Author Topic: Broussard update on CP3  (Read 6130 times)

Broussard update on CP3
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:22:27 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
just listening to First Take and they are reporting through Chris Broussard that the teams in the hunt for Chris Paul are ORL, NYK, POR, and DAL.

he is saying that the LAL are not on the list...

Re: Broussard update on CP3
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:51:03 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
just listening to First Take and they are reporting through Chris Broussard that the teams in the hunt for Chris Paul are ORL, NYK, POR, and DAL.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for POR and DAL.
Go West, young man, Go West!

Portland has more young assets to use in a trade: Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden.  I assume any trade will be CP3+Okafur in exchange for expirings, picks, young talent.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think he needs to add Houston to the list.  They are an aggressive team with a ton of assets.  I think they could really blow the Hornets away. 

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think he needs to add Houston to the list.  They are an aggressive team with a ton of assets.  I think they could really blow the Hornets away. 
Yeah, I think Aaron Brooks is the key. If New Orleans think he has star talent then Houston have an interesting offer.

If not, then they are basically the equivalent of the Pau Gasol Memphis Grizzlies when Jerry West was trying to turn Shane Battier/Mike Miller/Jason Williams/James Poesy into a star ... and couldn't because teams don't like trading away stars for role players.

Which is basically all Houston has to offer. Role players.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:07:08 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I don't see how Orlando or Dallas can make a reasonable offer. I'd scratch them off the list.

Portland could make several interesting offers. Probably based around LaMarcus Aldridge and parts.

The Knicks don't have much to offer but maybe they could put something together if the the Hornets valued A.Randolph or D.Gallinari highly. I doubt it though. They're an unlikely choice.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:19:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ugh I'd love to get CP3 in green.

Its not going to happen though. If he's traded I hope he ends up in Portland.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Yeah.  Exactly what type of package is NY going to offer?  They're still the same craptastic team they were last year, essentially "trading" Lee for Stoudemire.  They can offer cap space, but they don't have a ton of assets. 

Portland could offer a ton.  Dallas has a lot, but mostly aging players.  I'm not sure New Orleans wants that. 

Orlando could be interesting.  They could offer an expiring deal like Vince Carter's and throw in some nice young talent like Gortat, Reddick, or even Nelson. 

Hopefully that doesn't happen. 

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Yeah.  Exactly what type of package is NY going to offer?  They're still the same craptastic team they were last year, essentially "trading" Lee for Stoudemire.  They can offer cap space, but they don't have a ton of assets. 

Portland could offer a ton.  Dallas has a lot, but mostly aging players.  I'm not sure New Orleans wants that. 

Orlando could be interesting.  They could offer an expiring deal like Vince Carter's and throw in some nice young talent like Gortat, Reddick, or even Nelson. 

Hopefully that doesn't happen. 
As far as what NYC can offer it's a lot. They can give up Randolph, Chandler and/or Gallinari. But the most important is they could rid themselves of pretty much all of New Orleans' bad contracts.
I think New Orleans would have to listen if New York offered to take Okafor, Posey and/or Peja off their hands. This would allow New Orleans to start over fresh with Collison, Thornton, and whoever they get from the Knicks. That's a decent young core especially with a boatload of cap space.

I don't think the C's will try to get Paul but something to look for that could effect them is who is traded with Paul. If Posey or Peja goes with him I wouldn't  be shocked if the team acquiring them tries to buy one of them out. If this happens either would look good in Boston for the vet min.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 11:46:13 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Yeah, I think Aaron Brooks is the key. If New Orleans think he has star talent then Houston have an interesting offer.

If not, then they are basically the equivalent of the Pau Gasol Memphis Grizzlies when Jerry West was trying to turn Shane Battier/Mike Miller/Jason Williams/James Poesy into a star ... and couldn't because teams don't like trading away stars for role players.

They also have Hill, who looked good at the end of last year, as well as some enticing draft picks (not sure what the rules are about trading their pick next year, which has the option to switch with NY). 

And then expiring contracts.

A package based around Brooks, Hill, a couple draft picks would be hard to beat. 

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 11:47:44 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

They also have Hill, who looked good at the end of last year, as well as some enticing draft picks (not sure what the rules are about trading their pick next year, which has the option to switch with NY). 

A package based around Brooks, Hill, a couple draft picks would be hard to beat. 
I don't feel that Brooks is really that good a fit for New Orleans. I think if they trade Paul they go all Collison all the way.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Thunder make the most sense in my opinion.

Westbrook and Green

for

Paul

New Orleans gets a fabulous young PG and a solid young F and Thunder get a premier NBA player to pair with their other premier NBA player and would still have a bunch of solid pieces left.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 12:39:43 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for POR and DAL.
Go West, young man, Go West!

Portland has more young assets to use in a trade: Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden.  I assume any trade will be CP3+Okafur in exchange for expirings, picks, young talent.

Seriously.... can the Lakers face at least some resistance on the way back to the finals each year?

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I don't feel that Brooks is really that good a fit for New Orleans. I think if they trade Paul they go all Collison all the way.
I fully agree ... Collison > Brooks

I also think that Houston is a lousy trade partner for New Orleans + as well as most teams in the league who are looking to move a star player.

One of those teams like the Bulls of a few years ago who have a lot of over-rated trade assets.

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »

Offline EmilioBonilla

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 8
Hey guys how serious was CP3's injury? Is it career threatening?
I bleed Green

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i like the idea of the THunder doing the trade if they also get Okafor.  That team needs a legit center