Author Topic: Mark Cuban must be licking his chops...  (Read 1639 times)

Mark Cuban must be licking his chops...
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Dallas was on the "list" of teams CP3's interested in being traded too. I think Dallas has one of the better chances at landing him, they can definitely put together a pu pu platter type of deal.

I'm actually not sure what type of picks Dallas has for the next few seasons, but if they added some 1st round picks - say for 2011 and 2013 - to a deal like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29anpnm it could appeal to NO. They get 2 expiring deals, and Caron can still actually play. The picks can help them add talent to guys like Collison and Thornton, and they'd save some money.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Mark Cuban must be licking his chops...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:58:03 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Dallas was on the "list" of teams CP3's interested in being traded too. I think Dallas has one of the better chances at landing him, they can definitely put together a pu pu platter type of deal.

I'm actually not sure what type of picks Dallas has for the next few seasons, but if they added some 1st round picks - say for 2011 and 2013 - to a deal like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29anpnm it could appeal to NO. They get 2 expiring deals, and Caron can still actually play. The picks can help them add talent to guys like Collison and Thornton, and they'd save some money.
I bet they would have had a much better chance to get him if they still had Dampier's contract.  They jumped the gun getting Chandler.  That could be really useful trying to get CP3.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:02:05 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Butler and stevenson for paul?? Um yea...not a chance. I agree if they kept Damps contract the trading pieces woulda been much more appealing... Paul goes to Dallas however, that instantly moves the Mavs way up in the Western standings.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:02:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I just want him to stay out west - I fear NY will get him and Melo somehow. that's just too many super trios in the east for me.

Obviously, the reason NO do that deal is for the expiring deals. Caron can still play but he's not exactly young anymore.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman