Author Topic: CP3/Battier 4 team blockbuster idea  (Read 2148 times)

CP3/Battier 4 team blockbuster idea
« on: July 22, 2010, 09:19:13 AM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28ftp6t

To Celtics: Battier
To Rockets: Wallace,Turiaf
To Knicks: CP3, Okafor
To Hornets: Randolph, Azubuike, Douglas, Walker, Curry exp. Jeffries exp.

Hornets get 4 young talents and 18mil in expiring contracts.
Rockets get instant cap relief from wallace and jeffries gone along with a nice piece in turiaf.
celtics get their backup wing
knicks get Cp3!!
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

Re: CP3/Battier 4 team blockbuster idea
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:23:45 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Houston wants a superstar.  They are not going to help the Knicks get one.

So, let's cut the Knicks out of this one:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2exrewp

Houston sends: Brooks, Hill, Jeffries, Battier, Knicks 2012 first rounder (can always add another pick)
Houston gets: Paul, Posey

Boston sends: Sheed, first rounder
Boston gets: Battier

NOH sends: Paul, Posey
NOH gets: Sheed, Brooks, Hill, Jeffries, 2012 Knicks pick, 2011 C's pick

Posey also can be switched with Okafor if the teams choose, Houston would just have to also send out David Anderson.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29tmn2r

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28ftp6t

To Celtics: Battier
To Rockets: Wallace,Turiaf
To Knicks: CP3, Okafor
To Hornets: Randolph, Azubuike, Douglas, Walker, Curry exp. Jeffries exp.

Hornets get 4 young talents and 18mil in expiring contracts.
Rockets get instant cap relief from wallace and jeffries gone along with a nice piece in turiaf.
celtics get their backup wing
knicks get Cp3!!

can't those just be separate trades...

I do agree that the Knicks are the most likely landing pad for CP, however...but they'll have some work to do to fill out their roster.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:57 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The first trade was unfair for the Rockets. The second trade was unfair for the Hornets.

If the Hornets are trading Paul you better believe that they are going to get out from under the huge contracts of Peja and/or Okafor. No way they trade their star player and still maintain those bad contracts.

That's why I think the Knicks are the favorites. They can take on Paul's contract as well as those of Peja and Okafor send back some good young talent in Chandler, Randolph or Gallanari. The only problem is on top of that package I believe they probably will want a draft pick or two. Not sure who the 3rd team will be but I expect the trade to happen like that.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:44:33 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
ORL can take Posey, Okafor, and Paul for Carter, Gortat, Nelson.

They can then add in a bunch of picks (two firsts.)

Nelson, Carter, Peja, West, Gortat

with Collison, Julian Wright, and Songalia off the bench. I think there will be teams interested in all of those players, so they'd be in a position to keep making moves, but wouldn't have to since the salary is manageable and they are all 1 or 2 year deals.

An example follow trade they could make to cut salary:

J. Nelson and J. Wright to ATL
M. Williams to BOS
Sheed's Retiring Contract to NO

plus they could pickup a few picks in the move (or AB) - I would see BOS throwing in a protected first round pick (something like top20 protected for three years, then a 2nd rd pick.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:50:44 AM by Brendan »

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:50:05 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

with Collison, Julian Wright, and Songalia off the bench. I think there will be teams interested in all of those players, so they'd be in a position to keep making moves, but wouldn't have to since the salary is manageable and they are all 1 or 2 year deals.

If that deal goes through, Boston would have trouble getting by both Orlando and Miami.  At that point, Battier is not going to help us much.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:52:39 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
If that deal goes through, Boston would have trouble getting by both Orlando and Miami.  At that point, Battier is not going to help us much.
I agree with that - except ORL is our best matchup in that situation. Their wings and forwards are beatable by ours. And Perk and Rondo are the best chances defensively of slowing down Paul and Dwight.

See my update follow up trade - I think that could make sense for all three teams as well.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

M. Williams to BOS

plus they could pickup a few picks in the move (or AB) - I would see BOS throwing in a protected first round pick (something like top20 protected for three years, then a 2nd rd pick.)

yeah but then NO isn't getting any talent in return for CP....

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 10:10:55 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff

M. Williams to BOS

yeah but then NO isn't getting any talent in return for CP....
In that proposed trade sequence they get Gortat and Carter for CP, plus three first round picks, 9 million of savings this year, and out from the long term deals of Okafor and the bad deal of Posey. They'd have good talent in the front line they could move (Gortat, West, Carter) plus a young PG who looked very good last year in Colison.

I guess Magic could send three first round picks 2011, 2013, and 2015 - which would be worth it for that team, since a 1-2 of CP and Howard, plus Lewis, JJ, Pietrus, and Duhon fills out most of your roster for the next few years and the picks are likely to all be low, and you have a chance with Okafor to pickup some more value.

Realistically I think NO best bet with CP is to clear all the bad deals and pickup draft picks. Then they can make trades with the remaining talent as desired to try and get better players... but first they need to be sold and have some understanding of what their economic future is, because the reality is, they cannot afford to carry a significant payroll right now.