Author Topic: Rumor: Barnes to the Lakers according to Wojo- 1 year for $1.7 million  (Read 11664 times)

Re: Barnes to the Lakers according to Wojo- 1 year for the min.
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 02:39:28 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Wouldn't mind grabbing Shannon Brown now.

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Makes sense, Laker's the only contender who offered more than the vet min. If he signed there for the vet min it's a bad deal for him, but since he's making more for the Laker's he probably made the right decision.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I edited the title to reflect Wojo's quote from his twitter.  He is not reporting it is a done deal, and he is not reporting it at the minimum. 

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 02:50:33 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If Matt Barnes was going to be the diffence between us winning and losing, we've already lost......

Yep.

Kind of hope that he goes to LA, and they match him up against Pierce in next years' finals.  Paul didn't have any trouble against him.  OVER-RATED!

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Well he left $1.6 million on the table by opting out of the second year of his deal with the Orlando Magic. So a $1.7 million one year deal with the L*kers would represent a raise, although the smallest possible one.

Barnes needs new representation.

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Wouldn't mind grabbing Shannon Brown now.

Revenge signing  ;D

But really would be a pretty good fit.  Nice running the break with Rondo and Nate.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I sure hope Barnes enjoys riding the bench.  He'll be lucky to get 15 minutes a game in LA.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
If Matt Barnes was going to be the diffence between us winning and losing, we've already lost......

Yep.

Kind of hope that he goes to LA, and they match him up against Pierce in next years' finals.  Paul didn't have any trouble against him.  OVER-RATED!
Artest would still get more minutes against Pierce.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Well he left $1.6 million on the table by opting out of the second year of his deal with the Orlando Magic. So a $1.7 million one year deal with the L*kers would represent a raise, although the smallest possible one.

Barnes needs new representation.

Barnes needs new skills.

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I edited the title to reflect Wojo's quote from his twitter.  He is not reporting it is a done deal, and he is not reporting it at the minimum. 

Wasn't he the same Barnes who seemed like he absoutely HATED Kobe especially in the Orlando-Lakers regular season game. He taunted him and everything.
I guess we can put him in the same bucket as Artest - a sold out loser! Soon from now they'll be news report about how he and Artest and going over to Kobe's house to hang out..... <i'm gonna throw up>

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Looks like Artest will be available in trade this year...

Offline Banner_18

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Guys, I wouldn't call this a lock yet. Remember how certain everyone was that he was going to Toronto? My hunch is that he's using this to get other teams to pay him more money. It's clear that the guy is after money.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Wasn't he the same Barnes who seemed like he absoutely HATED Kobe especially in the Orlando-Lakers regular season game. He taunted him and everything.
I guess we can put him in the same bucket as Artest - a sold out loser! Soon from now they'll be news report about how he and Artest and going over to Kobe's house to hang out..... <i'm gonna throw up>
Now I hate the Laker's and Kobe especially as much if not more than most people.

However, giving up your hate of a player, signing for less money for a chance to win is not selling out.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 04:47:45 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Great. The Lakers have had a fantastic offseason while we have taken a step back. Very disappointing.

They had a fantastic offseason? The Lakers?

Matt Barnes isn't that good.

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Great. The Lakers have had a fantastic offseason while we have taken a step back. Very disappointing.

They had a fantastic offseason? The Lakers?

Matt Barnes isn't that good.

He is better than any of our backup wings on the bench.