Author Topic: Boston/Portland/New Orleans trade idea  (Read 2901 times)

Boston/Portland/New Orleans trade idea
« on: July 21, 2010, 05:29:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Boston sends Rasheed Wallace and Tony Gaffney and Oliver LaFayette and 2011 2nd rounder to New Orleans

Boston receives Rudy Fernandez and Joel Prybilla

New Orleans sends James Posey and Darren Collison to Portland

New Orleans receives Rasheed Wallace, Tony Gaffney, Oliver LaFayette, the rights to Elliot Williams and Boston's and Portland's 2011 2nd round picks

Portland sends Rudy Fernandez and Joel Prybilla to Boston
Portland send the rights to Elliot Williams and a 2011 2nd round pick to New Orleans

Portland receives Darren Collison and James Posey.

Everyone gets what they want. Boston gets the outside shooting and defensive oriented SG and back up defensive center they need. Portland gets a young dynamic PG they have been craving for as well as a good defensive 3/4 bacup in Posey that will lend some championship type leadership. New Orleans cuts Rasheed, Gaffney and LaFayette reducing a ton salary and getting rid of Posey's contract while picking up a big good sized outside shooting SG prospect and a couple of 2nd rounders to play with in next years draft.

Now I know people are going to be saying that Przybilla is hurt and might not be able to go until December or January, but he provides something in the wake of Perk possibly not being able to return and is an expiring contract. If Przybilla provides nothing else, worst case scenario, he brings Fernandez here and a to decent sized expiring contract to deal at the trade deadline. Best case scenario, he could be back to being a defensive presence and rebounding machine coming off the bench by December.

Re: Boston/Portland/New Orleans trade idea
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I like it. I can see the reasoning for all three teams. NO gets crushed talent-wise, but if they are willing to do it for salary considerations, it doesn't get better than that.

Have a TP from me.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
The problem I have with it is Joel Pryzbilla. Isn't he seriously injured? I don't he would would be able to help us at all

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 07:32:02 PM »

Offline bballee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
NOH could likely get a lot more for Collison--there is a lot of interest.  But it would get them under the cap, at least until they added enough players to reach 12.  In your scenario they cut Gaffney so I say keep him--I like his spidey defense.  Portland would then have to figure out what to do with Miller.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
NOH could likely get a lot more for Collison--there is a lot of interest.  But it would get them under the cap, at least until they added enough players to reach 12.  In your scenario they cut Gaffney so I say keep him--I like his spidey defense.  Portland would then have to figure out what to do with Miller.
The problem is the Celtics are getting a lot of something for nothing in this proposal, which makes it not too balanced for the other players.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 03:37:19 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
If we can get Rudy and Przybilla for none of our active roster for the upcoming season, I do it.

This is if Joel is healthy to start the season. We need him more in the first half than after the break.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 06:55:01 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
don't see NOH trading Collison right now with Paul likely asking for a trade....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:32:36 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I like it for the C's and Portland, but is New Orleans trying to see how bad they can become? 

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:13:26 AM »

Offline ajgoodman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • 'Cause there ain't no fours!
Since when is Rudy Fernandez defensive-oriented?  He's anything but a defensive off-guard. Fernandez is known more for his lack thereof.