Author Topic: A trade Idea nobody will like  (Read 4816 times)

Re: A trade Idea nobody will like
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
This was a joke right?

Absolutely NOT.

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 09:39:59 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
This seems like a rebuilding trade, if we're going to rebuild why trade Rondo?  Wouldn't you be better off trading KG?

You see, that is the thing that made me even think about this trade.  We aren't rebuilding for two more years.  You trade Rondo now for a young player (Gallinari) who will come into his own in about 2 years plus you get 2 1st round picks from teams that are probably not going to be that good.  Trading KG would definiely be rebuilding, trading Rondo is not rebuilding.

For the next two years, we would be banking on having Arenas play the point.  Wrought with risk? yep but Arenas could be just what the doctor ordered to play the point and match up against Wade.  Plus he can actually shoot as opposed to Rondo.

In the meantime, we have Arenas as the starting point gaurd and we add Gallinari to the bench.

One of the main reasons I posted this trade, knowing most everyone would immediately reject trading Rondo, is just to think outside the box a little.

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Yeah, the whole thing is completely ridiculous. At least you state ahead of time that you know no one will like it. Aside from the fact that Rondo is the better player right now by a mile, he is much younger and Arenas is injury prone, you have to include the NBA salary algebra into it as well.

Arenas's contract makes his value to the Wiz, or any team, extremely NEGATIVE... the Wiz would be happy to get rid of him for nothing. In fact, if allowed under the rules, they would happily trade him and a future #1 pick for nothing. He has about as much NEGATIVE VALUE as any player in the league.

Rondo, on the other hand, is a top 25 type player (not higher than that, he's not even going to make this current USA team that doesn't have any of the Olympic team... that's 25 guys right there) who is signed for a LONG time at a reasonable lvl... his salary, youth and quality give him ENORMOUS POSITIVE value.

I would say that 99% of the people on the board would NOT do this trade straight up setting aside the age, injury and contracts.

Adding in the contract situation puts this into the Chris Wallace area of terrible ideas. You would struggle to find a worse one, really.

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »

Offline lilfotoman

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
arenas? are you serious??? lol. only pg i would trade for rondo is deron williams. they are building around rondo, why would they get rid of him. he's young and talented, and can only improve from here on.

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
He did say it was a trade nobody like.

Just keep Agent O in Washington and keep Washington out of the playoff picture but have them knock off the Heat and Magic a couple of times to help the Celtics along.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 11:10:19 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
"A trade idea nobody will like"

Why post it then?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 11:15:31 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Aside from this being ridiculous (I know, right...), the biggest strength of this team is that against almost every team (Miami and LA might now be exceptions), we close out games with the best lineup on the floor. 

While the bench is important, all we really need is enough talent to keep Ray and Paul in teh 32-34 mpg.  So I don't think adding a bench player is enough to help.

The only way I'd move Rondo is if we're getting an even better player in return.  Trades where a team trades a superstar for a couple good player almost never workout (in fact, I can't think of any time off the top of my head that they have).