Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 4438 times)

DC Universe Online
« on: July 24, 2010, 11:37:17 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
The latest trailer for any fellow comic book nerds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQHYUsptJk

I've never played online but this is one game that will probably get me to.

Re: DC Universe Online
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:44:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
TP for the post, GK.

I just watched that video with my oldest son. Looks like a winner and a good story line as well.

Fallout New Vegas looking good as well. Looks like a Great Fall for gamers.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
TP for the post, GK.

I just watched that video with my oldest son. Looks like a winner and a good story line as well.

Thanks!

The main website has a lot of videos too but this was the best one.  I'm not sure how I will like it if you can't play as one of the main characters but it looks like they know what they're doing.  They've delayed this three or four times just to get it right.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 09:47:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
TP for the post, GK.

Thanks!

The main website has a lot of videos too but this was the best one.  I'm not sure how I will like it if you can't play as one of the main characters but it looks like they know what they're doing.  They've delayed this three or four times just to get it right.
I'm sure you're being allowed to play as one of the many disposable Justice League members. Thus able to customize your powers.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I'm keeping an eye on this one, but I've already been burned hard by champions online, and City of Hero's continues to be good.

Pretty much I'll wait till I hear from you guys and some other friends who I know are all about it, then mabey I'll ditch COH for it.

Does have my interest peaked though.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 11:15:03 AM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Wow! wish they made a movie just like this with the Kingdom Come storyline.

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 09:39:15 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
TP for the post, GK.

Thanks!

I'm sure you're being allowed to play as one of the many disposable Justice League members. Thus able to customize your powers.

They let you play a various real heroes for "back story/train" missions.

So you will get to play as Batman Superman etc...for the length of a mission but you will have your own character most of the time.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
I'm keeping an eye on this one, but I've already been burned hard by champions online, and City of Hero's continues to be good.

Pretty much I'll wait till I hear from you guys and some other friends who I know are all about it, then mabey I'll ditch COH for it.

Does have my interest peaked though.

Ditto except for the interest peaked part.  I will wait to see if it has legs before I jump on board.  I will be on the bandwagon lol.

I bought a lifetime to Star Trek online and kind of regret it so I will be more cafeful.

Only MMO I am getting for sure is The Old Republic!
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 12:07:41 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
Has anyone else tried this?  So far I think it's great.  It's the first MMO I've tried.  I still haven't interacted with anyone because I don't have a headset and I'm not sure I want to.

There have been a few shutdowns but overall it's one of the coolest games I've played.