Author Topic: This is how CP3 becomes a Laker  (Read 9938 times)

This is how CP3 becomes a Laker
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:31:28 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
New Orleans sends Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor

Lakers send Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom.

New Orleans gets a franchise center that is still very young and a tremendous of the bench cog. They slip Darren Collison into the starting PG roll and look to sign a vet like Earl Watson to back him up. Also, the Hornets save $5 million in salary.

LA adds Paul to Kobe and Gasol and use Okafor in the defensive/rebounding 5th option roll that he is made for. The LA front line depth becomes a weaker but overall, I say they improve.

Scary thought but it might be the best move for both teams if Paul is dead set against playing in New Orleans next year.

Re: This is how CP3 becomes a Laker
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Yeah I too was thinking that Bynum + Odom would get the Lakers Cp3 and Okafer, but hopefully it doesn't happen.

I'd rather have cp3 go to the Knick or Magic.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 12:48:36 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd like to see that trade happen. You break up that LA frontline, and there's no question LA becomes weaker.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 12:54:36 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Yeah I too was thinking that Bynum + Odom would get the Lakers Cp3 and Okafer, but hopefully it doesn't happen.

What? If my memory serves me right, Celtics are in the East not the West. East has one super team, no need for a second. Cp3 needs to stay out west.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 01:08:08 AM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59

What? If my memory serves me right, Celtics are in the East not the West. East has one super team, no need for a second. Cp3 needs to stay out west.

I too would want him to stay in the West, but the article said that Cp3 is interested in : Lakers, Magic and Knicks, so on the basis of that I'd rather have him go to the Knicks/Magic than to join the Lakers and help em win banner number 17 and tie with us.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
lol chris paul is a top 5 player...  two years ago he averaged 23 points, 11 assists, 5.6 rebounds, 2.8 steals on 50% shooting...

That's ridiculous.  That's Isiah Thomas reborn.  If the Lakers add that kind of dominance... forget it.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 01:19:14 AM »

Kiorrik

Erm... I am rather ... scared, if that happens...

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 01:36:33 AM »

Offline Banner_18

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
I would love for that to happen. No doubt that they would become weaker without Bynum and Odom. Their "bread and butter" is their front line skill and size.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 02:12:59 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
no way new orleans is trying to make la that good they are sending him to the knicks for the east to deal with him.
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 02:15:58 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
New Orleans sends Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor

Lakers send Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom.

New Orleans gets a franchise center that is still very young and a tremendous of the bench cog. They slip Darren Collison into the starting PG roll and look to sign a vet like Earl Watson to back him up. Also, the Hornets save $5 million in salary.

LA adds Paul to Kobe and Gasol and use Okafor in the defensive/rebounding 5th option roll that he is made for. The LA front line depth becomes a weaker but overall, I say they improve.

Scary thought but it might be the best move for both teams if Paul is dead set against playing in New Orleans next year.

I think LA needs to include a first round pick to get this done.  I agree that Bynum is a nice young building block, but Chris Paul is such a better one.  No way they can sell to that fan base that they traded Chris Paul for Andrew Bynum.  Odom for Okafor adds nothing to the deal for N.O. fans except cap relief for the owners.

Chris Paul doesn't have a no trade clause and N.O. could get a better young player back in exchange like Danny Granger, I bet.  Would Chicago give up Derrick Rose for him?  I'd prefer both players to Bynum unless at least a first rounder was included from LA.

Does anybody else think that Chris Paul's wouldn't best be utilized in the triangle offense well?  (see: gary payton 2003)
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 02:38:16 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I don't see it. Newly arrived GM, Dell Demps first move isn't going to be dealing Paul unless Paul forces his hand with far more than this anonymous off-season leak.

Second, outside of off-loading Okafor's contract not sure I find the appeal in a Bynum/Odom package. Bynum is one of the league's best young centers when healthy, but that's the rub. He also looks to lack the maturity necessary to shoulder a team night in and night out. (Though maturity is in short supply in New Orleans at the moment...)

As for Odom, he's still owed a not inconsiderable $25 million over the next three seasons, and talent aside, probably isn't the sort of veteran presence/steady hand that a left in the lurch Hornets team would need. Anybody see him playing the good soldier - even accepting his Lakers sixth man role - on a lottery team?

If Paul puts a gun to Demps' head, then Dell should choose Orlando - I'd prefer a Nelson, Gortat, Redick, Bass and picks return on Paul and Okafor. Though admittedly none of those players has Bynum's ceiling.

EDIT - On second thought, Orlando can't offer sufficient return either.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:54:29 AM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 03:12:53 AM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
I would love for that to happen. No doubt that they would become weaker without Bynum and Odom. Their "bread and butter" is their front line skill and size.

is your name Banner 18 for us for the Lakers after they hypothetically get CP3 for Bynum?

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd like to see that trade happen. You break up that LA frontline, and there's no question LA becomes weaker.

Exactly.

Kobe and Paul are both guys that like having the ball for alot of the shot clock. It wouldn’t work. One of their games would be affected.

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 04:03:04 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If Bynum were healthy New Orleans would have to consider this trade. But his knee woes are such that he has become a much less attractive trading chip.

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 04:05:32 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Exactly.

Kobe and Paul are both guys that like having the ball for alot of the shot clock. It wouldn’t work. One of their games would be affected.

LeBron/Wade?
CELTICS 2024