some D certainly, but our D would still be smothering and our offense would be much more versatile. Of course, further motivation for this trade is that speights is cost-controlled for 2 more years at least, while Perk is out for most of theis year and will be questionably effective and is a free agent after this year and will likely want a raise.

Iggy would be a GREAT versatile athlete/defender off the bench.

If Miami goes with Miller/James/Wade/Bosh/Haslem and we aren't handling it well, we could throw out Iggy/Pierce/Allen/KG/Speights and hold our own.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Roy, Do you think that Philly would deal Speights if they dumped Iggy's contract in the same deal?

if so, you'd have to strongly consider a Perk/Sheed/Gaffney/Lafayette for Iggy/Speights deal.

I know perk's defense is valuable, but Speights is a load on offense and could completely change how other teams have to defend us. Perk seemed to regress on offense last year, and i truly thought that our offense is diminishing faster than defense, and that our offensive predictability and tendency toward stagnation was the fatal flaw last year; trade perk for speights and we would lose some D certainly, but our D would still be smothering and our offense would be much more versatile. Of course, further motivation for this trade is that speights is cost-controlled for 2 more years at least, while Perk is out for most of theis year and will be questionably effective and is a free agent after this year and will likely want a raise.

Iggy would be a GREAT versatile athlete/defender off the bench.

If Miami goes with Miller/James/Wade/Bosh/Haslem and we aren't handling it well, we could throw out Iggy/Pierce/Allen/KG/Speights and hold our own.

Not to jump on you for this, since it seems to be a very common idea, but Philly is not looking to "dump" Igoudala.  He is one of the most valuable assets they have. 

I think they are considering moving on from him, but they are not going to "dump" him, and most certainly are not going to give another asset to make it happen.

They are looking to move him, either as enticement for someone to take on Brand's ugly contract, or to bring in another star who is a better fit.  And, I think even if a team took on Brand, they would also have to get significantly more back than just savings to include Iggy in the deal.

And I think Speights and Young are in a similar situation...except they are much less willing to give either of those guys up.  But, a team might be able to get one of those guys in a package for Brand...I just wouldn't count on it.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:20 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42

Personally, I can't think of a player I'd rather have on this team than Iggy. Always had a man crush on him. Would love his defense and athleticism to go alongside Rondo. And I think he's strong enough where we could occasionally go small with him.

I am with you on the Iggy man crush.  I don't get all the talk about him not being a valuable asset.  He is young, athletic, and a decent ball handler/passer.  Every time I see him play he has a decent outside shot and he works to get better.  I think Collins will bring out the best in Iggy though and he will be worth more at seasons end.

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
IGGY is a perfect fit.  He is basically Lebron light so it will never happen in a salary dump.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 12:52:52 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

I first read this as "major comic relief". ::)  I guess I need new glasses. :D

Anyway, yeah, I don't see them doing it.  But would love to have either.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson